X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Best I can figure from the two sites is that both are reporting 6 quakes. Four of those match up timewise with both USGS and KGS (times- 11:42AM, 12:40PM, 12:47PM, and 1:18PM)

The USGS is not showing the 11:26AM (2.3) and 3:12PM (2.3) that the KGS has probably because they were under 2.5.

Strangely enough, the KGS did not report the USGS 12:52 (3.4) and has not reported the 8:39PM (2.9) as of yet.

If all is true, that is 8 quakes today.
    I wonder if those discrepanies are due to where their seismic instruments are located located?

Leave a comment:

• ShockTalk
    replied
    Best I can figure from the two sites is that both are reporting 6 quakes. Four of those match up timewise with both USGS and KGS (times- 11:42AM, 12:40PM, 12:47PM, and 1:18PM)

The USGS is not showing the 11:26AM (2.3) and 3:12PM (2.3) that the KGS has probably because they were under 2.5.

Strangely enough, the KGS did not report the USGS 12:52 (3.4) and has not reported the 8:39PM (2.9) as of yet.

If all is true, that is 8 quakes today.

Leave a comment:

• JVShocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    Dang. How can I not be feeling these?
    Easy peasy.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    I think that makes 6 quakes today. Looks like there was a bit of stray at 29th Street N just east of the Stryker Soccer Complex on Greenwich. That was a 2.3 and I did not feel that one.

The map doesn't yet show the latest quake.

You need to change the date to 12-19-20 to zoom in. Right click on the location dots for info about that quake.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by NCAABound View Post
    Another big one it seemed
    Yep, although that want did not seem quite as big as a couple of the earlier ones today from my location.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    That one felt stronger....closer to the 3.7 IMO. But i live at ground zero at 13th and Greenwich.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post
    Another pretty big one. 127th and 13th. About 8:40.
    M 2.9 - 2 km NE of Eastborough, Kansas

Leave a comment:

• ShauXTyme
    replied
    Another pretty big one. 127th and 13th. About 8:40.

Leave a comment:

• NCAABound
    replied
    Another big one it seemed

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Shockm View Post

The Alley at 13th and Ridge?
    Brain cramp. My bad.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
    I went to the KGS web site to see if they had the one from 12:52 but nothing yet for that one. But they did have a 2.3 one at 3:12 pm on the map on 29th between Greenwich and 127th, or basically a 1/2 mile east of Stryker sports complex. USGS didn't show that one because it was under 2.5.
    USGS reported one at the same time (2.1 magnitude).

Leave a comment:

• Ted Lasso's Neighbor
    replied
    I went to the KGS web site to see if they had the one from 12:52 but nothing yet for that one. But they did have a 2.3 one at 3:12 pm on the map on 29th between Greenwich and 127th, or basically a 1/2 mile east of Stryker sports complex. USGS didn't show that one because it was under 2.5.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    Scientist says Wichita’s Saturday quakes may have included most powerful since 1948

If you can't get past the paywall, you might try InPrivate or Incognito.

Leave a comment:

• 1979Shocker
    replied
    I felt the first one (shook my house) and felt one of the other ones, but not the other three. I think I was in my car during those.

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
    According to the KGS map, the 11:42 one happened in the NE corner of the Red Robin at 13th and Webb. I wonder if that's where the bathrooms are located :)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X