Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not a good production, the continuous buffering

Comment

Not a professional NFL product. Where are the Time Outs listed?

Comment

Much better the 2nd half.

Timeouts are shown with vertical dashes to the inside of the team score. It took me awhile to find them, too.

Comment

I had a few buffering issues but nothing major overall. Thought the broadcast was crisp and felt well done. Herbstreit is fantastic and Al Michaels is a legend. As good as I could have expected, and it’s miles better than the production value of MNF.

FWIW I have Google Fiber that’s 1 Gig and it’s hooked up directly to my TV. So that helps.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Chiefs win baby!! That’s all that matters.

Comment

I had no buffering issues at all. And the Chiefs won! It was a good night!
              Go Shocks!

Comment

It is astonishing how the Chargers always seem to shoot themselves in the foot.

Comment

The picture quality was crisp all night for me. I did see some posts on FB about some people having issues and I think the solution was a quick restart of the app fixed it for all/most.

Buffering issues generally have to do with your own internet doesn't it? I seldom have any issues with that but I think it happened once last night. I just waited for commercial to get back to live. At least when it did buffer it didn't keep me live and make me miss something.

The Chiefs offense started out pretty rough. Sometimes, Andy tries to get too cute when something straight forward would work just fine. But I think some of it was also feeling out the Chargers new and improved defense and trying to figure out what would work. The offensive line had a few breakdowns, but for the most part, I think they did a good job on Bosa and Mack.

The throw Pat made to Watson for that TD was perfection. And props to Justin for beating one of the best CBs in the game for that TD.

Herbert is a tough SOB. I'm not sure what his injury is, but he was in a lot of pain those last few drives and at one point, I was surprised they didn't pull him because of it and go with Daniels. But then he stands in there and makes some great throws and takes some good hits. We're in for at least two good QB battles every year for a long time with him and Pat.

I just saw a stat that showed after going down 10-0, the Chiefs D forced 6 punts on the next 8 drives and on those 6 drives, only allowed 75 yards. It shows that they're capable. And the D line wasn't getting a great push until much later in the game. When McDuffie gets back, it'll only get better as he may be the best cover man on the team.

Fenton had a night to forget.

Jaylen Watson had a night to remember. Even most of the completions on him he was in good coverage.

Gay and Bolton are an exciting combo at LB. Gay was all over the place. He did miss a few tackles, but he made some huge plays as well.
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

I did not see this game, but the Dolphins vs Jaguars game in Baltimore must have been a wild one. The Jags took a seemingly commanding 28-7 lead at the half. However, the Dolphins scored 35 points in the second half including the winning touchdown with 14 seconds to play as they completed an epic comeback with a 42-38 road win.

Lamar Jackson had a decent day for the Ravens connecting on 21-29 passes for 369 yards, 3 TD's and no interception with a passer rating of 142.6. The Ravens also out-rushed the Dolphis 155 yard to 86 yards.

Tua Tagovailoa's countered that with a 36-50 for 469 yards and 6 TD performance. He did have 2 interceptions and ended up with a passer rating of 124.1.

Comment

Bengals have been exposed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        Bengals have been exposed.
                        Not sure they've been "exposed" as much as they've regressed to the median. They won walked off more than their share of games last season. They're not a bad team, but they aren't the 2-4 best teams in the AFC and they weren't last year either. Beware the Super Bowl loser....it's not unusual at all for that team to regress hard the next season.

Joe Burrow is pretty darned good and they have pieces. They are still a bizarre injury to the long snapper in the 4th last week (cost them the extra point to win with 0:00 on the clock and also an OT missed FG that both were caused by the lack of a decent long snapper) from being 1-1 and frankly, a play or 2 vs Dallas from being 2-0. There is a very fine that determines winning and losing in the NFL. The Bengals are testing the standard deviations of late.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

Not sure they've been "exposed" as much as they've regressed to the median. They won walked off more than their share of games last season. They're not a bad team, but they aren't the 2-4 best teams in the AFC and they weren't last year either. Beware the Super Bowl loser....it's not unusual at all for that team to regress hard the next season.

Joe Burrow is pretty darned good and they have pieces. They are still a bizarre injury to the long snapper in the 4th last week (cost them the extra point to win with 0:00 on the clock and also an OT missed FG that both were caused by the lack of a decent long snapper) from being 1-1 and frankly, a play or 2 vs Dallas from being 2-0. There is a very fine that determines winning and losing in the NFL. The Bengals are testing the standard deviations of late.
                          True. Their lack of O line play is well known. It seems to have regressed.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

There are a couple not things contributing to their slow start. Super Bowl hangover is one. Its a real thing. They get to see what it is like to be the hunted rather than the hunter. Everyone on this board understands that. It takes a different mindset to know that every team is going to get up to play you. Also they get a first place schedule. This might not seem like much since it only amounts to three games but last year they got the Jets, Jags, and 49ers. This year they get Dallas, Tennessee, and KC. Last year the Chiefs got Green Bay, Buffalo and Tennessee. This year KC gets Tampa, Cincy, and Tennessee. With there being so little difference between winning and losing in the NFL, those three games can make a big difference.
                            Last edited by ShockerDropOut; September 19, 2022, 08:20 PM.
                            Go Shocks!

Comment

AZ vs. Raiders was insane!!!
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Mike Evans got suspended for his cheap shot on Lattimore.

Willie Gay has been suspended 4 games for something. The NFL won't say what it is, but they're apparently claiming it's for more than the broken vacuum that he replaced. As long as they don't say what it is, the narrative is that he's being suspended for the broken vacuum.
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X