Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockandawe08
    Snapshot9 wrote:

"NO CABLE ... Do you know that on February 17, 2009 .... just kidding ...LOL"

LOL, yeah I know. Don't worry, we sent away for those coupons and bought 2 converter boxes for $5 each, so we're all set. Maybe one day we'll get cable again, but right now we have other priorities. ;-) I do miss the sports coverage a LOT. :(
    Are you getting better off-air reception with the new box?
    "If you're going to do it, you're going to do it right," athletic director Jim Schaus said. "If we're going to put 'Wichita State' across our chest, then every team is going to matter."

Comment

WSU Shocker,

YES! One thing we've noticed, though, has been that during Olympic coverage ONLY, the box shuts off occasionally then comes right back on. Very annoying at times. :-x
      "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Gold number #6 for Michael!

Comment

WSU Shocker,

YES! One thing we've noticed, though, has been that during Olympic coverage ONLY, the box shuts off occasionally then comes right back on. Very annoying at times. :-x
          What annoyed me even more was when they did an "Emergency Service Test" during live coverage of the woman's gymnastics final.

Are you freaking kidding! You couldn't find a better time? Say 3 in the morning maybe.
          The Assman

Comment

I got yelled at today at work by some customer for changing the channel on the tv TO THE OLYMPICS. We had had the tv on CNBC, which had Olympic coverage of boxing, and after it was over I changed it to NBC, which had the coverage of the USA men's volleyball team, and as she was walking out she comes up to me and goes in about the snobbiest voice you could imagine "Maybe you should make sure nobody is watching the tv before you change the channel."

Comment

macshocker2004,

:whistle: Someone didn't get their bowl of milk... :lol:
              "She is only HALF a mother who does not see HER child in EVERY child." - Anonymous

Comment

Michael has tied Mark Spitz by winning his 7th in the 100 meter butterfly by 1/100th of a second.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotel Paper
                  Michael has tied Mark Spitz by winning his 7th in the 100 meter butterfly by 1/100th of a second.
                  Truly amazing! I thought when he won the 4x100 freestyle relay it couldn't get any closer then that. THEN THIS HAPPENS!!!
                  The Assman

Comment

I really thought Michael had come in second and when his mom held up two fingers, I knew she thought so too. The expression on her face was classic, as well as the guy standing in front of her. But it probably mirrored my own. It was only after the Serbian protest was dismissed and I saw a slow-motion underwater review that I felt certain Phelps had truly won. Whew! :yahoo:

Added: And I was glad to see Spitz was more gracious in his interview this time. Not quite as egotistical, but still leaves some room for improvement. :D

Comment

There's more exciting stuff going on than this little thingy that goes on every four years.. like Chiefs' preseason football, Royals baseball, Little League World Series baseball, etc.

Phelps concludes the quest for 8 tonight at around 10, as Olympic swimming comes to an end this year.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                        There's more exciting stuff going on than this little thingy that goes on every four years.. like Chiefs' preseason football, Royals baseball, Little League World Series baseball, etc.

Phelps concludes the quest for 8 tonight at around 10, as Olympic swimming comes to an end this year.
                        I disagree. To each their own...

Comment

I have to confess to watching some Olympic volleyball, gymnastics and swimming. 8)
                          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

ShockerFever,

I admire your sarcasm. :D Not a hair on my head is out of place.

Comment

Boy, Mark Spitz doesn't think too highly of himself, does he? :sarcasm:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080811...NBonwMxVoLMxIF
                              Mark really aquitted himself nicely when he interviewed with Phelps yesterday.....a really good comeback after he didn't handle the first part very well.

Frankly the video below is Mark Spritz in his better days.....the 440ish mark shows exactly how much gold he mined over the years.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

PS I hope the genius of Radner, Shearer and Crystal is not lost on many of you.

Comment

WuDrWu,

Gilda, with her Bobwa Wawa voice, just kills me. I will always miss her. :cry: And Crystal's Cosell...a classic. Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
                                X