No announcement yet.

CHIEFS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I disagree, ball was coming out as the "hold" occurred and he was not near Smith. The defender slipped and went down, making it look worse than it was. Hali and Houston are routinely collared from beside and behind with no calls, so based on that I'll say yes it was a cheap call.

Comment

Easy call. A no-doubter.

Comment

As Shocker fans, we all know officials regularly miss calls. We just hope that they don't make any up. In this case, they didn't make anything up.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Not even saying that cost them the game, they had plenty of opportunity from the first TD drive to the last when the offense did nothing. Special teams didn't block and the D couldn't hold em on third down. Still when it came down to it would have liked to see the ref's not make a questionable call, rather let play it out on the field. Pitt probably would have gone down for another FG to win but it would have been easier to take.

I don't think anyone is saying by the letter of the law it wasn't holding. Fisher was pushing him upfield, the defender slipped and went down. Just in Chiefs games I've seen much worse not called multiple times a game. Sometimes when Hali or Houston are reaching out for the QB and get tackled so it directly affected the outcome of the game. I can only suspect that takes place league wide, which is why it makes that call at that time sting.

Comment

If Tomlin could coach, it would not have been close, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
              I am a Chiefs fan, life long, and I am not surprised that it was called.
              Pretty much. Sure, it was "holding". Is that called if it's Brady or Manning throwing the pass? The answer is no.

Having a star QB gets you calls in the league. Since the Chiefs have never had that, it makes sense that they've never been one to get those calls.

Comment

I thought Pitt outcoached KC so I'm not sure what you took exception to? They seemed well prepared for anything KC threw at them and always had the right guys in the right place. Things like chipping Kelce if he wasn't looking and changing coverages all seemed to catch KC off guard. And TV mentioned them using full time starters on ST, don't know if that's true but KC wasn't able to block them at all to give Hill a chance. I would have given the coaching edge to Pitt easily.

Comment

2nd and 2 on the 6 and throw 2 incompletes then kick. 1st and goal at the 4 and throw an INT. This with the best back in football having a record setting day.

Comment

Was it a hold? By the letter of the law, yes. Should it have been called? No, since they had been letting it go all game. Harrison slipped, making it look worse than it was. The steelers had been holding like that all game. So had the chiefs. If the refs are going to nit pick, they need to do it all game, not just the end of the game.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by jazztrane View Post
                      Hali and Houston are routinely collared from beside and behind with no calls, so based on that I'll say yes it was a cheap call.
                      I even saw several times a blocker had both hands wrapped around the defenders back (hugging them) during this game. There is no rhyme or reason to when referees call holding anymore. Some of you only watch the ball during the game and miss all of the holding until they run it on slow motion replay. This hold was minor to a lot of what was going on. My only contention is that why did they call it only on this play when it was happening almost every play.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        I even saw several times a blocker had both hands wrapped around the defenders back (hugging them) during this game. There is no rhyme or reason to when referees call holding anymore. Some of you only watch the ball during the game and miss all of the holding until they run it on slow motion replay. This hold was minor to a lot of what was going on. My only contention is that why did they call it only on this play when it was happening almost every play.
                        Because.
                        There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                          Was it a hold? By the letter of the law, yes. Should it have been called? No, since they had been letting it go all game. Harrison slipped, making it look worse than it was. The steelers had been holding like that all game. So had the chiefs. If the refs are going to nit pick, they need to do it all game, not just the end of the game.
                          That was an egregious hold. And right in front of the white hat too. It stinks, but if it was ignored because "holding happens on every play" as my uncle says then it would really look bad for the integrity of the National Football League.

Such a frustrating loss. I really, really was feeling good about this team. Felt like they were the most complete team in the NFL. I hate that we go into another offseason still unsure about Alex Smith being the guy. I'm not Mel Kiper but I don't see a difference-maker at QB in this upcoming draft that the Chiefs can trade up to get.

Comment

I'd like to see the Chiefs draft a QB this year. We don't need somebody to start right away though. Give whoever it is a year or two to learn the system and learn how to play the pro game. Hopefully by that time he will be ready to take over.
                            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

This is just painful to watch:

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                                I'd like to see the Chiefs draft a QB this year. We don't need somebody to start right away though. Give whoever it is a year or two to learn the system and learn how to play the pro game. Hopefully by that time he will be ready to take over.
                                Come on, silly! Chiefs don't draft quarterbacks, not since Todd Blackledge.

Chiefs drafted him above Marino and Kelly, after that, they decided to just skip quarterbacks altogether.
                                There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Working...
                                X