X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That one sure rustled my jimmies....
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

We live a few miles from the epicenter and it jolted the house pretty good. Being so close it didn't last long at all, but we did have some things fall off of the walls and shelves.

Comment

Are these quakes affecting the salt mines?
        Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Not that I'm aware of. But South Hutch could claim the world's largest salt shaker!

Comment

lmao

Comment

Oh, is that what happened?
              I thought it was me passing some gas.
              whew, makes me feel better
              oh, what a relief it is.

Comment

Felt a pretty good pop on Thanksgiving Day at arournd 4:30 pm as did my neighbor. Felt like vehicle had bumped into the corner of the house.

Just had another one now (12:28 pm, Friday 11/27/20). A little bigger shake than yesterday. Made the grandfather clock chime.

I live in the 29th and Woodlawn area.

Anyone else feel these.
                Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 27, 2020, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Oh yeah!

Comment

Apparently, these two quakes weren't real strong at only magnitude 2.7 and 2.6 but they were apparently centered somewhere around 13th and Greenwich Road.

https://www.kwch.com/2020/11/27/seco...a-in-two-days/

According to the KGS maps this article links to the earthquakes were just east of the east side of Hawker/Beechcraft in the Pine Meadows housing area. We built a house in Pine Meadows that we sold about 7 years ago. One of the quakes was about 2 blocks to the northwest of that house and the other about 2 blocks east accross the retention pond form that house. We are about 5 miles northwest of that location now and we felt these pretty good.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; November 27, 2020, 04:27 PM.

Comment

Here is the location for the one yesterday (11/26/2020).

M 2.5 - 2 km NE of Eastborough, Kansas

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                        Here is the location for the one yesterday (11/26/2020).

M 2.5 - 2 km NE of Eastborough, Kansas
                        Looks like we have a bit of a discrepancy between the KGS and the USGS although when it comes to earthquakes not sure a 2 mile discrepancy means all that much.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                          Apparently, these two quakes weren't real strong at only magnitude 2.7 and 2.6 but they were apparently centered somewhere around 13th and Greenwich Road.

https://www.kwch.com/2020/11/27/seco...a-in-two-days/

According to the KGS maps this article links to the earthquakes were just east of the east side of Hawker/Beechcraft in the Pine Meadows housing area. We built a house in Pine Meadows that we sold about 7 years ago. One of the quakes was about 2 blocks to the northwest of that house and the other about 2 blocks east accross the retention pond form that house. We are about 5 miles northwest of that location now and we felt these pretty good.
                          Wow, so right in Dooda?

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Wow, so right in Dooda?
                            Tyrone needs to lay off the taco shop.
                            People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Actually the epicenter isn't that far away from the east side Taco Shop.....hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post

Tyrone needs to lay off the taco shop.
                                I miss ole Tyrone... we need him during these crazy a$$ times. Tyrone Shoelace where art thou?
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X