No announcement yet.

BCS Bowl Predictions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If both Missouri and West Virginia were to lose this weekend, who should play for the national championship?

My prediction is Ohio State and LSU (assuming LSU wins the SEC championship - if they lose Virginia Tech assuming they win the ACC - if all four teams lose USC)

This is a crazy system. I would love for all four teams to lose and Hawaii and KU to scream their own merits to closed ears. :cry:
    Smooth
    Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by Smooth007
      If both Missouri and West Virginia were to lose this weekend, who should play for the national championship?

My prediction is Ohio State and LSU (assuming LSU wins the SEC championship - if they lose Virginia Tech assuming they win the ACC - if all four teams lose USC)

This is a crazy system. I would love for all four teams to lose and Hawaii and KU to scream their own merits to closed ears. :cry:
      Smooth

Georgia is sitting at #4 and not playing, so if Mizzou and WVU both lose, it would probably be OSU and Georgia, unless the human voters bumped the SEC Champ way ahead of Georgia.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog

Smooth

Georgia is sitting at #4 and not playing, so if Mizzou and WVU both lose, it would probably be OSU and Georgia, unless the human voters bumped the SEC Champ way ahead of Georgia.
        I don't think the voters (AP and Coaches) would keep a team in the top 2 that didn't even qualify to play in their own conference title game (Ex. KU and Georgia.) Thus, ranking them below other teams who did win their conference championship with the same amount of losses. Atleast, I would hope so...

Smooth
        Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

I have no idea how a sane person or organization could allow Georgia to play for the National Championship under that scenario. That would just further the lunacy of the NCAA.

So we get Ohio State that is going to play for the NC. They get that luxury by beating Michigan.....oooooooooo......so does Ap State also get to play?

f ing joke.

Comment

Originally posted by CharlieHog

Smooth

I don't think the voters (AP and Coaches) would keep a team in the top 2 that didn't even qualify to play in their own conference title game (Ex. KU and Georgia.) Thus, ranking them below other teams who did win their conference championship with the same amount of losses. Atleast, I would hope so...

Smooth
            This happened in 2001, or 2002 when Nebraska lost to Colorado and didn't play in the Big XII championship, but played in the National Championship. It could happen, very unlikely though.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
              I have no idea how a sane person or organization could allow Georgia to play for the National Championship under that scenario. That would just further the lunacy of the NCAA.

So we get Ohio State that is going to play for the NC. They get that luxury by beating Michigan.....oooooooooo......so does Ap State also get to play?

f ing joke.
              It is an effing joke.

Ohio State has had the benefit over the last few years of not having to play in a conference title game and chancing any possible loss from it.

Wow, now I'm really getting pissed. The NCAA should really be ashamed of itself in regards to football. Totally embarrassing.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                If Mizzou loses, then they fall out of the top 4 of the BCS. This would move KU into the top 4 and gaurantee them a BCS bowl. Mizzou would be left out due to the fact they play in a tougher than heck conference this year. OU gets the auto. KU gets the top 4 BCS at-large.

That system is BS. Mizzou just needs to beat OU and then both the Hawks and Tigers get in.
                If VT wins the ACC they might jump KU in the BCS, they aren't far behind and with Mizzou losing it would hurt KU's numbers since Mizzou is the only team that KU played all year that was in the top 40.

And the Big XII is not a tougher than heck conference. It's just a very unbalanced league. OU, KU, MU are good, but the rest suck. The big 3 loaded up on wins.

Comment

All good points, meaning the system is screwed up, and this year, the presidents might have to answer some tough questions about moving towards a playoff. This system is set up for failure. Ask Auburn, Michigan, soon-to-be Missouri, and a whole host of others that have been screwed.

Also, I can't imagine that KU will be left out with only 1 loss on the year. They sit in great shape. If OU wins the B12, and Mizzou is left out, we'll never hear the end, and it is a definite possibility.

If no one has noticed, KU is getting all this because they haven't played a soul this year. So, memo to all BCS teams: quit scheduling big boys and play the bottom feeders. It's a win-win situation under the current format. I guarantee that more teams will begin to think like this, and the fans will suffer. Too bad.

Comment

I've been complaining about KU not scheduling anyone, but I also realize you can't blame them for doing it. It's not their fault they're smarter than everyone else. They only had to play their hearts out 2 games this year and they would've been guaranteed a spot in the National Championship game.

Comment

It's all pretty funny.

If KU has been in the WAC or Mountain West and had a schedule like that, they would've never made it past No.10 in the polls. But as it is, the conference affiliation helped em out, fair or not. In this case.. NOT.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think Hawaii will keep the national championship in the WAC.

Comment

Well, I can almost (not 100%) gaurantee a 2 loss national champion now. I made a comment back a ways, and I can't find it now, that said the national champion would be a 2 loss team. Well LSU is that team. Playing the game in their backyard. OSU has never beat an SEC team in a bowl. It's a gimme.

Comment

KU is a total joke.

Comment

Championship: LSU vs. Ohio State
                              Fiesta: Oklahoma vs. West Virginia
                              Rose: USC vs. Illinois
                              Orange: Virginia Tech vs. Kansas
                              Sugar: Hawai'i vs. Georgia

Comment

Missouri beats Illinois and Kansas, but loses twice to OU.

Kansas beats...... hmm

Interesting selection by the Orange Bowl

Comment

Working...
                                X