No announcement yet.

2008 Royals - June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ill take Miguel Cabrera, Alex Rodriguez AND Phillip Hughes for Zach .

Nothing less. :D

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
      You definitely don't trade Zack in an Allard Baired type of deal......

I agree, if someone offers quite a bit you may have to pull the trigger, but you can't settle for deals like we did with Dye, Damon, Beltran........
      Agreed.

Comment

The Royals aren't trading Zack any time soon. More likely they'll be signing him to an three or four year extension.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

The Royals need a major overhaul, because they suck right now.

Comment

I wouldn't say they need a major overhaul. They're dealing with a lot of young talent and that takes some time. And they're developing more young talent. I feel good about the overall direction the organization is taking and some of the pieces that are in place throughout the system.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Royals select Eric Hosmer, 1B, American Heritage H.S. (Plantation, Fla.) #3 overall.
              "You can observe a lot just by watching."
              -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Hosmer:

6'4" 215

Hitting Ability: Hosmer is an advanced high school hitter who has an excellent approach, balance and bat speed.
                Power: He's got average power right now, but there's plenty of room for more once he closes holes up and in.
                Running Speed: He is a well below-average runner.
                Base Running: The below-average speed makes him a bit of a clogger.
                Arm Strength: He's got an above-average arm, a rarity for a first baseman.
                Fielding: Hosmer has soft hands and can really pick it at first.
                Range: He moves surprisingly well and has good range.
                Physical Description: Hosmer is a big, strong left-handed first baseman who's drawn comparisons to Casey Kotchman, both in size and hitting ability.
                Medical Update: Healthy.
                Strengths: An advanced approach at the plate, plenty of power potential -- he's just an all-around offensive package.
                Weaknesses: The one weakness in his offensive game is on pitches up and in. He tucks his hands and anything thrown hard and inside will give him some trouble.
                Summary: Arguably the top high school bat in the Draft class, the lefty first baseman has drawn comparisons to Casey Kotchman for his advanced hitting approach, though he might not quite be there. He's got a ton of upside with the bat, both in terms of hitting for average and power and he's surprisingly nimble defensively. Teams who like high school hitters with potential to move fairly quickly will be on Hosmer all spring.
                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Awesome. We drafted Billy Butler, except he's already a first baseman.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

I guess they wanted to get the best talent rather than target a position.

With the DH, there is room for Butler and Hosmer.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy23
                      Well, in 3-5 years this guy may end up in LF, or retired, instead of on the MLB roster. You draft the best available in the MLB draft and they do have a hole at 1st and this guy is supposedly a great fielder with a plus arm. At least its not another 3rd baseman. I like the pick.
                      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I was hoping they'd take a college bat. Weren't there a couple that had been discussed?
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

He actually has pretty damn good agility. There are mixed feelings about his upside athleticism. Some think he actually projects to a RF with a plus arm. He has hit 98 mph off the mound. Sits comfortably at 93-95.

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                            I was hoping they'd take a college bat. Weren't there a couple that had been discussed?

Yes, Posey, Justin Smoak (1B) of South Carolina and Gordon Beckham (SS) of Georgia were some hitters. Also Brian Matusz, LHP of San Diego and Aaron Crow, RHP of Missouri were rumored to be on the Royals list.
                            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

I think Smoak is the one I've read about a few times.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by 7hottamales

He actually has pretty damn good agility. There are mixed feelings about his upside athleticism. Some think he actually projects to a RF with a plus arm. He has hit 98 mph off the mound. Sits comfortably at 93-95.
                                I'd love to have an Adrian Gonzalez type player on our hands.
                                -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Working...
                                X