East Side vs. West Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
    Is B&C Creations still around? Loved that joint.
    Not just still around, but remodeled and expanded. Quite a lot nicer now.

Station 8 BBQ just opened about a 3 iron to the east of B&C. Pretty solid the one time I've had it. VERY, very limited hours though at the moment.

If Wichita has any strengths as contrasted to other cities its size in the central US, one of them has to be BBQ.

Comment

How do you westies feel about finally getting a Red Robin? I believe it opens on Wednesday.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        How do you westies feel about finally getting a Red Robin? I believe it opens on Wednesday.
        I like Red Robin. I don't eat out a lot, but it does add a high level hamburger restaurant to eat at, if that is what is floating our boat on those rare occasions. If I get a take out burger though (which is rare), I'll probably go to the old places that aren't great to eat inside anyway (like Freddies, Bionic Burger or 5 guys)

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          I'll get my old bones there soon. I love their 'bottomless seasoned steak fries' and special dipping sauce... damn, those are good.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

You can get a decent burger and bottomless sides for about the same price as McDonald's nowadays.

Comment

I don't get there often, but I've never been disappointed with RR. I work near the new location and get Chick-fil-A a fair amount for lunch. Might eventually have to stop in at RR instead.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

If people from out of town ask me where to eat that is not a franchise I tell them to go to Red Rock in Bradley fair or Felipes on Woodlawn for Mexican or they can go to Connies on North Broadway. Always enjoyed the Magic Wok for Chinese food but sadly will be closing

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  If people from out of town ask me where to eat that is not a franchise I tell them to go to Red Rock in Bradley fair or Felipes on Woodlawn for Mexican or they can go to Connies on North Broadway. Always enjoyed the Magic Wok for Chinese food but sadly will be closing
                  Connie’s is one of my all-time Wichita favorites; it’s been awhile since I’ve been there. Unfortunately, the ‘new’ generation doesn’t run it quite like Connie did. Savute’s falls into the same category.

Comment

I do love me some Connie's!
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• It's not my cup of tea but the east side is getting something that the west side has had for a little bit.

WBJ - As local fans cheer, HTeaO coming to northeast Wichita

Construction began this month on the northeast side of 21st and 127th St. East for a new store. Albracht is targeting early this fall for completion and opening.

In less than a month, a Facebook page for the east-side location has gained 770 followers, and a separate post from the west location's page has seen a surge of engagement praising the move.

"We were hoping they would be as excited as it seems like they will be," Albracht said.
                      Also sounds like she is looking towards more expansion in the future, but not specifics mentioned. I would guess you'll see one pop up in Derby sometime in 2023.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• No matter how many sweet gadgets we add to the utility belt, the West side will always be Robin and the East side will always be Batman. CURSE YOU MR. KOCH!!!
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                          No matter how many sweet gadgets we add to the utility belt, the West side will always be Robin and the East side will always be Batman. THANK YOU MR. KOCH!!!
                          And don't you ever forget it!
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The westies are finally getting a Crumbl Cookies at New Market soon.

Wichita by EB - Crumbl Cookies is headed to NewMarket Square

If you’ve never heard of Crumbl Cookies, they are a cookie chain based out of Utah. They specialize in big huge cookies the size of craters on the moon. They have a very simple menu of rotating of 120+ cookies flavors that typically rotate weekly. Their flavors are inspired by desserts of all kinds – from pies to cakes to candies and more.
                            I really just wanted an excuse to revive this thread.

And who doesn't love Crumbl?
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              The westies are finally getting a Crumbl Cookies at New Market soon.

Wichita by EB - Crumbl Cookies is headed to NewMarket Square

I really just wanted an excuse to revive this thread.

And who doesn't love Crumbl?
                              Never had a "Crumb" cookie, but I've had some "crumblies you crumb".

Comment

• THE best item at LJS

Comment

Working...
                                X