GOP Makes the Democrat Own the 816 Billion "Stimulus&qu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoShockers89
    It is astonishing how much we are behaving like Japan did nearly twenty years ago.
    someone once said:

"We learn from history that we learn nothing from history."

another one is:

"What experience and history teach is this -- that people and governments never have learned anything from history, or acted on principles."

Comment

Here's some of the latest, greatest hits.

I still haven't heard any of you that support the bill defend these types of appropriations. How in the world does this stimulate the economy?

- $30 billion for the Department of Energy to pick winners and losers in the “green energy” field, while continuing to prevent Americans from capitalizing on our own nation’s extensive energy resources such as oil and natural gas.

- $1.1 billion for Amtrak and other unprofitable, seldom-used regional passenger rail systems

- $8.6 billion to pay rent for an undetermined number of people, and for a 1960’s style public housing blitz which will further ghettoize poor Americans in massive, often dangerous public housing projects

- $650 million to give people digital cable television

- $1 billion to “fix” the 2010 census, which has not even begun yet

- $475 million for the bureaucratic backwater that standardizes measurements

- $570 million to put up and maintain roads through protected areas such as Indian reservations, and national forests

- $1.2 billion to provide high school and college students with government make-work summer jobs

- $850 million for NASA to study the already well-documented resources of planet Earth (shhhhh…don’t tell anyone that there is plentiful oil and natural gas just off America’s shores!)

Comment

I hope the three Republicans voting for this are ousted by someone in their next primary.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ABC
          $1 billion to “fix” the 2010 census, which has not even begun yet.

Can I assume by "fix" you mean to ensure that the White House chooses whom will vote and where assuring their continued power?

Comment

We could have had us another war with all that!

The Cost Of War: $136 Billion In 2009

Over $593 billion so far, according to the National Priorities Project.

8)
            I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Funny how we spend 593 billion making other people more free, but spend a trillion to make ourselves less free....

This money would just be better served providing a safety net to folks hitting hard times and let the economy turn itself around.
              "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

And it was many on the left that said we couldn't afford to pay for the war and then they turn around in a matter of months and put that spending to shame for what's mostly nothing more than pet projects that do absolutely zero for the economy.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                  And it was many on the left that said we couldn't afford to pay for the war and then they turn around in a matter of months and put that spending to shame for what's mostly nothing more than pet projects that do absolutely zero for the economy.
                  It's all about getting votes in the next election.

Pander, pander, pander.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                    I hope the three Republicans voting for this are ousted by someone in their next primary.
                    Lots of backlash on Spector, Collins and Snowe. Looks like Spector will probably be done when up for re-election in '10. Collins and Snowe may actually survive.... Sadly
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

$300 million for golf carts?
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

From what has been leaked of Geithner's plan (which I would argue will play a SIGNIFICANTLY larger role in reviving the economy than the porkulus bill), I am very encouraged. The biggest key, in my opinion, will be how they evaluate which banks qualify for receiving the funds based on projections of future losses and gains.

Be very thankful that David Axelrod did not get his way on this.

Comment

Not paying your taxes would be considered a personal stimulus.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11

8)

Thanks, Barney. The great Democratic comeback these days....."you guys screwed things up...don't tell me I don't get to do the same thing!"

The stupidity is laughable.

By the way, please keep rolling out Barney Frank. Every second he is the face of the Democratic leadership is one second closer to getting you nimrods out of power.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11

8)

Are you and the elitist snobs going to spend all the time looking back in an attempt to make the inevitable turnaround look more like your own doing?

Stop blaming everyone else (although that is the definition of your beliefs so I am really pissing up a rope with that hope) and tell me how you're going to fix something.

It's your baby now...you cannot change the past. Fix the future oh mighty one.

Comment

He's so full of crap if he really thinks that ONLY gov't can fix economy
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X