Wichita Dining Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wichita Dining Suggestions

Thought we ought to share our favorite drinking/dining establishments once in awhile. Two of my favorites are The Hill, and The Anchor, but as of lunch yesterday, Public at the Brickyard now tops the list. Anyone else?

Wichita Brewing Company, Mexico Viejo, Los Cocos. Agree on Public

Comment

Spangles. It just tastes better.

Comment

If you want a burger go to TJ's.

Sorry to disagree but Spangles is just horrible.

Comment

Originally posted by shocktheheart View Post
          Wichita Brewing Company, Mexico Viejo, Los Cocos. Agree on Public
          The Cuban sandwich at Public might be the single most delicious thing served in Wichita.

Comment

I can't argue that @Eric:, never had it, but the club sandwich with duck bacon at Monarch was outstanding last Friday. My wife had the Cuban and praised it. They also have the widest bourbon selection I have seen in Kansas . I had a pour of Michter small batch and Hirsch single barrel that I haven't been able to find in the stores around here. The down side was that we were seated next to the sidewalk and Douglas was very noisy with all of the motorcycle traffic.
            One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

One of my favorite burgers in town is at YoB downtown. I don't remember what it is called, but it's the one with the egg on it. They don't serve alcohol there, but it's a good place to take the kid once in a while, as the have a wall full of frozen yogurt choices.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Red Rock is easily my favorite single restaurant. Has been since they opened fifteen or twenty years ago.

Question is more complicated if you start asking about best place in town for a single given menu item (burger, ribs, steak, etc).

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                  I can't argue that @Eric:, never had it, but the club sandwich with duck bacon at Monarch was outstanding last Friday. My wife had the Cuban and praised it. They also have the widest bourbon selection I have seen in Kansas . I had a pour of Michter small batch and Hirsch single barrel that I haven't been able to find in the stores around here. The down side was that we were seated next to the sidewalk and Douglas was very noisy with all of the motorcycle traffic.
                  Now you're making me want to buy some bourbon

Comment

It's always a good day to buy bourbon. I have 10 unopened bottles on my shelf right now. I read a list of 10 bourbons that you need to try before you die and I have 7 of them on the shelf including the Pappy Van Winkle. I keep a log of what I have tried and what my impressions were. There are 50some entries. I think I have problem except that so many of the bottles are unopened. There will be a great selection at my wake.
                    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
                      Spangles. It just tastes better.
                      Shpanglesh
                      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                        It's always a good day to buy bourbon. I have 10 unopened bottles on my shelf right now. I read a list of 10 bourbons that you need to try before you die and I have 7 of them on the shelf including the Pappy Van Winkle. I keep a log of what I have tried and what my impressions were. There are 50some entries. I think I have problem except that so many of the bottles are unopened. There will be a great selection at my wake.
                        Damn right. Ill bring the coors, and some coke.

Edit: Which club would have the pleasure of hosting that?
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

And to contribute to the discussion, i am rather fond of River City. Good brews most of the time.

Comment

Fast-food: Barn'rds (even though it is better and healthier than a typical fast food spot)
                            Casual sit-down: Spears or Stroud's
                            High-end sit-down: Scotch and Sirloin (weekend brunch buffet is solid)
                            78-65

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                              Damn right. Ill bring the coors, and some coke.

Edit: Which club would have the pleasure of hosting that?
                              Marion CC

Comment

Working...
                              X