East Side vs. West Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Yeah right. East siders drink beer? I think not. Only the finest caviar and Dom Perignon...
    They don't always drink beer, but when they do it must be pretentious like Stella Artois.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Sit back and in your mind compare the lighting inside of Towne East with that of Towne West. That pretty much summarizes the east vs west reality.
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Sit back and in your mind compare the lighting inside of Towne East with that of Towne West. That pretty much summarizes the east vs west reality.

Comment

The Eastsiders eat apples and pecans in their chicken salad

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
            The Eastsiders eat apples and pecans in their chicken salad
            Also on occasion, dusted with curry powder & even gold leaf flake.

Comment

Grew up in the Twin Lakes area when it was brand spankin new and spent 5 years on the east coast. Got married and lived at 113th and 1st for 30 years. Wife passed and married a woman that lived in Rockwood and lived there for 15 years. Now live in Andover. Driving into work from the west was always a beyatch. New Market is much better than Towne East (notice they put an "E" on town to class it up. Noting beats Timbuktu or the Oasis for burgers. Still travel to Merle's every Friday evening for beer and bar food. Used to be I could get to just about anyplace in 20 minutes which now is closer to 30but it's still an easy commute except at work traffic levels. All restaurants are busy once again so the adage that Wichitan's would prefer to eat out than at home still rings true. The worst thing I can say about the west side is they are a defensive group and shouldn't be and the east think they are better but aren't . West side has better/sandy soil while the east has real nice clay. Trust me on this because I have put in yards and gardens on both sides and prefer the west hands down. All in all I like the diversity that is Wichita.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Grew up in the Twin Lakes area when it was brand spankin new and spent 5 years on the east coast. Got married and lived at 113th and 1st for 30 years. Wife passed and married a woman that lived in Rockwood and lived there for 15 years. Now live in Andover. Driving into work from the west was always a beyatch. New Market is much better than Towne East (notice they put an "E" on town to class it up. Noting beats Timbuktu or the Oasis for burgers. Still travel to Merle's every Friday evening for beer and bar food. Used to be I could get to just about anyplace in 20 minutes which now is closer to 30but it's still an easy commute except at work traffic levels. All restaurants are busy once again so the adage that Wichitan's would prefer to eat out than at home still rings true. The worst thing I can say about the west side is they are a defensive group and shouldn't be and the east think they are better but aren't . West side has better/sandy soil while the east has real nice clay. Trust me on this because I have put in yards and gardens on both sides and prefer the west hands down. All in all I like the diversity that is Wichita.
                Re: E vs W soils/yards.

You could pretty much fall arse backwards into a nice fescue lawn out west. Same goes for well drilling. If you don't have a nice fescue lawn as a westsider I have to wonder just how lazy you might be.

On the east side, wells aren't a thing (for the most part) and the friggin' clay makes it a nightmare to try and have a nice lawn. If you see a really nice fescue lawn out east it is because the person living there has no weekend hobbies outside of manicuring their lawn.

Sandy west soil is also massively better for basements and foundations, as opposed to expanive clay out east.

So ring two more up for the west side KungWu. We'll just ignore the fact that still just makes it like 132 points for the east, but now moves from like 40 to 42 for the west.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                  If you don't have a nice fescue lawn as a westsider I have to wonder just how lazy you might be.

Sandy west soil is also massively better for basements and foundations, as opposed to expanive clay out east.

So ring two more up for the west side KungWu. We'll just ignore the fact that still just makes it like 132 points for the east, but now moves from like 40 to 42 for the west.
                  Plush grass means you have to mow more often and I HATE lawn mowing and/or paying for lawn care. I wish my grass would die and stay dead. We'll call that one a draw.

But yeah, driving on east-side unpaved roads of gumbo after a nasty rain sucks!

Comment

There are unpaved roads on the east side?
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                      There are unpaved roads on the east side?
                      Well I heard if the roads aren't lined with gold, the east siders consider them unpaved.

Comment

So in terms of soil, the east consists of a lot of fudgepackers?
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

When my wife and I move from Wichita I lived on the west side and worked just east of downtown. Drove into the sun going to work and and going home. Hated the 2X a year time change. I grew up right in town, Irving Elementary, Horace Mann Jr High and North Sr High and always preferred the west side. Spent many hours running through the parks along the river (Oak, Sims, Riverside) in high school and college.

Comment

Another BuCo kid here and I bought a house in Midtown. Riverside is the best but was a little too pricey. East Side and West Side are both cookie cutter nightmares for the most part. If there’s an East and West location of a store I’m usually 15 minutes away from either and I’ll go West just because it’s less traffic.

Comment

Found a damned near perfect (for us) house in riverside that came for sale Friday afternoon. Before we could get to Wichita Saturday it was already sold.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric View Post
                                Found a damned near perfect (for us) house in riverside that came for sale Friday afternoon. Before we could get to Wichita Saturday it was already sold.
                                That is an agent not allowing a long enough market exposure time in order to garner the best and highest offer. Who knows, that could have been your number.

When you are buying and/or selling a house, make absolutely sure you have hired an experienced agent with your best interests in mind. The vast majority don't even come close, in spite of their lip service. The barriers to entry for the field are hilariously low, so the amateurs outnumber the actual tenured professionals by a massive margin. The true professionals in the field are worth the money (say 5-10% of them), the rest are folks with weak resumes, education levels and work histories who took a month's worth of weekend classes and passed a multiple choice test. That's the dead honest truth.

Comment

Working...
                                X