X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by newshock1234
    Originally posted by ShockerFever
    That relay race was awesome, TAKE THAT FRENCH!
    More awesome than a Chiefs preseason game?
    not quite, but it was still good
    I feel somewhat certain that you are kidding but if you aren't then I pray for your sanity and intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
      Originally posted by ShockerFever
      That relay race was awesome, TAKE THAT FRENCH!
      More awesome than a Chiefs preseason game?
      not quite, but it was still good
      I feel somewhat certain that you are kidding but if you aren't then I pray for your sanity and intelligence.
      actually im serious, I love my chiefs just as much as i love my shocks
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

ABC,

I can only speak for myself, but I don't have the option of watching a televised swimming event, other than during the Olympics. If it's not on a major network, I don't see it.
        No cable, no satellite, no cell phone...yes, we do exist. :yes: :D
        "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

This is why you continue boxing until the very end.

Confusion reigns in Warren's stunning defeat

Comment

Boy, Mark Spitz doesn't think too highly of himself, does he? :sarcasm:

"She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Michael Phelps just won his 4th and 5th gold medal tonight!

that brings his gold medal count to 11 (most golds by one person ever)

with 13, he is the most decorated swimmer ever

Comment

Originally posted by shockandawe08
                Boy, Mark Spitz doesn't think too highly of himself, does he? :sarcasm:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080811...NBonwMxVoLMxIF

Mark just lot a lot of fans today. Those comments are stunningly bad. Why must so many of the great ones continually open mouth and insert foot?

Every great athlete should be forced to take Sportsmanship 101....and it should be taught by Barry Sanders.

Comment

WuDrWu,

Barry Sanders is most definitely a class act and I would also add Art Monk to that high standard. Both just did their jobs without any fanfare.
                  I feel if you have to blow your own horn, you're not all THAT.

Comment

Okay, I'm now feeling more than a little concerned about Chinese parenting in light of these Olympic Games. Their female athletes, in particular, look scared to death. Tales are surfacing about one gymnast who begged her parents to let her quit and come home a few years ago and they said "no" because of what it could mean for their family if she stayed.
                    What, exactly, does that mean?
                    If we take into account that the Chinese have been limited in the past to one child per household (preference on boys; high abortion rate otherwise...don't get me started on THAT topic!), I just don't understand how any parent wouldn't be moved to act in the best interest of their precious child. Someone please enlighten me because I feel I am watching the ultimate in stage parents (government included) in these games.
                    Yes, I realize American parents are far from perfect, but at least we have laws in place that are meant to prevent this sort of thing, even if they don't always work.
                    Just what ARE the penalties in China for losing at anything? Can someone tell me?

Comment

No cable, no satellite, no cell phone...yes, we do exist. :yes: :D
                      NO CABLE ... Do you know that on February 17, 2009 .... just kidding ...LOL

Comment

Okay, I'm now feeling more than a little concerned about Chinese parenting in light of these Olympic Games. Their female athletes, in particular, look scared to death. Tales are surfacing about one gymnast who begged her parents to let her quit and come home a few years ago and they said "no" because of what it could mean for their family if she stayed.
                        What, exactly, does that mean?
                        If we take into account that the Chinese have been limited in the past to one child per household (preference on boys; high abortion rate otherwise...don't get me started on THAT topic!), I just don't understand how any parent wouldn't be moved to act in the best interest of their precious child. Someone please enlighten me because I feel I am watching the ultimate in stage parents (government included) in these games.
                        Yes, I realize American parents are far from perfect, but at least we have laws in place that are meant to prevent this sort of thing, even if they don't always work.
                        Just what ARE the penalties in China for losing at anything? Can someone tell me?
                        I seem to recall those same types of stories from Soviet and eastern bloc olympic teams. Gotta love Communism! :roll:

Comment

They might be parents of those kids, but the Govt is who they answer to. China is very corrupt, especially with their gymnastics. Kids are sent off at the age of 3 to learn and practice. Who the heck does that with their kid?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                            Kids are sent off at the age of 3 to learn and practice. Who the heck does that with their kid?
                            Tiger Woods dad?
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                              Originally posted by rrshock
                              Kids are sent off at the age of 3 to learn and practice. Who the heck does that with their kid?
                              Tiger Woods dad?
                              Except I believe Earl was around still. Those Chinese parents send them off and I don't believe they come back often at all.

Comment

Snapshot9 wrote:

"NO CABLE ... Do you know that on February 17, 2009 .... just kidding ...LOL"

LOL, yeah I know. Don't worry, we sent away for those coupons and bought 2 converter boxes for $5 each, so we're all set. Maybe one day we'll get cable again, but right now we have other priorities. ;-) I do miss the sports coverage a LOT. :(

Comment

Working...
                                X