• Show
Clear All

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Man does not belong in the water.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Fighting for family is what we all hope we would do.

Heroic Twin Awarded King's Gallantry Medal For Rescuing Sister From Crocodile Attack

Today's good news story comes from the United Kingdom.

In a dramatic display of bravery and sisterly love, Georgia Laurie has been awarded the prestigious King's Gallantry Medal for saving her twin sister, Melissa, from a life-threatening crocodile attack.

The incident, which took place on June 6th, 2021, in Mexico's Manialtepec Lagoon, turned a serene swimming adventure into a harrowing struggle for survival.

The Laurie twins, along with friends, were enjoying the bioluminescent waters of a river off the Manialtepec Lagoon, a location deemed safe by locals. The group's joy was shattered when a crocodile suddenly attacked Melissa. Despite efforts to reach the shore, Melissa was dragged underwater by the predator. Georgia, spotting her sister face down in the water, sprang into action without hesitation.

"That's not a sight you want to see," Georgia told GBN. Ignoring the danger, she swam to Melissa, revived her, and helped her regain consciousness. However, the crocodile returned, forcing Georgia into a desperate battle. With one hand, she kept her sister's head above water, while with the other, she fiercely punched the crocodile.

"I managed to get her somewhere more secluded, but it came back a third time. And that's when it death-rolled her in front of me," Georgia recalled. Refusing to give up, Georgia continued to fight the crocodile, sustaining bite injuries to her hand. Her relentless assault eventually made the crocodile release Melissa. "I just punched the heck out of it," she said.

A passing boat rescued the sisters, and they endured a tense 25-minute ride to the shore. Melissa suffered severe injuries, including a complicated open wrist fracture, puncture wounds to her stomach, bowel, intestines, and numerous bites on her leg, foot, and glutes. Despite the ordeal, both sisters have since fully recovered, though the physical and emotional scars remain.

Georgia's extraordinary courage and quick thinking did not go unnoticed. The Gallantry Medal from King Charles III honors civilians who put themselves at risk to save others, a fitting tribute to Georgia's heroism. Upon learning about the award, Georgia expressed her gratitude to the UK Cabinet Office, saying, "It means the world to me. It's the silver lining of the whole event."
    There's a near five minute news video/interview with the twins at the bottom of the article.

Leave a comment:

• Kung Wu
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
    'This Baby's Not Dying Today': Stranger Saves Infant From Burning Home

Three minute news clip at the bottom of the article.
    Outstanding!

Leave a comment:

• WstateU
    replied
    Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

Wow, just wow! Thanks for sharing.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied

Today's good news story comes from Cleveland, Ohio.

An Ohio man is being hailed as a hero after rescuing a baby from a devastating house fire in Cleveland. The incident unfolded early Monday morning when firefighters responded to a distress call reporting a blaze engulfing a residence in the 3600 block of West 102nd Street.

Amidst the chaos, the mother managed to escape the inferno with one of her twins, but her other child remained trapped inside. It was then that 62-year-old Army veteran John Stickovich, on his way to work, emerged as a guardian angel.

"The mother was sitting on the lawn with her one baby, and I asked her if she was all right. She said, 'My baby is still in the house,' and I was thinking to myself, 'Oh my God, I have to save the baby'," Stickovich told WKYC.

Stickovich immediately ran to the side door of the house and kicked it in, but the smoke and flames were too heavy, so he went to the back of the house and crawled through an open door to the kitchen. He still could not find the child.

"I came back out and asked her where the baby was. She told me, 'Next to the kitchen by the baby gate,'" he said.

Stickovich ran back into the house, crawled under the smoke, and felt around until he reached the childproof gate — but there still was no sign of the child.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    'It Was Nice To See Them Smile': 10-Year-Old Spreads Joy On Mother's Day

Today's good news story comes from Kansas City, Missouri.

In a heartwarming display of kindness and compassion, 10-year-old Catalina Campos, founder of the nonprofit Circul KC, embarked on a mission this Mother's Day to ensure every mother felt cherished and appreciated.

Circul KC, a nonprofit initiated by Campos herself, is dedicated to serving senior citizens and other local nonprofits in need by providing essential supplies and support. Their ethos revolves around empowering youth to serve their community, do what's right, and foster love for both God and country.

On Mother's Day, Campos and her team set out with one goal: to make mothers feel special and loved. Armed with vibrant bouquets, they visited senior living facilities and ventured into Kansas City's Loose Park, where they delighted mothers of all ages with unexpected gestures of kindness.

Reflecting on her mission, Campos expressed her joy at seeing the smiles on mothers' faces, knowing that their simple act of giving could brighten someone's day.

"It was nice to see them smile because sometimes moms don't have... the kids don't come and give them stuff," Campos told KSHB 41 News.

As the flowers found their way into the hands of mothers throughout Kansas City, they carried with them not just petals and stems, but a message of love, appreciation, and the power of small acts of kindness to make a big difference in someone's life.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    A little different, but I like it.

Texas Food Bank Builds Housing for the People Who Need Their Food - Right Next Door

A food bank in a fast-growing Texas community is building affordable housing next to its bank, to ensure people who have to juggle food and rent are able to with minimal effort.

The 51-unit apartment complex hasn’t gone up yet, but planning has begun for facilities that would temporarily house people struggling to afford the cost of living while undertaking job training or studies.

30 minutes outside San Antonio lies one of the fastest-growing towns in the US: New Braunfels.

Here, homelessness is growing due to an exploding population. The New Braunfels branch of the San Antonio food bank wondered if they could do more than just cover the cost of food.

“What we know about a food insecure household is that rent eats first in every household budget,” says Eric Cooper, president and CEO of the San Antonio Food Bank.
    I don't know if this could lead to other issues or not, but in theory this is wonderful. I hope it works out.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    'Medically, I Was Gone': Two High School Students Save Their Teacher's Life

Today's good news story comes from Detroit, Michigan.

Two Oak Park High School students are being hailed as heroes after saving their physical education teacher, Alfred Kattola, from cardiac arrest.

The dramatic incident unfolded during a routine student-teacher basketball game when Kattola suddenly felt unwell before collapsing in the gym.

"Medically, I was gone," Kattola revealed to Fox 2 Detroit, reflecting on the terrifying moment.

Isreal DuBose and Correy Coleman, both juniors at Oak Park High, sprang into action without hesitation. Drawing on the CPR and first aid skills they had learned just months earlier in a health sciences class, the duo began administering life-saving measures.

"We thought we might use it at some point in our lives, but not that soon," Coleman said.

"We're sitting in the bleachers…I just knew I had to do something," DuBose said. "I began compressions and around two and a half rounds of compressions, the AED was brought and Correy placed the AED pads."

Their swift and decisive actions played a pivotal role in keeping their teacher alive.

Paramedics arrived promptly, and Kattola was rushed to a local hospital for further treatment. Miraculously, he returned to school the following week, thanks to the timely intervention of his students.

Kattola reunited with the girls to thank them for saving his life.

"I don't have too much to say other than I love you guys," he said. "What more can a teacher say?"
    There's a near three minute news clip at the bottom of the article.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    9-Year-Old Hero Saves Parents' Lives Amidst Tornado Tragedy

Today's good news story comes from Dickson, Oklahoma.

A 9-year-old boy in Oklahoma is being hailed as a hero for his courageous actions that saved his parents' lives.

Wayne and Lindy Baker, accompanied by their son Branson, were navigating the treacherous stormy weather, seeking shelter from the impending tornadoes that were ravaging their community.

On the phone with Wayne's brother, Johnny, they never anticipated the horror that awaited them. As they raced towards safety, the tornado hurled their pickup truck into a pile of trees, trapping the family within its wreckage.

Johnny, the horrified witness on the other end of the line, recounted the chilling moments as he heard the tornado's roar engulf their conversation before the line abruptly went silent. "One of the most horrific scenes I've ever seen in my life," he told KTVT/CNN.

Branson was miraculously unharmed and was able to run to get help.

"The only way he found his way back is lightning strikes," Johnny said. "Every time there was a lightning strike, it would light up the road. He ran as fast as he could, as hard as he could. He probably made a mile in 10 minutes. And that's pretty impressive for a little kid."

Branson managed to find help, leading rescuers to his trapped parents, Wayne and Lindy. Despite suffering from severe injuries including broken necks, backs, hands, and ribs, the couple was rescued and transported to the safety of OU Medical Center.

"The last thing Branson told them was 'Mom, Dad, please don't die. I will be back,'" shared Branson's uncle, reflecting the young boy's profound love and courage in the face of adversity.

As the Baker family embarks on the road to recovery, their community rallies around them in support. Recognizing the financial strain imposed by their injuries and inability to work, a GoFundMe campaign has been launched by a friend to aid them during this challenging time.

There's a three and a half minute news clip at the bottom of the article.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    8th Grade Hero Saves Students On School Bus After Driver Suffers Medical Emergency

Today's good news story comes from Glendale, Wisconsin.

A decisive act by an 8th-grade student averted potential disaster when their school bus driver experienced a medical emergency on April 24.

Today, the Glendale School District is formally recognizing Acie Holland III for his heroic actions.

Reflecting on the event, Acie recounted the moment he sensed trouble brewing as the bus started to veer into the oncoming lane.

We were heading down Villard when I noticed the bus veering off course. I glanced up from my phone and saw the driver wasn't moving," Acie recounted. "When she missed my stop and her head drooped, I knew something was wrong."

Without hesitation, Acie leaped into action, maneuvering the driver's foot off the accelerator and slamming the brakes.

"In that moment, fear gripped me, but I knew I had to keep everyone safe," Acie stated. Taking charge, Acie safely brought the bus to a halt, dialed 911, and instructed younger passengers to contact their parents. As the driver regained consciousness, Acie ensured proper communication with dispatch.
    Two minute video at the bottom of the article.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Teen Drives 16 Hours In American Flag Truck To Fulfill Dying Wish Of Oklahoma Boy

Today's good news story comes from Hollis, Oklahoma.

An Indiana teenager drove 16 hours in his American Flag truck to fulfill the dying wish of a 13-year-old cancer-stricken boy in Oklahoma.

Cameron Blasek, 17, gained viral fame for his unwavering patriotism when he refused to remove an American flag from the back of his pickup truck in his high school parking lot. His commitment to the flag led him to have his entire truck wrapped in an American Flag print.

Last Thursday, Cameron received a heartfelt message from a stranger in Hollis, Oklahoma, asking for an extraordinary favor. The message was from the family of Jaxon, a young boy who had been battling cancer since the age of two and a half. Jaxon's final wish was to be taken to his resting place in Cameron's flag-adorned truck.

Without hesitation, Cameron and his father embarked on the 16-hour journey to Oklahoma.

"This is one of those favors you drop everything you thought was important and say yes to without a second thought," Cameron's mother shared on Facebook. "I believe God had a hand in all those little things that worked up to this purpose."

Upon arrival, Cameron and his father not only transported Jaxon to his final resting place but also took him on a sentimental drive around town. For Cameron, every mile and minute spent was immensely meaningful.

"I never expected any of this from the beginning. All I wanted was to fly the flag on the back of my truck, and I'm happy that's what I got. But I'm also happy to help out other people," Cameron expressed.

Reflecting on his initial decision to stand up for his beliefs, Cameron emphasized the unifying power of the American flag.

"Like I said from day one, the flag is a symbol of unity. It's something that everybody can come together on, no matter who you are, what you look like, or where you come from."

There's a two and a half minute new story over this in the link if interested.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Young kid saves family, community rallies to help.

Six-Year-Old Hero Saves Entire Family From Devastating House Fire

On April 4, Olivia was playing outside at a neighbor's house with a friend when she noticed the fire coming from her house.

Realizing the danger her family was in, she bravely ran into the burning house and found her mother, Laura, 29, and her younger siblings, Joel-James, one, and Tiffany, two, asleep on the sofa.

Olivia quickly woke them up and everyone escaped the fire unharmed.

"We can't believe Olivia got Laura out," said Sadie, Olivia's grandmother. "She's six-years-old and ran into a burning building."

According to Laura, the fire started in their next-door neighbor's house and rapidly spread to the roof of their three-bedroom home. Sadly, the structural damage to Laura's house is irreparable. A fire structural engineer assessed the property and confirmed that it needs to be demolished and rebuilt from scratch.

In response to the devastating loss, Laura's former colleagues have set up a fundraising page to support the Patterson family during this challenging time.

Leave a comment:

• 1972Shocker
    replied

Leave a comment:

• WuDrWu
    replied
    Paul lit us up in Tucson a few years ago while still at Air Force. 3-4 with a dinger in a route.

Obviously a high quality young man.

Leave a comment:

• SubGod22
    replied
    Paul Skenes Is Donating $100 To The Gary Sinise Foundation For Every Strikeout

A 23-year-old baseball phenom, fresh off his collegiate successes and now a key prospect for the Pittsburgh Pirates, has announced a pledge that's sure to make a significant impact beyond the ballpark.

Paul Skenes recently took to social media platform X to share his inspiring initiative. He called upon fans, supporters, and fellow athletes to join him in supporting the Gary Sinise Foundation, a renowned organization dedicated to serving and honoring America's veterans and first responders.

"Join me this season as I support the Gary Sinise Foundation in raising funds for our nation's veterans and first responders," Skenes wrote in his post.

"I am personally donating $100 for every strikeout I record this season. Please click the link in my bio to join my mission and make your donation!"

Skenes was a standout athlete during his college years and garnered national attention for his exceptional talent as a pitcher while representing both the Air Force and the LSU Tigers. His final year at LSU was nothing short of legendary, as he shattered records and earned accolades, including the National Pitcher of the Year award and the College World Series Most Outstanding Player title.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X