No announcement yet.

Olympics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, how good is the USA swim team? They set a WR in Heat 1 of the Men's 4x100m Freestyle Relay without their top 3 swimmer, including Phelps.

Now the US team has to decide which one of the 4 that just swam in Heat 1 will swim in the finals tonight. I'd like to see Cullen Jones make it. He had the best time of the 4 for his leg of the race and would be the first African American in the finals.

Comment

The swimmers are awesome. I need to go watch the tv again.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
        Sabre is our best event. :D
        You sure know a lot about something you don't care that much about..
        :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
        (I do read the paper occasionally and did notice that we won first, second and third in sabre. How can you beat that?)
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

that 400m relay was awesome! after all that smack talk by france, we just served them! USA USA USA!

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
            that 400m relay was awesome! after all that smack talk by france, we just served them! USA USA USA!
            No joke!

"We're going to smash the Americans! That's what we came here for." - Alain Bernard (Team France)

"YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!! (WHO'S TALKING NOW B****!!!!)" - Michael Phelps (Team USA)

GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!
            The Assman

Comment

Michael Phelps gave the world the finger basically.

I want to be Michael Phelps for halloween, screw the joker!

Comment

It almost makes me wish the Chinese would start trash talking, especially in gymnastics. We could really use some extra inspiration there. :yes:
                "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

I believe I saw Phelps mouth a few words right at the end of the race. And I don't think they were rated PG.

That race had to be one of the more thrilling sports moments I have ever seen. I figured it was over and 25 meters later was clutching my chair screaming at the tv. That is definitely something that I was glad to see live. And that race was just crazy with how fast it was swum.

Phelps set an American Record for 100m free. The guy that was winning the race on the first leg set a world record in it. 46 second split for the anchor?

I just hope other countries, too, start talking trash.

Comment

That relay race was awesome, TAKE THAT FRENCH!
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Visit NBCOlympics.com for Summer Paralympics live streams, highlights, schedules, news, athlete bios and more from Milan Cortina 2026.

I think Dan Hicks and Rowdy Gaines enjoyed the race as well.

The fastest relay leg ever to that point was 46.54 I think. Lezak went 46.03. Stunning.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
                        More awesome than a Chiefs preseason game?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                          http://www.nbcolympics.com/video/player.html?assetid=0811_hd_swb_hl_l0194&channelco de=sportsw

I think Dan Hicks and Rowdy Gaines enjoyed the race as well.

The fastest relay leg ever to that point was 46.54 I think. Lezak went 46.03. Stunning.
                          I think they forgot that they were broadcasting. They sounded just like any other american fan at the end, and I don't blame them one bit.

What was the WR previously before the Americans beat it in the Prelims? My guess is that almost every team in that race broke the WR that was help previous to these Olympic games.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                            Originally posted by newshock1234
                            More awesome than a Chiefs preseason game?
                            not quite, but it was still good
                            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                              What was the WR previously before the Americans beat it in the Prelims? My guess is that almost every team in that race broke the WR that was help previous to these Olympic games.
                              Prior to this years Olympics, the 4X100 WR was 3:12:46 by Phelps, Jones, Neil Walker and Lezak in '06.

Final Times last night:

1. USA 3:08:24
                              2. FRA 3:08:32
                              3. AUS 3:09:91
                              4. ITA 3:11:48
                              5. SWE 3:11:92
                              6. CAN 3:12:26

OLD WR 3:12:46

7. RSA 3:12:66
                              8. GBR 3:12:87

The water in the cube is very fast.........this time represents more than a 2% reduction in the WR time......those are numbers simply unheard of in today's world.

Comment

Interesting article about why times are dropping so much.

It is the swim suits, the pool and of course, the training.

Some whining going on about the suits.

Olympic swimming is interesting; it captures our attentin, including mine, every four years, but can someone tell me when they've watced a televised swimming competition when it wasn't the Olympics (or Olympic qualifying)?

Comment

Working...
                                X