Sling TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
    In regards to how does it affect local TV broadcasts, I'd imagine it would be a net positive. More theoretical viewers = more advertisers = more revenue, a contract for syndication with ESPN = more revenue. I think it's an overall positive for the local broadcasters.
    Is this still happening that was mentioned a year ago.

Comment

Anyone have problems watching the final four last night on Sling TV? Welp, we're not the only ones.

http://www.theverge.com/2015/4/5/834...blems-watching
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Comcast to launch $15-per-month streaming TV for cord cutters

Dubbed Stream, the service will let Comcast's Xfinity Internet customers watch HBO and a handful of standard broadcast networks via their PCs and mobile devices.

Of course, for $15 a month, don't expect a huge potpourri of premium channels. Beyond HBO, Stream won't offer you access to any other cable-only network, the New York Times reported. You will be able to watch the standard networks, including ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC and PBS, but those are already available to cord cutters through services such as Hulu and via high-definition antennas. Still, the access to HBO, Streampix and a cloud DVR could make the service appealing to many Comcast Internet users. And Stream is an experiment at this point, so Comcast could tweak it down the road based on audience reaction.

Comment

Tomorrow's Game

Sling TV is running a month long free preview of the TruTV channel........

Now that is what I call Timing !!

Comment

I'm a SlingTV subscriber and absolutely love it as the cheapest way to add ESPN to my basic cable package. I noticed someone saying that streaming to Apple TV through AirPlay wasn't working well for them. I would point out that -- where ESPN is concerned -- that is not an issue, because you can use your SlingTV account to validate the WatchESPN app on Apple TV. When you do that, all the provided ESPN channels (E, E2, E3, EU, ENews, SEC Channel) play natively through the app without the need to stream through AirPlay.

Because Sling isn't geographically tethered, I was free from the blackout restrictions.
            Last edited by Wuzee; March 14, 2016, 05:42 PM.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Sling TV kicks ass! I cancelled because I found a free alternative, but I've used Sling. I upgraded to the package that gave me all the ESPN channels. Steamed Sling through a tablet to whichever tv I was using for CNN, etc. Used the watch ESPN for ESPN. Sling limits how many streams can play at one time, but if you stream ESPN through the Watch ESPN app on an X box, it doesnt count. That way, my wife could watch her crap, the kids could watch their crap and I could still stream the game.
              There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Here's another streaming service that is available in ICT . with a free trial ...........

Comment

Originally posted by JackStraw View Post
                  Here's another streaming service that is available in ICT . with a free trial ...........

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/vue/#1
                  That really looks enticing. While the cost is so-so it looks more like exactly what i want channel wise. Just trying to decipher if it carries FSKC. Besides my son has been begging me to trade in his xbox 360 for a ps4

Comment

Working...
                  X