Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pinstripers
    replied
    The NFL fined #Steelers RB Jaylen Warren $48,333 for illegal use of helmet in last week’s win over the #Browns. Here’s the play … which didn’t draw a flag.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

AND three dropped passes by Toney plus two terrible play calls ( jet sweeps for losses on short yardage situations ).........brutal schedule going forward
    Brutal? How so?

Chiefs are in a division that is without question bottom half of the league, and probably bottom quarter. They get both of their most likely competitors for the 1 seed at home in Buffalo and Cincy. Not sure how an NFL schedule for the defending SB champs sets up a lot better for a team. The Chiefs schedule is so much easier than the Bills and Bengals it's not even funny.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    They're pretty sure it's just a bone bruise and there's a strong belief he should be back next week.

The KC WRs were brutal last night. Mahomes made a lot of good passes in tough situations that were simply dropped, including the pick 6 which was a perfect pass that went right through Toney's hands.

Eliminate the massive amount of drops and KC wins last night.

Leave a comment:

• SB Shock
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    I'm thinking the Chiefs and Mahomes missed Travis Kelce very much tonight. What is the nature of his injury.
    Hyperextended knee with swelling. Team doctors said they "think" his ACL is intact. I read this to mean they need swelling to go down before they can know for sure.

Leave a comment:

• asiseeit
    replied
    Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
    They lost a little not having Jones last night for sure, but last I looked he doesn't play tackle on that O-line.
    AND three dropped passes by Toney plus two terrible play calls ( jet sweeps for losses on short yardage situations ).........brutal schedule going forward

Leave a comment:

• ShockingButTrue
    replied
    They lost a little not having Jones last night for sure, but last I looked he doesn't play tackle on that O-line.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    I'm thinking the Chiefs and Mahomes missed Travis Kelce very much tonight. What is the nature of his injury.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    I like this.

KSHB - Norma Hunt, the 'First Lady of Football,' set to be honored by the Kansas City Chiefs, NFL

In her honor, both the Kansas City Chiefs and the NFL are ensuring her impact and legacy live on.

The league is announcing the "Norma Hunt Super Bowl Champion of Education.

"It's going to go to a teacher, it's a nationwide award to a teacher who has displayed excellence, who has a lot of the same values as my mom," Hunt said. "My mother was a high school teacher. She was a history teacher and education and learning was always important to her, so it's a way for us to remember my mom and also continue her legacy because the winner of that award is going to get to go to the Super Bowl every year."

Clark Hunt said it's a nod to his mother attending every Super Bowl game.

KSHB 41 Anchor Dia Wall said, “So continuing that streak.”

Clark Hunt replied, “That's exactly right. We're going to keep the streak alive."

Much like her memory within the team, the Chiefs players will wear a special patch embroidered with Norma Hunt's initials this season.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Can someone explain to me why the Government Employees Health Association is buying naming rights to and NFL Field?
    Why not? Just because they're exclusive to federal employees doesn't mean they're federally funded. Now, if I'm mistaken and they do receive money directly from the government, and taxes, it's different. But I believe they're like any other insurance company, more or less, and don't receive any and are funded by customers.

And if that's the case, despite the name, there should be no issues.

With that said, I hate the fact that Arrowhead has that GEHA Field crap in front of it now and has taken a backseat to GEHA on stadium advertisements and such.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied
    Can someone explain to me why the Government Employees Health Association is buying naming rights to and NFL Field?

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    They're willing to make him the 2nd highest paid DT in the league, 4th highest defensive player, and it's apparently not good enough for a guy who is most likely about to start his decline in productivity.
    Last edited by SubGod22; September 6, 2023, 04:28 PM. Reason: Update due to Bosa contract

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    A group of Native Americans are campaigning to get Washington to change their name back to the Redskins.

Native American group demands Commanders change name (thecomeback.com)

Despite only owning the team for less than a month, Josh Harris and the Washington Commanders ownership group are already facing pressure regarding the team’s name.

The Native American Guardian’s Association, a North Dakota-based group, has started a petition to get the Commanders to change their name back to Redskins, and they have received over 90,000 signatures of support on their petition.

NAGA sent a letter to the Commanders’ ownership group, dated August 7, outlining the points of their argument, such as how other professional sports teams still have Native American-based names, “with the recognition that the name carries honor and respect.” NAGA’s letter also discusses how Washington could go back to the name while still being respectful, saying, “As the NFL franchise representing the nation’s capital, you have a distinct opportunity to recognize the history and value of the American Indian.”
    The petition has a little over 100,000 signatures at the time of this link being added.

It will never happen, but I find it amusing that there is a large group of natives that back the name. They always have, but people mostly listen to the white people offended by it.
    Last edited by SubGod22; August 15, 2023, 02:51 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X