No announcement yet.

2015 MLB Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wade didn't seem to want to throw a strike to Aybar (lefty). Never seen him be that tentative before. The righties had NO chance.
    One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
      I can't believe all iotyer games have finished, and this Red Sox/Yankees game is still going on..

I've been watching/listening to this game for 6 1/2 hours now..
      West coast swing will keep me up all weekend. Can both NY and Bos lose?
      One quick note before we present the rankings: With Wichita State’s move to the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers have moved out of the mid-major club. We wish the Shockers well against Cincinnati, UConn, SMU, and more.

Comment

Longest game (time wise) in Red Sox history.

Red Sox up 6-5 in the 19th. Third time they have lead in extra innings this game.
        The Assman

Comment

Go to bed !!

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxthemonkey View Post
            Go to bed !!
            Ha! The Sox finally pulled it out. Came back on a short turn around to win again this afternoon.
            The Assman

Comment

Two more homers tonight by KC (Moose - the most hated man in Anaheim, and Salvy). It took them 19 games to hit eight home runs last season.

This is fun.

Comment

Royals still undefeated.

Comment

When Yost said they "had today" - he sure meant it. With the Shockers sucking, at least the Royals are taking the edge of that and are possibly making this a fun summer while we wait for Shocker Basketball to start again.

Comment

I haven't completely discounted the idea that KC hitters are all just hot right now and a major cool-down is on the horizon. Obviously they aren't going to keep hitting this well, but if we get step-forward or bounce-back seasons from these guys, it's going to be a fun summer.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I haven't completely discounted the idea that KC hitters are all just hot right now and a major cool-down is on the horizon. Obviously they aren't going to keep hitting this well, but if we get step-forward or bounce-back seasons from these guys, it's going to be a fun summer.
                      It's all about how they handle it when they go into their slumps. They have matured enough I think that the downturns will not be as long. The chances that all of the Royals go into a slump at the same time is not likely. Additionally, they have confidence in other parts of their game (defense, small ball, etc.) and will still win games when they aren't as hot. Detroit won't continue to hit this well either and Miggy won't continue to hit 700+. In the past the Royals dug a huge hole and then had to fight back. This year, they won't have to do that.

Comment

You're probably right. It's tough to shake 20 years of conditioning.

Comment

Moose continues to go opposite field. Other Royals seem to be having longer quality at bats than last year. Off season pickups while still early look promising to say the least.

The bats may cool off but the improvements and approach at the plate should be sustainable

Comment

Looks like the Royals should hold off the Twins today and FINALLY move into 1st place at 7-0, after Detroit (the only other 6-0 team in the MLB), drops to 6-1/

Talk about a little bad luck. Have a great 7-0 start, but they don't even get much of a cushion off that.
                            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              You're probably right. It's tough to shake 20 years of conditioning.
                              Those thoughts creep into all of our minds.

Comment

Originally posted by TheYeti
                                JFC! Who are these TV guys for the Royals? I swear I am listening to Bill Walton.
                                This is the one them; Rex Hudler. Hopefully, he's a good cook?

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X