No announcement yet.

NFL 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eight children were among 22 people hit by gunfire in a shooting at the end of Wednesday's parade to celebrate the Kansas City Chiefs' Super Bowl win, authorities said, sending terrified fans running for cover as yet another high-profile public event was marred by gun violence. Kansas City Police Chief Stacey Graves said three people had been detained as part of the investigation. It is the latest sports celebration in the U.S. to end in gun violence, following a shooting that injured several people last year in downtown Denver after the Nuggets' NBA championship, and gunfire last year at a parking lot near the Texas Rangers' World Series championship parade.

Comment

• The tackling guy and his wife that removed the gun are from Wichita. They drove back this afternoon (can't believe they weren't still being interviewed by the police) and were on Cuomo on NewsNation tonight. Just average people doing heroic things. God Bless them.

Chris maybe got it wrong? I'm reading now they were from Omaha? Who knows anymore......
      Last edited by WuDrWu; February 15, 2024, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
        From what I have seen so far three under arrest are black.

Wonder if this will be deemed a hate crime?

Wonder what Bob Lutz thinks?
        "mostly peaceful protests?"

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
          The tackling guy and his wife that removed the gun are from Wichita. They drove back this afternoon (can't believe they weren't still being interviewed by the police) and were on Cuomo on NewsNation tonight. Just average people doing heroic things. God Bless them.

Chris maybe got it wrong? I'm reading now they were from Omaha? Who knows anymore......
          KAKE on your side interviewed
          the couple last night and reported they were from Maize?
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The mass shooting that erupted at the end of the Chiefs' Super Bowl celebration in Kansas City, Missouri, appeared to stem from a dispute, according to police. The shooting, in which one person was killed and 22 were hurt, unfolded outside Union Station as Chiefs fans were leaving a parade and rally on Wednesday. More than 800 law enforcement officers were on duty in the area, as 1 million paradegoers were expected to attend the celebration, according to Kansas City Mayor Quinton Lucas.

No mention of white supremacy, or MAGA, so we can assume the shooters were people of color, though it is not stated.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              https://www.yahoo.com/gma/investigat...104345547.html

No mention of white supremacy, or MAGA, so we can assume the shooters were people of color, though it is not stated.

I am sure they will be labeled as black Trump backers.
              An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                The tackling guy and his wife that removed the gun are from Wichita. They drove back this afternoon (can't believe they weren't still being interviewed by the police) and were on Cuomo on NewsNation tonight. Just average people doing heroic things. God Bless them.

810 Radio (I don’t remember which guest) reported this morning that there were two citizen tacklers, and one was from Maize, and the other from Omaha. Both right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post

810 Radio (I don’t remember which guest) reported this morning that there were two citizen tacklers, and one was from Maize, and the other from Omaha. Both right?
                  Have they entered the portal yet?

Comment

• "MAIZE, Kan. (KAKE) - Trey and Casey Filter took a look at the video of their heroic action at the Super Bowl victory parade shooting in Kansas City for the first time after returning home."

""He and I were looking at one another. You know, like, hell yeah, like we got this guy," Trey said. "And so then people were still yelling, 'he's got a gun. He has a gun.' We were just focused on keeping him down. And then, you know, kind of make sure he didn't go anywhere.""

"Casey is also seen in the video picking up the gun."

""I just saw it and just thought I needed to get it out of the way, somewhere," Casey said."

Man from Wichita area tackles gunman at Kansas City parade shoot - KAKE
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• At least one person was killed and multiple people, including children, were wounded after the shooting near Union Station on Wednesday in Kansas City, Missouri.

starting shooting and spinning in a circle

Comment

• Weirdly, it seems like this story is quickly losing steam in the national headlines. I wonder why that is?
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• If you saw the guy in all red who was handcuffed after the parade, you might find the story at https://www.kmbc.com/article/olathe-...viral/46837765 interesting. He was detained for being intoxicated and not moving away from the crime scene and had nothing to do with the shooting and wasn't the 3rd person arrested and later released like many thought.

The third guy arrested and released was however re-arrested and it turns out he's from Wichita. According to https://www.ksn.com/sports/chiefs/wi...mass-shooting/ he was charged with unlawful possession of a firearm. He was headed to use a restroom when the shooting started and people started running toward him to get away from the shooting. He saw a Glock 22 on the ground and instead of running away too, he told police he decided to go to the restroom anyway and picked up the gun on the way. Someone saw him pick it up and pointed him out to police and he threw the Glock to the ground as they approached, telling them he intended all along to turn the Glock over to police. They arrested him but released him later saying he wasn't involved in the shooting, but arrested him again because a background check showed he was a convicted felon in Kansas.

Finally, TMZ has some video and still pictures from before the shooting started due to some people filming and the shooters being right behind them in the video at the time - https://www.tmz.com/2024/02/17/kansa...red-juveniles/
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Two adults have been arrested in connection with the mass shooting that erupted following a dispute at the Chiefs' Super Bowl parade last week, prosecutors announced Tuesday. Dominic Miller and Lyndell Mays each face charges of second-degree murder, two counts of armed criminal action and unlawful use of a weapon, Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said, noting that paradegoer Lisa Lopez-Galvan was allegedly fatally shot by a bullet from Miller's gun. It appears Mays was in a "verbal argument" at the parade with someone he had no prior history with, Baker said at a news conference.

Comment

• What happened was tragic and I hope justice is done. But do we need to fly flags at half staff for a woman who lived in Missouri?

Comment

Working...
                                X