• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill's Charcoal Grill
    NuWay
    Dog n Shake

Can't go wrong with any of them

There used to be a place on So Seneca called Burger Stan...I loved that place

Comment

I won't go near a NuWay again. It baffles me to see them listed by some when this topic comes up. May be the most disappointing burger I've ever had.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by JJClamdip View Post
        A lot of people would not put it in the same class but they are competing for the same discretionary dollar. I have always loved Nuway since the first time I ever ate them back in the early 50's. Some people don't care for them a lot of that has to do with the origination on the West side of town where many of the East siders are unwilling to venture.
        Heh. I never understood the east/west rivalry in Wichita, but I guess that's because I moved away too young to grow up with it. Nuway has always been where my grandfather gets nostalgic and starts waxing poetic about Wichita's history.

Methinks SubGod had one bad experience and won't give them another shot. I've never had one after a few dozen visits. I try to find the spots recommended by the locals whenever I move somewhere (about to be state #8, not counting other countries, since leaving Wichita), and there's exactly three sandwich/burger places I legitimately crave. Compagno's deli in Monterey, CA, Jason's Deli in San Angelo, TX, and Nuway.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I've tried it more than once. Never been pleased with it. I kept going back because others would talk about how good it is. 3 strikes and you're out.

I do need to try Bionic Burger. Haven't made it around to it because I thought they were only out West. Saw one on 21st the other night somewhere around Woodlawn I think.
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

I was in town yesterday evening and went to the NuWay on Woodlawn and had 2NuWay's, curley fries and a rootbeerfloat. Yummy Yummy.

Ps: Bionic burgers arn't bad.
            If it feels good - do it!

Comment

Not one mention of Timbuktu in Andover?

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                Not one mention of Timbuktu in Andover?
                I guess if the title of the Thread Was Best Burger in Wichita and Andover it would be right there.
                An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

It didn't stop someone from mentioning a place in VC
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Gumby View Post
                    Timbuktu, @ 13th and Andover Road

http://timbuktubarandgrill.com/whereistimbuktu.html
                    Here was one.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Here was one.
                      Timbuktu

"Tim 'en me, a-hunting went,
                      Met three girls in a pop-up-tent,
                      They was three and we was two,
                      So, I bucked one and Tim Buck Two!"
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                        It didn't stop someone from mentioning a place in VC
                        Yes I did, I guess it should be "Best Burger in the Wichita Metro Area"
                        An “Old West” Texas analysis and summary of Mueller report and Congress’ efforts in one sentence:

"While we recognize that the subject did not actually steal any horses, he is obviously guilty of trying to resist being hanged for it."

Comment

I've been really wanting to check out the Oasis for quite some time. I heard theirs are delicious.

Here's my experience on Ty's and TJ's: http://wichitabyeb.blogspot.com/2012...s-and-tjs.html
                          ============

Reviewing the best establishments and restaurants in Wichita
                          www.wichitabyeb.com

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            I like TJ's. I have been to the one in Delano but not to their East side location which is at Harry & Webb.

Not sure how the East side store is doing. It sets back behind the stores along Webb & Harry and does not have good visibility. It is just behind (to the north) of Felipe's Jr.
                            Thanks for pointing TJ's out. I go through Harry and Webb regularly, but didn't know the diner back in there had changed. TJ's is a restaurant - not fast food. The difference in quality is obvious. Everything is freshly prepared. The burgers are 7 oz after cooking. Onion rings are great. Any comparison between TJ's and Bionic Burger, NuWay, etc. is pointless. Expect restaurant prices, and restaurant waiting times, but the burgers are worth it.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

The griddle on the east side TJ's will need thousands more burgers cooked on it before it tastes like the Delano TJ's. Still good food, though!
                              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Another vote for Big Larry's in VC. Good people, good burgers.

My favorites in the past were the big burger at Bennigan's and also Tanners back in the day.
                                -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

Working...
                                X