No announcement yet.

Best Burger in Wichita?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1. Bomber Burger (oaklawn) ... don't know if its even there after the tornado. it was basically a shack.
    2. Oasis ... solid ass burgers, nuff said
    3. West Street Burger ... great burgers for a small joint that no one really seems to know in my peer group
    4. Tj's
    5. Freddy's
    Up your nose with a rubber hose - Barbarino

Comment

Finally made it out to Timbuktu (granted it's in Andover).

It's not on my list of the best burgers in town:
      ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
      www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Been out of Wichita for 16 years now, but when I'm back in town I like to hit Oasis or Ty's for burgers and the Artichoke for a good sandwich. I could make a mint if I could replicate the 'choke in Houston.

Comment

1. Sport Burger - Great flavor. Can go one huge burger or a couple smalls. Fries are very hot, fresh, well-seasoned.
          2. West Street Burgers - Underrated. Burgers are great and nice size to them. Fries are good as well.
          3. Riverside Cafe - Worth mentioning because of the sheer size and cheap price. Farina Burger (1 and 1/2 lbs. with tons of bacon) is 8 bucks with fries and, if you've got a brave buddy with you, there is always a coupon online to go buy-one get-one with drinks. Turns out to 5 bucks a piece and makes me feel like I'm on Man v. Food or something every time. An absolute gut bomb that night, though.

As for Bomber Burger in Oaklawn, my only experience there was so strange I'd never go back. Guy who owns/cooks there is pretty rough around the edges and the place is cramped and dim. Fries weren't great, and the burger was a little dry honestly. Solid flavor and big burger, though.

Comment

I also like Broadway Burgers by the way if that's still around. Kind of an odd place to go (North on Broadway) and it's not really a fast-food burger, but you can get it to go. Had a burger with barbecue sauce and bacon that was messy but good.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker91 View Post
              I also like Broadway Burgers by the way if that's still around. Kind of an odd place to go (North on Broadway) and it's not really a fast-food burger, but you can get it to go. Had a burger with barbecue sauce and bacon that was messy but good.
              I think they now only have one location on south broadway
              ============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Charlie's on W. 13th is the bomb.com!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker91 View Post
                  As for Bomber Burger in Oaklawn, my only experience there was so strange I'd never go back. Guy who owns/cooks there is pretty rough around the edges and the place is cramped and dim. Fries weren't great, and the burger was a little dry honestly. Solid flavor and big burger, though.
                  Went to Bomber Burger this summer with the girlfriend. BIG MISTAKE. The owner was incredibly crude and told vulgar jokes. GF will never go back. He was also drinking beer the entire time, which was kind of off-putting. However, I really enjoyed the food. The burger was very good, but I can see why the restaurant hasn't grown in popularity, mainly due to who is running the place.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                    Went to Bomber Burger this summer with the girlfriend. BIG MISTAKE. The owner was incredibly crude and told vulgar jokes. GF will never go back. He was also drinking beer the entire time, which was kind of off-putting. However, I really enjoyed the food. The burger was very good, but I can see why the restaurant hasn't grown in popularity, mainly due to who is running the place.
                    Both of you guys need to put on your big boy pants. This place isn't for pretty men that wear hair gel and sip wine. This is for men who tell their girlfriends, "This place is good and YOU LIKE IT." And then they put their cigars out -- on their arm. If you don't like Bomber Burger, then you probably have no hair on your back.
                    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                      Both of you guys need to put on your big boy pants. This place isn't for pretty men that wear hair gel and sip wine. This is for men who tell their girlfriends, "This place is good and YOU LIKE IT." And then they put their cigars out -- on their arm. If you don't like Bomber Burger, then you probably have no hair on your back.
                      Definitely no hair on my back...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                        Definitely no hair on my back...yet.
                        :)

FWIW -- I've never heard of the place and have no interest in going after the reviews here. Word of mouth matters.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          :)

FWIW -- I've never heard of the place and have no interest in going after the reviews here. Word of mouth matters.
                          Thats funny. I'm saving this to show your wife when you feel like sleeping on the couch. See you and Dave soon.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                            Thats funny. I'm saving this to show your wife when you feel like sleeping on the couch. See you and Dave soon.
                            Oh snap. Where are the retract and redact buttons?!?

I can't wait to see you guys!! Need Shocker basketball!!

Comment

Go try Buster's Burgers at 1202 East MacArthur Road. It is down the street from the drive in. Very good burgers and fries.

Comment

Has anybody been to Dempsey's in College Hill yet? Their hot Hawaiian Kobe burger is one of the best I've had in Wichita.

For more on this place: http://wichitabyeb.blogspot.com/2015...burger-in.html
                                ============

www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Working...
                                X