No announcement yet.

East Side vs. West Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The West Side is getting a new entertainment district?

Eagle - New entertainment district coming to west Wichita, starting with this business

There’s a new entertainment complex coming to the west side that’s not only a three-in-one business but also is the first of a planned collection of entertainment-related businesses at Estancia Plaza.

“There is a definite need for that in west Wichita,” said Estancia developer Marv Schellenberg.

Ray Baty, who spent 42 years with Joma Bowling Co., is opening a 32-lane bowling center with a large arcade and sports bar and grill at the northeast corner of K-96 and Ridge Road. He’s calling it the Ridge.

Emerson Biggin’s and Hurricane Sports Grill owner Luis “Big Lou” Lopez II is consulting on the project and plans to come on board to operate the restaurant.

“I think it’s going to come together very nicely at the end of the day,” he said.
    It will be nice for a lot of people to have a good bowling alley that's not owned and operated by Bowlero Corp. They seem to have jacked up prices at the three alley's they purchased last year and I know a lot of parents or casual bowlers that were pretty put off by the new pricing.

It will be interesting to see what else pops up out there off of 96.

Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
    X