No announcement yet.

CHIEFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Honestly on the offensive side of the ball what's left? A guard maybe? But if Ehinger is back next year maybe not. With Maclin, Hill and Conley they finally have good WR's. Two good tackles, depth at TE, maybe a RB but its really hard to look at the offense and identify what else needs to improve besides QB play!

Comment

I'd like to see the O line be more physical when it comes to the run game. That's a large part of why it was a struggle to run on 3rd and short this year. It is a young line though so its not unreasonable to expect improvement in that area. Other than that and the under achivement at QB I like the offense.

Its time to start preparing to replace Smith. Draft a QB and let him learn. Something similar to what Green Bay did with drafting Aaron Rodgers and having him study under Favre.
      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

The Chiefs need a fullback. A good, young defensive back converted to fullback. With two good knees.
        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
          That was an egregious hold. And right in front of the white hat too. It stinks, but if it was ignored because "holding happens on every play" as my uncle says then it would really look bad for the integrity of the National Football League.
          This comment has little relationship to that specific holding call but I saw Houston get held (4 at least and probably 3 more) against Denver exactly like that hold except he wasn't shorter, but he beat the ROT around the corner and was pulled by the OTs right arm, hand every time right in front of the white hat whose main job is to see holding. I thought maybe they had new standards for holding but every once in a while they still call it.

It used to be that they were supposed to keep their hands within the framework of the DLmen but no longer. That's the equivalent of how the NBA calls traveling. It's so frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
            I'd like to see the O line be more physical when it comes to the run game. That's a large part of why it was a struggle to run on 3rd and short this year. It is a young line though so its not unreasonable to expect improvement in that area. Other than that and the under achivement at QB I like the offense.

Its time to start preparing to replace Smith. Draft a QB and let him learn. Something similar to what Green Bay did with drafting Aaron Rodgers and having him study under Favre.
            OL is young. They have allowed a Hudson and Jeff Allen go because of cap signing concerns who were both physical, good players. Tardiff is very agile and has potential, Morse is good for a 2 year player but needs to improve, and the LOT (#1draft choice) needs to get stronger. It's an ok OL but needs time to get where they want. Fulton was a proven back up and Schwartz didn't have the kind of year they hoped when they gave him all that money.

Comment

I'm a Chiefs fan all the way, and yes, it was a hold. Should it have been called? That's up for debate. That holding call didn't cost the Chiefs the game though. Not saying he is all to blame, but I'm putting some of that loss on Travis Kelce. The guy is a loose cannon, and it showed at several times this season. First, he drops an easy catch that would have put KC in great position to score. Then, he has a 15 yard unsportsmanlike contact penalty that also hurt KC's momentum. So, 2 drives in which Kelce screwed up and hurt the Chiefs.

Personally, I'd like to see the guy out of KC just as fast as possible. I know there aren't a lot of quality TE's in the league anymore, but surely we can find one that is better and classier than Kelce. It seems most of my buddies that are Chiefs fans agree with me, that Kelce is becoming a cancer to the team. However, it was still a good season by KC standards, but not as good as it could have been.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas View Post
                I'm a Chiefs fan all the way, and yes, it was a hold. Should it have been called? That's up for debate. That holding call didn't cost the Chiefs the game though. Not saying he is all to blame, but I'm putting some of that loss on Travis Kelce. The guy is a loose cannon, and it showed at several times this season. First, he drops an easy catch that would have put KC in great position to score. Then, he has a 15 yard unsportsmanlike contact penalty that also hurt KC's momentum. So, 2 drives in which Kelce screwed up and hurt the Chiefs.

Personally, I'd like to see the guy out of KC just as fast as possible. I know there aren't a lot of quality TE's in the league anymore, but surely we can find one that is better and classier than Kelce. It seems most of my buddies that are Chiefs fans agree with me, that Kelce is becoming a cancer to the team. However, it was still a good season by KC standards, but not as good as it could have been.
                Kelce is incredibly talented. The only TE in the league that I would put in the same category in terms of ability is Gronkowski.

That being said, I would not mind Kelce being traded at all, the guy is a tool and he has both hurt and helped the team. We don't even need to get a TE in return for him as Harris has quietly emerged as a solid option at the position.

The issue is this. Can the Chiefs get a good enough return for him or will his antics put a damper on his trade market?
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                  Kelce is incredibly talented. The only TE in the league that I would put in the same category in terms of ability is Gronkowski.

That being said, I would not mind Kelce being traded at all, the guy is a tool and he has both hurt and helped the team. We don't even need to get a TE in return for him as Harris has quietly emerged as a solid option at the position.

The issue is this. Can the Chiefs get a good enough return for him or will his antics put a damper on his trade market?
                  For todays crop of TE's I agree, I think he's probably 2nd in talent, only behind Gronk, who is quickly approaching legend status. However, while Gronk will probably get there, I just don't see that Kelce will ever get to the level of a former KC great, Tony G (I'm incredibly biased here as I think Tony G is the best TE to ever play the game, and Antonio Gates is right below him).

This is the first year I've really noticed any crazy antics from Kelce. I realize some will try to justify them, but there is no justification for losing your cool. Yes he's gotten the short end of the stick on his fair share of calls, but man up, get on with it and play the game.

I don't think his trade market has gone downhill yet, I bet the Chiefs could get something solid in return for him. But I think we all know he's not going anywhere, and as Chiefs fans, we have to put up with his 12 year old antics for years to come probably.

Comment

Originally posted by LuskingforGuttin View Post
                    That was an egregious hold. And right in front of the white hat too. It stinks, but if it was ignored because "holding happens on every play" as my uncle says then it would really look bad for the integrity of the National Football League.

Such a frustrating loss. I really, really was feeling good about this team. Felt like they were the most complete team in the NFL. I hate that we go into another offseason still unsure about Alex Smith being the guy. I'm not Mel Kiper but I don't see a difference-maker at QB in this upcoming draft that the Chiefs can trade up to get.
                    tony romo might be available.

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      tony romo might be available.
                      Trade Kelce for Romo

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        Trade Kelce for Romo
                        Nah, Romo is the most injury prone QB I can think of. 2 or 3 games behind our O line and he'd be on the IR.

Comment

Trade Kelce to NE for Garripolo and Amandola.
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

No more SF or NE rejects!!!

Comment

Working...
                            X