Wichita Dining Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
    It's always a good day to buy bourbon. I have 10 unopened bottles on my shelf right now. I read a list of 10 bourbons that you need to try before you die and I have 7 of them on the shelf including the Pappy Van Winkle. I keep a log of what I have tried and what my impressions were. There are 50some entries. I think I have problem except that so many of the bottles are unopened. There will be a great selection at my wake.
    I'm sorta the same way. I always have way more bourbon than I drink. What are your favorite everyday bourbons and then your favorite sippers?

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
      I'm sorta the same way. I always have way more bourbon than I drink. What are your favorite everyday bourbons and then your favorite sippers?
      You have no idea what you have started.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Everyday is Weller's or Evan Williams. Tasty for low price. Best sipper is Blanton's or Weller 12. I like sweeter rather than peppery. Lots of good ones out there but I have to travel to get them. Pappy 23 is awesome but just crazy what they want for it.
        One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

4 roses small batch is also a great value and part of my usual rotation.
          One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

I'm 4 Roses small batch or Blanton's for my regular go-to. If I'm buying a big bottle or making mixers I go for the Buffalo Trace. Not sure who's tried Garrison Brothers from texas, but it's excellent and priced around $80 for a 750 mL

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
              The Cuban sandwich at Public might be the single most delicious thing served in Wichita.
              How do they do theirs?
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                How do they do theirs?
                (bottom to top) ciabatta bread, a healthy spread of a spicy aioli, pork tenderloin slices, a healthy piece of pastrami, and swiss cheese. Bread and butter pickles on the side.

Comment

Mikes wine dive is really good for something less traditional.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

Burgers: Dempseys
                    Chinese: Bai Wei
                    Indian: Passage To India
                    Thai: Thai Tradition
                    Mediterranean: Le Monde or Mediterranean Grill
                    BBQ: Pig In Pig Out (I haven't been to LC's yet, but it's on my 'go-to' list)

Comment

So many good options to name. I could go on forever by genre. I'll have to type up a quick list in a bit.
                      ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                      www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by shocker43 View Post
                        Mediterranean: Le Monde or Mediterranean Grill
                        Bella Luna, Adrian's, Maurice's Café, N&J Café, Meddy's also. Been to them all.

IIRC, Harrison Ford and John Denver would hit N&J's when they would come to town for work on their Lear Jets.

Comment

Angelo's
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Taste And See. Good food and good drinks.
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
                              It's always a good day to buy bourbon. I have 10 unopened bottles on my shelf right now. I read a list of 10 bourbons that you need to try before you die and I have 7 of them on the shelf including the Pappy Van Winkle. I keep a log of what I have tried and what my impressions were. There are 50some entries. I think I have problem except that so many of the bottles are unopened. There will be a great selection at my wake.
                              If you ever pop open that Pappy, let me know! Ha
                              The Assman

Comment

^^^^
                                It's being held until the next WSU Final Four. I'll gladly share some.

Comment

Working...
                                X