Potential Drought Relief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And........
    The first of many expected thunderstorms moves into the area!!!!

A few hours earlier than expected, this beauty is packing baseball sized hail and 80mph winds!!!

I love these storms, nature is awesome!
    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Well, the first wave was a bit underwhelming. It got dark, winds kicked up, sirens went off, a few sprinkles and nothing! I heard they got hit in northwest Omaha, though.

If it stays like this all night, I'll know what living west of the turnpike is like.
      There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

Better start up the flood watch thread.

7-day HPC rainfall map.

would pretty much put an end to the drought if this verifies.
        The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
          Well, the first wave was a bit underwhelming. It got dark, winds kicked up, sirens went off, a few sprinkles and nothing! I heard they got hit in northwest Omaha, though.

If it stays like this all night, I'll know what living west of the turnpike is like.
          Be lucky that you are missing out on it.

Those appear to be some monsters out there.

Comment

Looks like my hometown got hammered by the storms in NE today. Here's hoping for the moisture (sans the hailstones) this week for us.

Comment

I didn't have a single hail stone. Very little wind. Lots and lots of rain. Its still raining. Others in the area were less fortunate. OWH update:

Comment

Drought-Ending Rains possible

5-7" expected in SC KS, up to 9" in the Ozarks. YES! YES! YES!

Comment

Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                  5-7" expected in SC KS, up to 9" in the Ozarks. YES! YES! YES!
                  Except in the Sedgwick County corridor, where they will receive 0.25".

Comment

More like 0.01" but hey i'm not complaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                      More like 0.01" but hey i'm not complaining.
                      That's what she said.

Comment

• Tonight's storms look to be North of Wichita, figures

Comment

• There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Originally posted by MoValley John View Post
                            I am not going to lie, I watched it entirely waiting for the wolves to save him.
                            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• Originally posted by DanielBryan View Post
                              Tonight's storms look to be North of Wichita, figures
                              How do you figure?

Comment

• I know they are north of Wichita because Frankie MacDonald hasn't told you to order your pizza and Chinese food.

Comment

Working...
                                X