No announcement yet.

I Don't Know Where To Put This, But...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The oddest thing I've seen with one of those electronic signs, was on I70 a few years ago. I was headed to Topeka, around Lawrence, the sign said, "Tornado in immediate area." I wasn't exactly sure what to do. I was in between exits. I suppose I appreciate the warning.

Comment

• pinr: "So, Lock, when you played basketball at WSU, Cincinnati was still in the Valley, right?"

Don Lock: "Yep."

pin: "Did ya play against Oscar Robertson?"

Don: "Play against him? Hell, I guarded him!"

pin: "Really? How'd you do?"

Don: "I held the son-of-a-***** to 42!"

Comment

• Driving on the KTA into Wichita from the south I still want to know why ku has two giant signs with their sucky mascot announcing its Wichita Campus. While the sign announcing WSU is smaller and less distinctive. Don't go accusing me of having "sign envy" but shouldn't the HOME of Wichita State be more pronounced than another ne university as having a campus in Wichita.

Comment

• I mean, what can you say?

4-month-old Baby Sucked Up into Tornado is Found Asleep and Unharmed in a 'Cradle' of Fallen Tree Limbs

Sydney Moore watched as the bassinet containing her infant son Lord followed the roof of her mobile home up into the funnel of a tornado—ensuring, she thought, that she would never see him again.

Without time to shed a tear, she threw herself atop her 1-year-old boy just as the walls collapsed on them both.

Outside, her car was obliterated, and the area around her Clarksville Tennessee mobile home was completely destroyed.

Surviving the collapse of the home, she searched desperately for the 4-month-old with her boyfriend, who had been thrown by the force of the funnel which broke his arm and shoulder

“I thought he was dead,” Moore told WSMV in a sober voice. “I thought he was dead and I’d never see him again.”

Then, a miracle.

“It was like a little tree cradle,” Moore remembered. Her baby was but for a cut unscathed, lying asleep in the crook of a fallen tree. Moore’s sister remembered thinking that it looked for all the world as if little Lord had been placed there, as if an angel had guided him through the storm.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Inspiration that miracles happen…it didn’t hurt the baby’s name is Lord.

Comment

• ‘No muffin top’: Get curves like Sofia Vergara with her slimming seamless panties — they're down to $2 a pop

Comment

• I ain't clickin' that.
                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I KNEW IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    My wife told me this isn't true.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      I'm going to see how that goes tonight...
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I'm going to see how that goes tonight...
                        If you ask her, that would prove her point.

Comment

• U.S. Coast Guard Rescues Dog That Fell Off Cliff

Today's good news story comes from Astoria, Oregon.

In a heartwarming and heroic tale of bravery, a U.S. Coast Guard aircrew based in Astoria embarked on a daring rescue mission to save a stranded canine companion named Leo at Ecola State Park.

The drama unfolded when Leo, a four-legged adventurer, tumbled off a cliff in the picturesque Ecola State Park.

Quick to respond, the Astoria Coast Guard aircrew sprang into action, launching a life-saving operation to retrieve the stranded dog.

The daring rescue was captured in a dramatic Hoist cam footage released by the Coast Guard, showcasing the precision and skill required to execute such a challenging mission.

The video revealed the Coast Guard rescue swimmer descending to Leo's location, securing the canine into a hoisting basket, and lifting him to safety.
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Went to Wichita last night for middle school basketball. Lost, but didn't get a bad whistle. Anyway, their coach never stayed in the box. Three different times, the big official told him to get back in the box. Each time, he dropped his head, took a step toward the box and stopped, never went back in. I thought he coached a helluva game, but I'da throwed his azz clear outa town if he disrespected me like that.

Comment

• MSN - Fruit Stripe Gum discontinued after more than 50 years

Fruit Stripe Gum, known for its bold colors and zebra mascot, is being discontinued after 50 years on the market.

“We are sad to announce that Fruit Stripe Gum has been discontinued by the manufacturer. We are disappointed too,” OldTimeCandy, a seller of “retro” candy, wrote on its website.

Fruit Stripe’s manufacturer, Ferrara Candy, confirmed the gum’s discontinuation in a statement obtained by Food & Wine.

“The decision to sunset this product was not taken lightly, and we considered many factors before coming to this decision, including consumer preferences, and purchasing patterns,” a Ferrara Candy representative said.

Fruit Stripe Gum was invented in the late 1960s by James Parker. The brand later adopted a zebra mascot named Yipes, and the slogan “Yipes! Stripes!”

There were five flavors — Wet n’ Wild Melon, Cherry, Lemon, Orange and Peach Smash — according to NBC News, and each stick’s wrapper doubled as a temporary tattoo.
                              Yipes! Stripes!...no more.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Nooooooo
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X