NFL 2023/2024

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
    Chiefs aren't good enough this season to warrant freezing your butt off for 3 hours.
    Here's what I know. My mom loves the Chiefs. She will be sad the game is on Peacock. I have a Peacock subscription because the Office streams on Peacock (for one, as does the Tour de France), and Saturday I will sign out of my devices, go over to her house, and hopefully sign in so she can watch the game.

Now who's a good boy?

Comment

• The Peacock thing is bullshit.

I have a friend that has it (I don't know why) so we're all going over to his place. He's got a nice golf setup in the garage that will entertain us for a while prior to the game so that's a perk.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Also just read something about how it being exclusively on Peacock means that Canadian fans of the NFL cannot watch as Peacock doesn't stream live events in Canada. Apparently it was the same issue with Paramount+ for the Chiefs game last week.

I'm assuming it's not only an issue in Canada. Maybe there's some other streaming service available for Euro fans that they naturally use to watch NFL games and it doesn't cost any more. But if you had to subscribe to something new just for one game, that would really suck.
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          The Peacock thing is bullshit.

I have a friend that has it (I don't know why) so we're all going over to his place. He's got a nice golf setup in the garage that will entertain us for a while prior to the game so that's a perk.
          I have it because at $6 a month I get a lot of TV shows I like available. Some older stuff like 30 Rock and Alf, the Law & Order franchise, and other things.
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

I have it because at $6 a month I get a lot of TV shows I like available. Some older stuff like 30 Rock and Alf, the Law & Order franchise, and other things.

Yeah, I could fix myself a BLT right now.

That's Bacon, LUCKY, and tomatah.

Comment

• I stream ALF for free on a different streaming app.

When I looked at Peacock previously, I think there was really only one show that I'd find value in, but I also own the complete series on DVD so it wasn't that important to me.

This got me thinking so I'm scrolling through what shows they offer.

I admit, I wouldn't mind seeing Dan Brown's The Lost Symbol as I have always enjoyed his writings and would be interested in how they screwed up this adaptation of a fantastic read. They can screw it up and it still be enjoyable, see Angel's and Demon's.

There's also Farscape, but I've been watching that on a different streaming service and I'd have to double check, but I thought I bought those too. If not, they were on the list to buy.

Hell's Kitchen and other Ramsay shows entertain me, but I can find those on another free service.

I understand the Law and Order thing, I just never got into them. It's one of those shows I'd watch an episode here and there if I stumbled across it.

I watch Merlin on a different streaming app. Or have, not sure if it's still there or not. But I can usually find those BBC shows on other apps.

I watch MST3K elsewhere.

Parks and Rec I'd love to stream, but since I own the series I don't need to. But that's the best thing Peacock offers for me personally.

I love Red vs Blue, but that's also available for free on the Rooster Teeth app.

I know I've watched Sliders elsewhere before. Not one I'd rewatch on the regular though.

I'm actually kind of surprised that NBC has so little that interests me that I can't get elsewhere or own.

There are some shows running currently, but with a DVR and Hulu I get those already.

I'm not questioning the value for some. But it's still bullshit to slap a playoff game behind a paywall and to **** over a lot of fans inside and outside of the US.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• FYI - if anyone is thinking about buying a Peacock TV plan this weekend, you can get 1/2 off the full year Peacock Premium plan (regular cost is $59.99 if you purchase the plan - promo takes it down to $29.99). I saw articles today about a promo code and a link to a blog post on the Peacock TV web site where they announced the promo code. Here's the link to the blog post - https://www.peacocktv.com/blog/peaco...e-january-2024 - and here's the part from it with the promo code:

How do I redeem the promo code?

Sign up for Peacock here and use code PEACOCK2024 to get 1 year for only $29.99.

Limited time offer. After offer ends, plan auto-renews at the then-current retail price (plus tax) until you cancel. Eligibility restrictions and terms apply: Offer Terms.

Also, the code isn't just for new subscribers - people with expired plans who are signing up for a Peacock Premium annual plan can use it as well. I used up my free trial a couple years ago and had a Black Friday discount annual plan from 2022 that I let expire a few months ago, but I was able to sign up for a year again and use the promo code. The promo code offer expires on Sunday.
                Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

I'm actually kind of surprised that NBC has so little that interests me that I can't get elsewhere or own.

There are some shows running currently, but with a DVR and Hulu I get those already.

I'm not questioning the value for some. But it's still bullshit to slap a playoff game behind a paywall and to **** over a lot of fans inside and outside of the US.

Back in 2022, Peacock had a special during Black Friday where one could get an annual plan for 99 cents a month, so I signed up. I mainly did it just because it was a good value and I had cut the cord and was just watching over-the-air stuff at the time. Turned out I didn't really watch a lot on Peacock. I did end up binging Yellowstone and Longmire and watched an occasional movie. I like to watch WWE stuff and they have one of their main events about once a month, such as the Royal Rumble coming up in a couple weeks, so I watched them, plus the Stone Cold Steve Austin podcasts were interesting. I let the Peacock plan expire because there wasn't much on lately, although the Continental series, which is basically a prequel to the John Wick movies was good. I decided to sign up for another year tonight in order to watch the Chiefs game and would have only signed up for a month if I hadn't seen their 1/2 off promo and decided to do a year instead. I'll probably watch wresting and look into some of the tv series and movies.

On a side note, looks like Amazon Prime might be broadcasting the KC Royals games in the future. I googled Bally Sports to see if they were running any specials for the upcoming Royals season and didn't see anything yet. But there were some articles from last month that said Amazon has been talking with the parent company of Bally Sports - Diamond Sports - about investing money in them and if that goes through, the Royals may be on Amazon Prime eventually, even as soon as the 2024 season. Sounds like the games would still be broadcast on cable providers that carry Bally Sports, but would be on Amazon Prime for cord cutters. If that falls through though, 2024 will likely be the last year the Royals will be on Bally Sports because Diamond Sports will divest things as part of a bankruptcy settlement and MLB will take over broadcasting the games.
                  Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Just as a price barometer. I have a friend who has 6 Chiefs tickets on the first level, five yard line right under the overhang of the upper deck. He bought them before Mahomes and right at the transition from Crennel to Reid. Chiefs sucked, tickets were cheap and being in Omaha they offered to grandfather ticket price as long as he held them. $90 each. He buys a season parking pass each year for sixty bucks a game. His total outlay is less than five grand a year for six seats and parking. Not too bad. The games I attend I pay for a hotel and drive. Fair trade. Anyway, if you skip the aftermarket and bought directly from a friend or insider who wasn't going, around $400 would take care of the whole family.
                    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese.

Comment

• Apparently the Bills game has been postponed. The Gov. of NY seems to have had some say in getting it moved (unclear) but it is not being received well to this point.

Postponed until Monday, and a quick check of the weather forecast seems to indicate worse weather on Monday (definitely colder) but perhaps not quite as windy. Snow still expected. Not sure what's at play here.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                        Apparently the Bills game has been postponed. The Gov. of NY seems to have had some say in getting it moved (unclear) but it is not being received well to this point.

Postponed until Monday, and a quick check of the weather forecast seems to indicate worse weather on Monday (definitely colder) but perhaps not quite as windy. Snow still expected. Not sure what's at play here.
                        Travel ban in the county - trying to keep emergency personnel available for the general public instead of diverting many of them to a football game. 50+ people died in a blizzard last year, and I would imagine the recency of that is playing heavily in that decision. It was an NFL/state of New York decision (not that I have any affinity for Hochul).

The field conditions/weather have no impact on any of those decisions.

Comment

• The Texans OC came out with a brilliant game plan. Not expecting anything from the Chiefs as the offense has been predictable all year. I'll be listening to the call from Holthus, the Chiefs radio production has to be the best in the business.
                          Shocker fan for life after witnessing my first game in person, the 80-74 win over the #12 Creighton Bluejays at the Kansas Coliseum.

Comment

• Anybody else getting a weird jerky movement with Peacock?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Restarting it a few times got it going smooth!
                              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X