No announcement yet.

Wichita Dining Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yokohama Ramen Joint opens up this Sunday in the Delano District. I had a chance to try it out tonight. It's soooo good. The first of it's kind in Wichita. You guys will love it.

I was going to start this article by saying "This isn't your momma's ramen" but then realized the average readers' mommas probably didn't make ramen for you
    ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
    www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Favorite Cheap eats when I was in college:

Connie's mexican, Artichoke, Cedar, Japan Express, Ah So, Sho Nuff BBQ, Sub N Stuff, Taco Shop, Cinnamon's Deli

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
        Favorite Cheap eats when I was in college:

Connie's mexican, Artichoke, Cedar, Japan Express, Ah So, Sho Nuff BBQ, Sub N Stuff, Taco Shop, Cinnamon's Deli
        How is Connie's cheap?

Isn't a 2 taco dinner like $10 bucks?
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
          How is Connie's cheap?

Don't remember, haven't been there in 20 years

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            How is Connie's cheap?

Yeah, you can tell Dan's list comes from experiences long ago. Cinnamon's Deli is still a great soup and sandwich joint, but it's not hard at all to drop $25 on a meal for two, which is a ton of money in the context of a fast food-ish sandwich shop.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
              Yeah, you can tell Dan's list comes from experiences long ago. Cinnamon's Deli is still a great soup and sandwich joint, but it's not hard at all to drop $25 on a meal for two, which is a ton of money in the context of a fast food-ish sandwich shop.
              Boy, I hear you there. Even with the new mini version of sandwiches, a sandwich, side, and drink will run about $10. Should be about $7 for that combo.
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Yep. They have tasty food, but I don't go any more. I can get a crappy steak dinner for about the same price as a good sandwich dinner. Not worth it.

Comment

Bella Luna, Mediterranean Grill, My Tho, Poblanos are my favorites...But China Star Buffet will always have my favorite commercials.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                    Yep. They have tasty food, but I don't go any more. I can get a crappy steak dinner for about the same price as a good sandwich dinner. Not worth it.
                    Same here. Wife and I used to love it, but they crossed a price threshold a few years ago where I start thinking about options on the lower end of the full service restaurant segment. Haven't been in years now. Used to go... I'd say... once a month.

I think they are suffering a slow death, and the price increases are just necessary to keep the doors open with declining patronage. The one on North Maize already went out of business.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      Same here. Wife and I used to love it, but they crossed a price threshold a few years ago where I start thinking about options on the lower end of the full service restaurant segment. Haven't been in years now. Used to go... I'd say... once a month.

I think they are suffering a slow death, and the price increases are just necessary to keep the doors open with declining patronage. The one on North Maize already went out of business.
                      Agree, wife and I love it during the winter, but can't justify the cost. Panera is the same way. I can drop $10 there for lunch and I'm still hungry.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
                        Agree, wife and I love it during the winter, but can't justify the cost. Panera is the same way. I can drop $10 there for lunch and I'm still hungry.
                        All of the uppity soup and sandwich shops have jumped the shark on pricing, be they local or national.

Panera turns me off just with their most recent ad campaign. WTF is "clean" food, or a "clean pairing" supposed to mean? Is it some sort of code language for the foodie goons? I make the wild assumption that everything I eat is "clean", but what do I know.

Comment

All of the uppity soup and sandwich shops have jumped the shark on pricing, be they local or national.

Panera turns me off just with their most recent ad campaign. WTF is "clean" food, or a "clean pairing" supposed to mean? Is it some sort of code language for the foodie goons? I make the wild assumption that everything I eat is "clean", but what do I know.
                          "Clean" means we are going to clean out your wallet. About the only thing I go to Panera for is to work in quiet, get about 10 refills of soda or coffee, and have a danish or cookie while using the wifi.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                            "Clean" means we are going to clean out your wallet. About the only thing I go to Panera for is to work in quiet, get about 10 refills of soda or coffee, and have a danish or cookie while using the wifi.
                            We used to do breakfasts at Panera, but Great Harvest has become our go-to spot. (Unless my son is with us, then he insists on Jimmy's Egg. He can crush a plate of pancakes.)

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                              China Star Buffet will always have my favorite commercials.

https://youtu.be/VIbBfc6-zRM
                              Classic!

The wife and I actually enjoy China Star Buffet; they have a couple of cute waitresses that I enjoy looking at; that’s always important to ole WstateU. Yep, I may be getting old, but I still like to check out the menu before placing an order. The wife always said, “you can check out the menu, but you better not be placing an order.” Huh?

妻子是搞笑

Oops, they may be referring to us…
                              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                                Classic!

Oops, they may be referring to us…

Comment

Working...
                                X