2015 MLB Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
    What a great start to the season for KC.

This could be another great year for baseball.
    Said it before, and I will say it again. The Royals are a really nice little story. They are pretty good for a "mid-major" team. :-)
    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
      JFC! Who are these TV guys for the Royals? I swear I am listening to Bill Walton.
      I like Hudler. He makes the games interesting with all of his verbal faux pas, and general mangling of the English language.

No offense to Fred White and Denny Matthews. I knowthey are/were KC icons, but listening to them is like listening to grass grow.

Ryan LeFevre and Bob Davis are okay though.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Dyson looked to have given up on a ball in RF.

Ended up costing the team a run.
        The Assman

Comment

This whole Royals/A's fued is pissing me off.

It all started with Lowrie's dirty slide (don't care wait anyone says). The Royals retaliated the next day. Done.

However, the A's decided to keep things going in game 3 (with Kazmir hitting Cain low) only to get a warning, yet when the Royals respond, Herrera gets ejected.

What is BS is the fact that Oakland got away with every action, and the Royals all a got the hook. That is some bush league umpiring.
          Last edited by Shock Top; April 19, 2015, 04:15 PM.
          The Assman

Comment

It all started with Lowrie's dirty slide (don't care wait anyone says). The Royals retaliated the next day. Done.

However, the A's decided to keep things going in game 3 (with Kazmir hitting Cain low) only to get a warning, yet when the Royals respond, Herrera gets ejected.

What is BS is the fact that Oakland got away with every action, and the Royals all a got the hook. That is some bush league umpiring.

I know the A's don't like that Herrera "pointed at the head" of Lowrie, but that could have all be avoided if Kazmir didn't hit Cain.

The whole ordeal could have been avoided without Lowrie's slide. He could have seriously hurt Escobar.
            The Assman

Comment

I know the A's don't like that Herrera "pointed at the head" of Lowrie, but that could have all be avoided if Kazmir didn't hit Cain.

The whole ordeal could have been avoided without Lowrie's slide. He could have seriously hurt Escobar.
              It all a matter of timing......it kind of exciting to have this drama and excitement with the Royals. Cain said he thought it was over, but it must not be and we will have to wait and see what happens the next time both teams play. Should make for some MUST-WATCH TV.

Comment

It's the start of the season that has sent the Royals into short fuse mode. Until they show that they are willing to throw down, teams will keep pitching them inside and hitting them. I think the message was sent

Comment

Love it. Keep that "Us Aginst the World" feeling going. It's powerful.

I wasn't alive, but it kind of make me think of the 1986 Mets; sans the off-the-field stuff.

The way they all get along makes me think of "The Idiots" Boston Red Sox of 2004.

What do both of those teams have in common? ;)
                  Last edited by Shock Top; April 19, 2015, 04:47 PM.
                  The Assman

Comment

Also:

Kendrys Morales > Billy Butler.

Billy was a great guy, but not a great hitter.
                    The Assman

Comment

Another game, another Paulo Orlando triple.

That's freaking five already.
                      The Assman

Comment

Also:

Kendrys Morales > Billy Butler.

Billy was a great guy, but not a great hitter.
                        Butler was a great hitter, back when he could recognize a slider and hit a ball over the fence more than twice a month.

Comment

Another game, another Paulo Orlando triple.

That's freaking five already.
                          Another weird stat: 10-3, but a game out of first. Fricking Tiggers.

Comment

Lawrie is a punk, plain and simple. I don't care if his sister used to be and maybe still is a very good softball pitcher (and quite easy on the eyes too). I'd have no problem telling her what I think about her punk brother. Reddick is a punk too. Lawrie should have been ejected for that slide. While I agree that Jim Joyce was right in ejecting Ventura Saturday night, I don't know exactly who had all the ejections Sunday. The concensus I get from other umpires is that neither Yost nor Eiland deserved to be ejected. Herrera definitely did, and he'll probably get suspended, Escobar, I don't know, but I don't blame him. I like Jim Joyce as an umpire, I think it's sickening that he and his family are still getting death threats because of the Perfect Game snafu, but he was out of line yesterday, as was Greg Gibson

Comment

Lawrie completely lost all credibility when he said "Escober was on top of the bag". I guess in his mind, every first baseman on every play must also be on top of the bag, making them fair game for him to run into.

Comment

More MLB BS at work. Just saw the news article on Kansas.com. Herrera suspended 5 games, Ventura fined, no punishment for Lawrie. That is a crock of crap and as soon as I find an email address for somebody in the MLB office, I'm going to email them and let them know what I think about that. The guy that started it gets nothing, even though he injured Escobar? Absolutely ridiculous. I knew Herrera was going to get suspended, but 5 games? Really? I hope he appeals and it gets cut down to 3. I'm just at a loss how Lawrie doesn't get at least a fine, and I'm still at a loss of how some Lawrie defenders can saw that was a legal and clean slide. What??

Comment

Working...
                                X