No announcement yet.

Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I did buy a men's national team kit, but not the US.

I have an ancestral connection to Wales and absolutely love the Dragon.

Sucks that I won't be able to watch the USA v Wales match live.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• The blues SUCK. I could take a blue t-shirt and use it as a rag while changing my car oil and come out with something similar.

The whites are fine.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I actually don't mind the new kits. Not really gonna blow you away and they are understated but I honestly don't mind that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
          The blues SUCK. I could take a blue t-shirt and use it as a rag while changing my car oil and come out with something similar.

The whites are fine.
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• After some more reflection, I think the white kits look okay. I just don't like the blues, and the centered crest and numbers look bad in general.

I actually liked the ones that were used in summer 2021, but I know that Nike has to sell jerseys and they have to approve designs WAY ahead of time. Still, they could have come up with something much better than this.

I might buy a Netherlands shirt.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Needless to say, the new jerseys are not off to a good start. Lost to Japan 2-0 and Japan looked the better side for pretty much the entire game.

The US was missing four key outfield players for the game.

Pulisic
              Robinson
              Musah
              Weah

That plays a role, but the US was not good at all today. I do think having the above players would result in substantial improvement, but if any of them go down during the WC, we could be in big trouble.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                I have an ancestral connection to Wales
                Everyone else must be a much better person than me…

Your mom isn’t considered an “ancestor”.

Sorry but I couldn’t pass up a high quality yo momma joke.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• If you thought the controversy over the US kits were bad...

Eagle - Morocco fumes over Adidas design of Algerian soccer jersey

The Moroccan government called on sports apparel company Adidas to pull off the market its new jersey collection for Algeria’s national soccer team, alleging that the featured mosaic pattern amounted to “cultural appropriation” of Moroccan heritage.

Morocco’s Ministry of Youth, Culture and Communication said in a statement that the design on the jerseys of the rival North African team depicts a traditional mosaic of colored earthenware tiles, known in Morocco as zellige.

“It’s cultural appropriation, an attempted robbery of a form of traditional Moroccan cultural heritage,” the statement said.

A lawyer for the Moroccan government, Mourad Elajouti told the AP he was instructed by the culture ministry to send “a legal warning” to Adidas. In an email to Adidas executives, Elajouti demanded that the German company remove the collection within two weeks or release a statement “to identify the zellige art of Morocco as an inspiration” for the design of the Algerian team’s jerseys.

Adidas unveiled the new design last week, saying on its Middle East and North Africa Instagram account that the “Algeria culture wear collection” was inspired by the “architectural design of the iconic El Mechouar Palace” in the northern Algerian city of Tlemcen.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    If you thought the controversy over the US kits were bad...

Eagle - Morocco fumes over Adidas design of Algerian soccer jersey

That's a big word salad to say "Our unis suck".

Comment

• Absolutely brilliant opening 45 minutes this morning between Arsenal v Spurs. Incredibly high quality futbol.

Comment

• If Morocco really wanted to get back at Algeria, they would demand Adidas include "you could not write a script like this" on Algeria's uniforms.

Comment

• USWNT vs England is great match so far!
                          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• USMNT roster drops at 4 PM CT on ESPN today.

Lots of questions on the margins.

CF - Will Jordan Pefok make the squad? I personally prefer him over Pepi.

Midfielders - McKennie, Musah, Adams, Acosta are all locks. De La Torre tore his hamstring a week or two ago, opening the door for players like Arriola.

Back line - Rumblings that Tim Ream will make the squad...he is in good form with Fulham and partners with Antonee (Jedi) Robinson on the left side.

Keepers - it leaked yesterday that Steffen is NOT in the World Cup squad, which is surprising. So that leaves Matt Turner (likely starting), Ethan Horvath, and Sean Johnson.

Comment

• "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Some big surprises:

No Paul Nipple

Christian Roldan and Jordan Morris made the roster

Shaq Moore made the roster

Jordan Pefok AND Ricardo Pepi were left off

Comment

Working...
                                X