Sliver of Hope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    Man Trapped In Submerged Truck On Live TV, Off-Duty ER Nurse Dives Into Floodwaters To Save Him

The live video of the rescue is in the article. Pretty crazy story.
    I'm thinking to myself ... "There's at least a freaking camera man, a reporter, and a policeman there watching the guy stuck in a truck in water that you can literally walk over to and smash the window. PUT THE CAMERA DOWN AND GO HELP THE DUDE!?"

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I love things like this. The reaction and emotion is beautiful. There's a 90 second video at the bottom of the article.

High Schoolers Surprise Ghanaian Janitor with Dream Car: a Cherry Red Jeep in Time for His Birthday

These high school sophomores recently raised over $20,000 to surprise their favorite school janitor with a brand-new car.

The fundraiser kicked off in advance of Francis Apraku’s birthday, whom the boys describe as “super kind and friendly.”

They asked him what he wanted as a present, and, joking, the Ghanaian immigrant replied that he’d love a new Jeep Wrangler.

Bennett, Nick H, Nick T, Artin, Joey, Yousif, and Logan, hoped to have enough by the time they graduated from James Maddison High School in Vienna, Virginia, to give Apraku his Jeep.

After creating their GoFundMe in May, however, they had enough by summer’s end to give him his surprise.

With the help of their community, they raised $21,000 which they used to buy the Jeep in candy apple red, surprising Apraku in the parking lot of the school last Monday.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Eagle - K-State QB Avery Johnson raising money to help Maize principal in battle with cancer

Avery Johnson is dedicating the remainder of his season with the Kansas State football team to his former principal at Maize High.

Johnson, a sophomore quarterback for the Wildcats, has launched a fundraising campaign for Maize principal Chris Botts, who is battling cancer.

The goal is to raise $20,000 for Botts with every touchdown (both passing and rushing) that Johnson scores this season boosting the donations total. K-State fans and other supporters began donating to the cause on Wednesday. Because Johnson has already thrown for six touchdowns this season, the campaign immediately raised a few hundred dollars in less than one hour.

Johnson explained the campaign in a conversation with Botts, which he shared on social media.

“Every touchdown I score this year we are going to be able to donate some money to you through fans and everything like that,” Johnson said. “I just really want you to know how much I appreciate you and how excited I am. You are really a motivation to me just for how strong you are. I want you to know you aren’t going through this fight alone.”

Botts was diagnosed with large-cell neuroendocrine thymic cancer in March 2022, according to Johnson’s fundraising page. He is currently undergoing clinical trials in Houston, which requires extensive travel costs for him and his family.
        Outside of his ugly ass car, I haven't seen or heard anything bad about Avery. Props to him for using his position to help raise funds for someone who apparently has meant a lot to him.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
        X