2008 Royals - June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 Royals - June

KC starts the month off right by finishing off Cleveland and winning their first series in what seems like forever. A couple of HRs by Guillen and Grud as well as Banny giving up just 5 hits through 8 innings lead KC to the 6-1 win. Gordon also had an 2 run double in the third. Hopefully we don't have any more streaks like the one that just ended.

KC is now sitting at 23-34 and 7.5 back.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

May was painful.

June should be good

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      May was painful.

June should be good

I'm with Sauce on this one the is looking to be 1/5th full :whistle:

But seriously there is a lot of season left and, well, you never know.

Go Royals!!

Go Shocks!!!!
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

If we can get three wins on this next road trip it will be an overwhelming success. Two is pretty good, really, and one is about what I expect.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Im calling for 2 outta 3 from the white sox.

Like Ozzie said change is coming on tuesday

Comment

Im calling for 2 outta 3 from the white sox.

Like Ozzie said change is coming on tuesday
            Good time to play the Chisox as our offense is in shambles right now.

Comment

I didn't see much of yesterday's game, but caught one early comment that said KC has walked exactly once in the past 55 innings. That's one inning past SIX GAMES!

Sweeney is the only guy in the past several years I can recall who could really work a walk during an at-bat. DDJ has done it some, but Moore has to get some guys on this team that can drive in runs and work an at-bat.

Comment

The Royals walked 3 X yesterday.

2 coming from Scott Elarton.
                Funny he also shut them down and struck out 6.

Comment

June should be good
                  Based on.. what?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                    June should be good
                    Based on.. what?
                    The first sentence in the post you quoted?

Comment

Zach got beat up pretty good last night. Hopefully Hochevar can have a little more successful outing tonight.

Hochevar and his sinker
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

i heard one of the other royals boards, that the royals are looking to trade Grienke. Is there any truth to this? I hope not
                        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I read that rumor in one of the articels on the Eagle site this morning. They'd be stupid to trade what may be thier best young arm. He's only 24. Unless they get a young power hitter and a good prospect or two. Even then I'd be cautious but anything less would be unacceptable.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

From what I've been able to gather is that one club inquired and KC responded that they would need to be overwhelmed by an offer.

It's not the Royals looking to trade but other teams wanting Zach.

I like Greinke in a Royals uniform, but if trading him would net us a serious upgrade in offensive talent, you have to consider it. KC appears to be developing some solid starters in the minors (Rosa, Cortes) and while Zach has been very good the past 4 months (in baseball time), you can't discount some of the things in his past. Sometimes you have to sell high.

Comment

You definitely don't trade Zack in an Allard Baired type of deal......

I agree, if someone offers quite a bit you may have to pull the trigger, but you can't settle for deals like we did with Dye, Damon, Beltran........
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                              X