No announcement yet.

NFL 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irina Gromova and Edvard Petrovskiy allege they suffered several injuries from the multi-vehicle crash in Dallas on March 30.

10 million not enough

Comment

• ESPN - Bears unveil $5B proposal for new domed lakefront stadium

The Bears unveiled a nearly $5 billion proposal Wednesday for an enclosed stadium next door to their current home at Soldier Field as part of a major project that would transform the city's lakefront, and they are asking for public funding to help make it happen.

The plan calls for $3.2 billion for the new stadium plus an additional $1.5 billion in infrastructure. The team and the city said the project would add green and open space while improving access to the city's Museum Campus and also could include a publicly owned hotel.

"This is not an easy project, but Chicago doesn't like it easy," Bears president Kevin Warren said.

The announcement at Soldier Field comes during a busy week for the Bears. They are expected to take 2022 Heisman Trophy winner Caleb Williams with the No. 1 pick in the draft Thursday night and bank on the USC quarterback to solidify a position that has long been a sore spot for the founding NFL franchise.

The team said last month it was prepared to provide more than $2 billion in funding toward a publicly owned stadium in the city.

The proposal calls for $2.025 billion from the Bears, $300 million from an NFL loan and $900 million in bonds from the Illinois Sports Facilities Authority. The funding from the ISFA would involve extending bonds of the existing 2% hotel tax.

The Bears said the project would generate $8 billion in economic impact for the region. It would be built in three phases, and construction would take up to five years. The new stadium would be constructed on a parking lot just south of Soldier Field, the Bears' home since 1971. The team's lease at the 100-year-old stadium runs through 2033.
      Ambitious
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• $5 bills… yikes!
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• $5B+ to the Chicago Unions.

Comment

• Originally posted by BAShocker View Post
            **** the Chicago Unions.
            FIFY

Comment

• Chiefs take one of my favorite longhorn player Xavier Worthy. ( X man2).
              That is going to be fun watching the Mahomes Worthy show for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                Chiefs take one of my favorite longhorn player Xavier Worthy. ( X man2).
                That is going to be fun watching the Mahomes Worthy show for sure.
                Yeah, that was a perfect selection for a team that just got better. And (obviously) was already elite.

Comment

• Once we got to around pick 20 and Worthy was still available I was waiting for them to trade up. Never thought the Bills would be the one to trade with us though.

Worthy is the perfect fit for this team. He and Hollywood along with Rice when he becomes available will make quite the trio to put around Travis in the passing game.

Can't wait to see what happens today and tomorrow to finish out the draft.

A three-peat isn't going to be easy, but I like our chances more now that we have a guy like Worthy.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Bet he’s not more elusive than Rashee Rice.

Comment

• if Rashee Rice wuz a Raider, y'all would be askin for a lifetime ban and you know it

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        if Rashee Rice wuz a Raider, y'all would be askin for a lifetime ban and you know it
                        False. The Raider killed someone and her dog.

Rice was stupid, but thankfully there were no major injuries.

He'll pay a price. He'll be suspended. He'll learn from this or he will end up out of the league.

Your absolute hatred for all things Chiefs has clouded your judgement on anything Chiefs.

By the way, I've talked to a number of non-Chiefs fans who agree with the above about Rice. He'll have a short leash after this, but most people don't think ruining a promising young persons life over this is the way to go. There's much more value in him learning from it and going on to do good than there is in taking it all away.

The only people who seem to want football taken away from him are those who hate the Chiefs with a fiery passion (you), those who hate football/sports in general, and racists who want to see the downfall of any person of color no matter what.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The best TE in history is now the highest paid and locked in until he chooses to hang 'em up.

I'm not sure he plays another four years, but he deserves this.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Seems like a no brainer. I'm not sure how much land is still available in and around The Legends area, but building a new football stadium out there could increase the amount of businesses in the area as that area is already a fairly popular destination.

I saw some mention somewhere of a Margaritaville going in over there as well. I don't know if that's true.

If this ever happens, I would hope they'd look into a retractable roof option. Potential Super Bowl and/or Final Four would be massive. They could hold massive music concerts year round and not have to worry about rain or something screwing with those as they could close the roof if the weather were a potential threat to them.

And selfishly, I just enjoy seeing all of the Missouri people sweating over this and claiming they'd never go to another game again if it moved to Kansas, showing that their hatred for Kansas is greater than their love of the Chiefs. It's not like Kansans don't hate Missouri, but we still support the Chiefs/Royals despite them being on the wrong side of the border.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

And selfishly, I just enjoy seeing all of the Missouri people sweating over this and claiming they'd never go to another game again if it moved to Kansas, showing that their hatred for Kansas is greater than their love of the Chiefs. It's not like Kansans don't hate Missouri, but we still support the Chiefs/Royals despite them being on the wrong side of the border.
                                Yes, the KCMO folks are showing their hypocrisy. They sure haven't complained of all the Kansans supporting the Chiefs and the Jackson County economy. I have no way to back this up, but I've seen many say that a majority of season ticket holders are Kansans, and more specifically from Johnson County. I wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

All that said, I don't want to see Kansas just hand the Chiefs' ownership group the keys to a new stadium. They should contribute a sizeable portion to the overall cost.

Comment

Working...
                                X