Wichita Dining Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    Yeah, you can tell Dan's list comes from experiences long ago. Cinnamon's Deli is still a great soup and sandwich joint, but it's not hard at all to drop $25 on a meal for two, which is a ton of money in the context of a fast food-ish sandwich shop.
    Hence their shutdown on Maize Road.

I like the food, but daaaaamn it's up there.

EDIT: Just saw that you pretty much stated what I said a few posts later.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

A lot of these sandwich places have to be near the top in terms of margins. I know Subway is lower-end sandwich eating, but I finally had enough of that place after they just gouged the **** out of you for nothing more than a crappy sandwich. They sucked everybody in with their $5 footlong thing which finally succumbed to a $5 footlong of the month to now $5 for 6-inch snacks and $8 for full-on foot-longs. This is BEFORE chips and/or a drink. This isn't a fine NYC deli. This is SUBWAY. Absolutely outrageous. I noticed too that their bread got progressively worse in quality over the years. The Subway bread of 1995 is A LOT different than the Subway bread of 2016. End rant.

I'd kill for Sub n' Stuff to return back to glory.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        A lot of these sandwich places have to be near the top in terms of margins. I know Subway is lower-end sandwich eating, but I finally had enough of that place after they just gouged the **** out of you for nothing more than a crappy sandwich. They sucked everybody in with their $5 footlong thing which finally succumbed to a $5 footlong of the month to now $5 for 6-inch snacks and $8 for full-on foot-longs. This is BEFORE chips and/or a drink. This isn't a fine NYC deli. This is SUBWAY. Absolutely outrageous. I noticed too that their bread got progressively worse in quality over the years. The Subway bread of 1995 is A LOT different than the Subway bread of 2016. End rant.

I'd kill for Sub n' Stuff to return back to glory.
        I'm with you that Subway is expensive. What is the cheaper/same price alternative? It seems everything is more expensive than it should be.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Well there has been negligible inflation over the past eight years. Excluding food, fuel and shelter.
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
            I'm with you that Subway is expensive. What is the cheaper/same price alternative? It seems everything is more expensive than it should be.
            Well IMO Jimmy Johns has all but killed it in the Subway segment. Feel the ingredient quality there far surpasses Subway. A person would have to be insane today to buy into a Subway franchise.

Comment

Goodcents or Firehouse Subs are my go-to chain sub shops.

Comment

Just saw that Jimmy Johns is doing $1 sandwiches tomorrow.
                "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  Well IMO Jimmy Johns has all but killed it in the Subway segment. Feel the ingredient quality there far surpasses Subway. A person would have to be insane today to buy into a Subway franchise.
                  I like JJs, but only one sand which doesn't fill me up.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                    Goodcents or Firehouse Subs are my go-to chain sub shops.
                    Good cents is great, but they are expensive as well. Little experience with FH.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

For a hot sub Firehouse is good and or Planet Sub. Hopefully at some point we get a Jersey Mikes here.

Comment

In Houston I go for Firehouse or Jersey Mikes.

Comment

Sitting in a subway somewhere in Atlanta reading how bad subway is

Comment

Overpriced Subs are just another reason to get a burrito from Lina's or Rene's.
                            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                            -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                              Overpriced Subs are just another reason to get a burrito from Lina's or Rene's.
                              Oh Lina's. You've ruined me for lunch today now.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Classic!

The wife and I actually enjoy China Star Buffet; they have a couple of cute waitresses that I enjoy looking at; that’s always important to ole WstateU. Yep, I may be getting old, but I still like to check out the menu before placing an order. The wife always said, “you can check out the menu, but you better not be placing an order.” Huh?

妻子是搞笑

Oops, they may be referring to us…
                                lol I always enjoy scoping out the menu at China Star or any other place with some nice waitress eye candy too. Great minds think alike, which must explain why your posts on SN are my favorite!

Comment

Working...
                                X