Clear All

• Koch Arena 360

https://map.concept3d.com/?id=1128#!...38,24627,33203
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• atlwsu
      atlwsu commented
      Editing a comment
      Pretty cool, that is probably the closest I will get to seeing it up close

• shoxtop
      shoxtop commented
      Editing a comment
      Can someone get in there and blur the mvc banners?

• This is what it looks like when you hit a double at Eck Stadium.

Visit Wichita State University's Interactive Campus Map
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Donors give another $2.5M to Wichita State honors college

"Wichita State University is putting more money toward scholarships for underrepresented and first-generation college students with the help of two key donors.

The university announced on Thursday a $2.5 million contribution from Dorothy and Bill Cohen. WSU says the goal of the scholarships is to increase diversity at the university and within the Cohen Honors College.

This gift comes three years after the Cohens gave Wichita State $5 million toward the creation of an honors college and other university initiatives and is the latest in three decades of financial contributions to the university. The honors college is part of WSU’s Shocker Hall student residence building."

Comment

• Crash course: Construction on new Wichita State lab starting this fall

"Construction on another component of Wichita State University’s innovation campus is expected to start later this year.
        The university is moving forward with a plan to construct a crash dynamics lab near 18th Street North and Oliver to replace a 4,500-square-foot lab now housed in the National Institute for Aviation Research. Tracee Friess, director of communications for research and technology transfer at WSU, discussed the project Thursday during a weekly briefing for media and university stakeholders.

The crash dynamics lab is used to simulate various crash impacts for research of the safety of airplanes and child restraints, among others.

Friess says the new building will allow NIAR to meet new industry standards while helping the organization diversify and expand its client base.

With a larger facility, NIAR can expand its research capacities to include aspects such as side-impact and high-speed automotive testing.

The new lab will more than quadruple the size of the existing space and comes with a $9.2 million price tag. The building will be 20,595 square feet.

Comment

• #ShockerStore

https://twitter.com/wu_shock/status/...213086208?s=21

”I like it a lot!”

maxresdefault.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            I like the idea, but I'm growing concerned with the continued funneling of money to developers on what were supposed to be private projects. First the The Flats and now Braeburn Square.

Comment

• Wuzee
              Wuzee commented
              Editing a comment
              I think Shocker Store is just getting in on the ground floor. If you go over there, you'll see that it looks like they've got sports-bar-type-digs being finished out already, complete with garage doors that open onto the lakeside veranda for patio seating. Can't wait to find out who they land. Park at the bar for a pregame adult beverage or three, grab a new lid, shuttle to the game, beat the holy hell out of Memphis, then shuttle back for a postgame hammer. That's gonna be awesome.

• ShockCrazy
              ShockCrazy commented
              Editing a comment
              I hope that's the case, but the fact this is the first tenant announced is slightly concerning.

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              The interior rendering looks like something I've seen in Chicago and New York City.

"This Shocker Store location will not sell textbooks. Instead, customers can purchase Shocker merchandise geared toward sports fans, alumni and the WSU community. It will feature an extended line of Shocker apparel, differing from the merchandise carried in the Rhatigan Student Center’s Shocker Store."

Aug. 2, 2018 -- The Shocker Store (formerly University Bookstore) will be opening a 2,840-square-foot location in the new Wichita State University retail area, Braeburn Square

• A little different concern, but I'm concerned that all these buildings are for people, activities, and traffic that may or may not come. If it succeeds, great! If not, we're stuck with beautiful faces and loud, empty places.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              A little different concern, but I'm concerned that all these buildings are for people, activities, and traffic that may or may not come. If it succeeds, great! If not, we're stuck with beautiful faces and loud, empty places.
              25zgn1.jpg

Comment

• WstateU
                WstateU commented
                Editing a comment
                If you don't build it, they for sure won't come.

• New virtual tour of the campus. The now and thens (for me anyway back in 1968-1972) are mind-boggling. I like it.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                shocker_store_2.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                  A little different concern, but I'm concerned that all these buildings are for people, activities, and traffic that may or may not come. If it succeeds, great! If not, we're stuck with beautiful faces and loud, empty places.
                  I’m not concerned about retail
                  I would like to see the trigger pulled on the hotel though. These things take time...

how great to fly into Wichita, stay, eat, drink on campus while attending athletic events.
                  Awesome!

Comment

• im4wsu
                    im4wsu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Or just visiting sons, daughters attending school. Book early for graduation day.

• https://twitter.com/wichitastate/sta...864520198?s=21

Aug. 8, 2018 -- Wichita State will be home to the new Wesley Healthcare Urgent Care Center, thanks to a $3 million partnership between Wesley Healthcare and the Greater Wichita YMCA. The urgent care center will be located inside the new campus YMCA and is expected to open at the same time, in early 2020.
                  Last edited by WstateU; August 8, 2018, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Wtf? When's Dillon's, Lowe's and Walmart coming? This is getting ridiculous. What happens to the student healthcare center?

T

...:cool:

• Wuzee
                    Wuzee commented
                    Editing a comment
                    “Everyone wins with this partnership,” Childers says. “Students will continue to receive quality, affordable services through Student Health, while the addition of the UCC will provide access to onsite X-ray when needed and an option for medical services on weekends. This facility will assist in creating a healthy WSU campus community and surrounding neighborhood.”

• C0|dB|00ded
                    C0|dB|00ded commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No, I can't read.

T

...:cool:

• “This is the first time the university has achieved greater than $100 million in research awards in its history.”

Aug. 9, 2018 - Wichita State University set a new record for total research and development awards in fiscal year 2018 with a total of $104.5 million, increasing awards by more than $14 million and achieving gains in most funded departments.

Comment

• "Oh no no no I'm a rocket man..."

Last edited by WstateU; August 9, 2018, 04:14 PM.

Comment

• Last edited by WstateU; August 9, 2018, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X