East Side vs. West Side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
    Another BuCo kid here and I bought a house in Midtown. Riverside is the best but was a little too pricey. East Side and West Side are both cookie cutter nightmares for the most part. If there’s an East and West location of a store I’m usually 15 minutes away from either and I’ll go West just because it’s less traffic.
    Every neighborhood, save for really expensive stuff, is "cookie cutter" to its time and place.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post

Re: E vs W soils/yards.

You could pretty much fall arse backwards into a nice fescue lawn out west. Same goes for well drilling. If you don't have a nice fescue lawn as a westsider I have to wonder just how lazy you might be.

On the east side, wells aren't a thing (for the most part) and the friggin' clay makes it a nightmare to try and have a nice lawn. If you see a really nice fescue lawn out east it is because the person living there has no weekend hobbies outside of manicuring their lawn.

Sandy west soil is also massively better for basements and foundations, as opposed to expanive clay out east.

So ring two more up for the west side KungWu. We'll just ignore the fact that still just makes it like 132 points for the east, but now moves from like 40 to 42 for the west.
      Johnson grass and crab grass is green too.
      People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
        Johnson grass and crab grass is green too.
        Bet Bluegrass grows into a country club yard just by looking at it up where you are. Of course that's for only like five months of the year.

Comment

Bet Bluegrass grows into a country club yard just by looking at it up where you are. Of course that's for only like five months of the year.
          Arctic fescue is the choice. The blends have a small % of bluegrass iirc.
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

When Pigs Fly out west is the best BBQ in the county. We have that going for us. And they have burnt ends this week only!! Just bought a pound!
            Kung Wu say, man making mistake in elevator wrong on many levels.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              When Pigs Fly out west is the best BBQ in the county. We have that going for us. And they have burnt ends this week only!! Just bought a pound!
              You think it beats PIPO (not really "east side").

Comment

You think it beats PIPO (not really "east side").
                100%, yes.

However I was a fan of PIPO too. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

100%, yes.

However I was a fan of PIPO too. RIP.
                  PIPO took care of their tax problems and are open again. 11 am to 6 pm Tuesday through Saturday I believe.
                  Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

PIPO took care of their tax problems and are open again. 11 am to 6 pm Tuesday through Saturday I believe.
                    Good to know!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post

The fewer hours a BBQ place is open, the better they are. That's why R&S with their roughly 12 hours a week schedule will never be topped.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post

The fewer hours a BBQ place is open, the better they are. That's why R&S with their roughly 12 hours a week schedule will never be topped.
                        "Don't be late, we close at 8!"
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

R&S was great!
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

R & S was fantastic. Scotties downtown was pretty good to. He was the S of R & S.

Comment

Is B&C Creations still around? Loved that joint.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
                                Is B&C Creations still around? Loved that joint.
                                Yes. At Third and Washington

Comment

Working...
                                X