No announcement yet.

Soccer: General Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great opening weekend in the EPL. Even better, Chesea drops points at home :D
    The Assman

Comment

Oh, and the UEFA Super Cup game had been incredible!!
      The Assman

Comment

Messi is on another planet. It's not even close anymore. Those two free kicks were things of beauty.

And yes, Everton couldn't manage to get 3 points at home versus Watford (and almost lost outright). Sigh.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Tim Ream, formerly of Bolton, joins Fulhamerica. Nice.

Comment

I saw Wigan Athletic, winners of the 2014 FA Cup I think, have fallen all the way to League 1. I love that about soccer. Coventry City and Sheffield U are also League One teams. Tony Currie must be sick.

Huddersfield Town is almost back to their rightful thrown of 1908. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              I saw Wigan Athletic, winners of the 2014 FA Cup I think, have fallen all the way to League 1. I love that about soccer. Coventry City and Sheffield U are also League One teams. Tony Currie must be sick.

Huddersfield Town is almost back to their rightful thrown of 1908. Good times.
              As a more recent soccer fan, it's weird when I look at past seasons in the top flight (I'm talking pre-2000s and beyond here) and see some of the teams you mentioned, along with Leeds United, Ipswich Town, and Sheffield Wednesday up at the top of the table. Crazy. Now, there are only around three or four teams with a realistic shot at the title and they all have crazy money.

Comment

Illinois State's mens soccer coach is Eric Golz.

Comment

Well, the USMNT looked straight up terrible last night. Annoying to hear JK talk about "we don't have the talent" when he puts players (like Bedoya last night) out of position and doesn't seem to be able to manage his way out of a wet paper bag.

If you could replace JK as head coach (not as technical director), who would you start with? It would never happen, but I wouldn't be opposed to bringing in Bradley or Arena. Play some pragmatic ball for a while since we don't have the technical ability and overall talent, then wait for some talent to develop in the youth ranks.

Comment

We straight up sucked last night. With Dempsey injured and Besler out, we were VERY exposed. It would have been like asking Coach Marshall to play against Kentucky last season but without FVV and Cotton -- that's how important Dempsey and Besler are in the middle. I don't know what you can do in that situation, other than try to grow more talent -- and you just don't do that against Brazil. Tough situation.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Bahahahaha!!! NSFW (cussing)

Comment

I'm really enjoying watching Leicester's run to the top of the Premiere League. It's great to see one of the non-power 5-6 be in the mix, imho.

And watch out for Accrington Stanley to make a late season push up the table in League 2 and join Northampton Town and Plymouth Argyle in promotion.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                          I'm really enjoying watching Leicester's run to the top of the Premiere League. It's great to see one of the non-power 5-6 be in the mix, imho.

And watch out for Accrington Stanley to make a late season push up the table in League 2 and join Northampton Town and Plymouth Argyle in promotion.
                          League 2?! I'm impressed! But you have too much time on your hands.

Comment

Count me as one enjoying Leicester as well. Sick of one of Man U, Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, or Arsenal being at the top all of the time.

Could definitely see Accrington Stanley making a play for promotion. Have only played 26 matches and are three points out of fourth.

Comment

In other news, Sporting KC unveiled these new beauties on Sunday:

Could not have done a better job. These look phenomenal, and I will likely be buying one.

I'm excited to see how the addition of Brad Davis helps SKC. Feel really confident with him coming in on the left wing. I know Benny being in the USMNT player pool is a tired subject, but it still annoys me that Klinsmann won't give him a shot. He's been phenomenal for SKC the last couple of years.

Also interested to see the potential of Dwyer in the player pool. Not saying it would definitely work out, but since he isn't capped for England and is now married to Sidney Leroux, there's the potential that he could be eligible well before 2018 begins. Not sure of the rules now that he has married a US citizen and how that interacts with FIFA rules, but I'd certainly be excited if JK called him in.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                In other news, Sporting KC unveiled these new beauties on Sunday:

Could not have done a better job. These look phenomenal, and I will likely be buying one.
                                Yeah sweet! They always have great UNI's.

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                                Also interested to see the potential of Dwyer in the player pool. Not saying it would definitely work out, but since he isn't capped for England and is now married to Sidney Leroux, there's the potential that he could be eligible well before 2018 begins. Not sure of the rules now that he has married a US citizen and how that interacts with FIFA rules, but I'd certainly be excited if JK called him in.
                                Gotta have a grandparent or parent born here, or live here for 5 years after being 18 years old.

Comment

Working...
                                X