No announcement yet.

Orlando

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At a night club that sounds like it is pretty popular, 100 people standing outside in line waiting to get in probably wouldn't be all that rare.
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

"Here's 15 ways to kill a lot of people. Don't mind that they haven't been used any time in recent history. But trust me, they'd work. And, because they'd work, we shouldn't ban this other way that has been used in mass killings regularly over the last two decades."

Comment

I suppose it is true that No American NEEDS to own an AR-15. This is also true of owning a Corvette.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
          2. Knife - This is the funniest on your list. I don't want to meet the person capable of killing 49 people with a knife and injuring another 50.
          You laugh, but their are multiple Israelis knifed daily. A french police officer and his wife (who also was police officer) were killed yesterday. A man with a knife is extremely dangerous. If he gets within the 21 feet of you and your weapon is holstered, you are will be stabbed. That why law enforcement tactic is to shoot anybody with a knife if they encroach upon the 21 foot radius. It called the Tueller drill.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            I suppose it is true that No American NEEDS to own an AR-15. This is also true of owning a Corvette.
            If you know a corvette owner, you'd know that banning these two things, would benefit us a lot.

Comment

"Here's 15 ways to kill a lot of people. Don't mind that they haven't been used any time in recent history. But trust me, they'd work. And, because they'd work, we shouldn't ban this other way that has been used in mass killings regularly over the last two decades."
              Since we're strolling down memory lane, here's another one..... 1959. Houston. Six sticks of dynamite, 6 people dead. I guess he could have killed more, but I doubt he could have bought the dynamite without arousing suspicion. Nowadays, most places require a federal permit to purchase explosives (I say most because there's always one or two exceptions).

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                I don't oppose gun regulations and restrictions, but I do know that thinking gun control will slow down terrorism is just silly.
                I agree 100%...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  If you know a corvette owner, you'd know that banning these two things, would benefit us a lot.
                  Draymond Green needs to visit you...
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    I never saw anyone in a Corvette kill 50 people at one time. I've seen people in sports cars excessively speeding and having accidents which killed a few people (and got the sports car driver indicted), I've seen drunks wipe out a car with 8 or 9 people in it, but I've never seen anyone kill 50 people in a car.

And quit hating on Corvettes. We also have Shelby Cobras, Ferraris, Lambos, HellCats and more. I currently own a Focus ST (4 cylinder with a 6 speed) that will go from 0-120 in about 30 seconds. It does 0-100 in about 14. The new Focus RS goes from 0-60 in less than 5 seconds and it's a 4 cylinder as well. It's not quite as quick as the Cobras, but it has a top speed of 165 and a quarter-mile time below 13 seconds (I'm guessing high 12's). These other cars mentioned here are very capable of a sub 12 second quarter at 130 mph.

One thing about these cars, though. Most of them are priced much too high for the average person to buy. Z28 Camaro - $75,000, Shelby Cobra - $65,000 (55k sticker plus 10k premium due to the popularity). The HellCat is about 70K. The Focus RS, for comparison, sells for 5K over sticker or about 50K.

Comment

nm

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                        The Focus RS, for comparison, sells for 5K over sticker or about 50K.
                        If someone is paying $50k for a Ford Focus, we can't be friends.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                          If someone is paying $50k for a Ford Focus, we can't be friends.
                          I would have bought this car, as it gets 20+ mpg in mixed driving. My biggest hold up is paying over sticker for a car. You might as well go to the nearest strip club and make some new female friends, as you're just wasting the extra money you're paying so you can get one without a wait (or with a limited wait).

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                            I never saw anyone in a Corvette kill 50 people at one time. I've seen people in sports cars excessively speeding and having accidents which killed a few people (and got the sports car driver indicted), I've seen drunks wipe out a car with 8 or 9 people in it, but I've never seen anyone kill 50 people in a car.
                            I'm so tired of hearing this talking point. As if killing 9 is ok. 50 is a no no. It's just a stupid point.

If nobody ever killed 50 people.....then someone killed 25, the same people would be screaming like stuck pigs that whatever weapon "caused" that many people to die must be banned.

It's not the gun people.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I'm so tired of hearing this talking point. As if killing 9 is ok. 50 is a no no. It's just a stupid point.

If nobody ever killed 50 people.....then someone killed 25, the same people would be screaming like stuck pigs that whatever weapon "caused" that many people to die must be banned.

It's not the gun people.
                              I don't follow. Is killing 9 better than, the same as, or worse than killing 50? A death is always tragic, but one incident includes 5x the amount of death. If we should have no concern for the AMOUNT of people that can be killed by a weapon, why shouldn't individuals have a right to fully automatic weapons, chemical weapons, or nuclear weapons under the Second Amendment?

Comment

I don't follow. Is killing 9 better than, the same as, or worse than killing 50? A death is always tragic, but one incident includes 5x the amount of death. If we should have no concern for the AMOUNT of people that can be killed by a weapon, why shouldn't individuals have a right to fully automatic weapons, chemical weapons, or nuclear weapons under the Second Amendment?
                                Maybe they should.

Comment

Working...
                                X