NFL 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    I had friends that were looking at lower level tickets for $202 last night.

The expected weather may impact the price as we get closer. I'm not sure how that all works, but I think I heard it's supposed to be around 10 degrees at kickoff.
    Good points. You couldn't pay me enough to be outside at a game in the single digits.
    "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      LOL at the Dolphins at the Chiefs next Saturday night ONLY on Peacock.

**** you NFL.
      I'm not buying.

Sports bars in Wichita are the best possibility. I would imagine that most will want the business.

Comment

I have Peacock for soccer but I'll pass on watching this game if for no other reason than spite (and I'm fan of neither team) but it's just another reason to ignore professional sports.

I realize what I'm about to type isn't specific or researched, but consider the following:

Per the NFL itself, they have donated more than 600 grants totaling almost 3 million dollars since 2017 (mostly in the area of social justice and equality).

The PGA and LPGA (so PGA) give almost 200 million PER YEAR to various charities. Golf events in total claim more than 3 BILLION+ PER YEAR in charitable giving.

3 million in 6 years to social justice, or 200 million PER.

Which one deserves our attention and support?

The PGA donates more every year than the MLB, NBA and NFL, combined.
        Last edited by WuDrWu; January 8, 2024, 09:54 AM.

Comment

But golf is boring to watch on TV and football is not.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

But golf is boring to watch on TV and football is not.
            Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

But even if I agree, and I defend each person/organization and their right to choose how they spend their money, the big 3 are derelict in their social responsibility, especially given their status.

They have the right to not give to charity, 100%. That doesn't mean they can't be called out for their dereliction.

Comment

You can apparently get good seats for around $100 for the Chiefs game Saturday.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

You can apparently get good seats for around $100 for the Chiefs game Saturday.
                I have a great seat…my room temperature family room recliner, steps away from cold beer and hot chile. I have the greatest vantage point for all the action including the 5 close ups per quarter of what part of the suite Taylor Swift is in.

Seriously, I gave up comp seats on the 50 yard line. No regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I have a great seat…my room temperature family room recliner, steps away from cold beer and hot chile. I have the greatest vantage point for all the action including the 5 close ups per quarter of what part of the suite Taylor Swift is in.

I have one friend who I think still kinda wants to go, but nobody will commit to going with him because it's going to be so freaking cold. I've been to a Chiefs game years ago against the Panthers when it was unbearably cold and I don't need to experience that again. I get the excitement behind being there for a playoff game. It's a different vibe but I would need a less cold winter for that. I don't mind bundling up some to enjoy it, but I would need to be able to enjoy it.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I have one friend who I think still kinda wants to go, but nobody will commit to going with him because it's going to be so freaking cold. I've been to a Chiefs game years ago against the Panthers when it was unbearably cold and I don't need to experience that again. I get the excitement behind being there for a playoff game. It's a different vibe but I would need a less cold winter for that. I don't mind bundling up some to enjoy it, but I would need to be able to enjoy it.
                    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

I've only been to 2 Chiefs games in person. The first time had good seats and great weather. Second time, seats were very high up, it was windy and colder than a witch's t*t. Haven't been back (and won't be). SHOXAAC , you are a wise man.

Comment

• I don't know how much you'd have to pay me to watch a Chief's game from the upper deck. And that's before the cold.

It would be a lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I've only been to 2 Chiefs games in person. The first time had good seats and great weather. Second time, seats were very high up, it was windy and colder than a witch's t*t. Haven't been back (and won't be). SHOXAAC , you are a wise man.
                          I always had you for a great judge of character!

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                            I don't know how much you'd have to pay me to watch a Chief's game from the upper deck. And that's before the cold.

It would be a lot.
                            I sat in the upper deck a couple of times and it wasn't a bad view at all. It's almost as if you're on top of the action.
                            Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                              I don't know how much you'd have to pay me to watch a Chief's game from the upper deck. And that's before the cold.

It would be a lot.
                              I've watched most of my Chiefs games from the upper deck, and towards the top of it. It's really not that bad. Granted, the weather was never horrible for those games.

The cold ass game I went to we were in the lower bowl, just under the second deck. Can't imagine how much it would have sucked at the top.

Lower bowl seats are going for under $100 for tomorrow's game. I believe it's expected to be close to zero degrees at kickoff.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Chiefs aren't good enough this season to warrant freezing your butt off for 3 hours.

Comment

Working...
                                X