Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orlando

Death toll up to 50.

Shooting 50 people is terrorism, regardless of religion, but the name implies Islamic extremism.

However, it looks like this might have been just as much anti-gay as it was anti-US.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Another terrible tragedy. Thoughts and prayers for those affected.

Comment

The leader of Islam in Orlando (I forget the title) spoke at the press conference. I thought his comments were excellent, but yes, sounds like the shooter was Muslim.
        Last edited by pinstripers; June 12, 2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post

However, it looks like this might have been just as much anti-gay as it was anti-US.
          It all fits in the Muslim mold. It is praised on ISIS forums.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Unreal...

JV team...
            There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Shooting 50 people is terrorism, regardless of religion, but the name implies Islamic extremism.

ISIS 3 days before said florida would be attacked. He evidently called 911 and professed his support to ISIS. If he had a bomb vest like it was initially reported - then there was external support.

Islam is intolerant of homesexuality.

It will be interested if the guy in California who got arrested had any ties?

Comment

Omar Mateen, identified as the gunman who killed about 50 people and injured at least 53 at a popular gay nightclub in Orlando, pledged his support for ISIS and invoked the names of the Boston marathon bombers in 911 calls made amid his attack on the crowded venue, according to the FBI. Ronald Hopper, FBI assistant special agent in charge, in a news conference Sunday confirmed the shooter’s references to the terrorist network. Hopper also said the FBI is not pursuing a second suspect at this time.

Comment

Why is there so little discussion on this?
                  There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Latest news is that the Shooter might have been gay himself?

Strange, strange background on this shooter.

The gunman who attacked a Florida LGBT nightclub had attended the club before the attack and had used a gay dating and chat app, witnesses said.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                      Why is there so little discussion on this?
                      Because we have accepted this as the norm in this country.

Comment

Because we have accepted this as the norm in this country.
                        I disagree. I think that with this particular massacre, neither the talking points nor the narrative fits the agenda of either side of the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                          I disagree. I think that with this particular massacre, neither the talking points nor the narrative fits the agenda of either side of the debate.
                          Stop allowing investigated terrorists legal access to AR-15's. I'm not naiive, making them illegal would not solve the problem but, it would help in several ways....

1. Harder to find Assault Rifles

2. The price for a Black Market assault rifle would be stuuuuuuupid expensive. The average poor criminal would not be able to afford.

Comment

What is an assault rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              What is an assault rifle?
                              This is a simple definition (some would say too simple) but my stab at it would be a military weapon as compared to weapon intended for civilians.

Comment

Working...
                              X