MLB 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

The most hilarious thing (not in the video) was the dude from Seattle coming back out of the dugout and throwing an entire crate of peanuts on the field.
    I didn't see that in any of the videos. There's the Angels player in the video I posted throwing a thing full of sunflower seeds around the 9:40 mark, with a better shot of it around 11:30.

FYI - another good break down of the brawl is by Jomboy at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFUawXZhnlc
    Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; June 27, 2022, 04:46 PM.
    Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Jomboy has some good videos.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

A close-up view of the brawl -

Comment

The Royals will get to see how another of their top young guys, Vinnie Pasquantino, does in the majors. He's been playing well in AAA with 18 homers already, but plays first base and didn't have a chance yet with Carlos Santana on the Royals roster. But the Royals traded Santana to the Mariners for a couple right handed pitchers and also called up Vinnie. Hopefully he can play as well as Witt Jr and Melendez.

Comment

I'm excited for Vinnie P. He's been killing the ball in Omaha.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
              The Royals will get to see how another of their top young guys, Vinnie Pasquantino, does in the majors. He's been playing well in AAA with 18 homers already, but plays first base and didn't have a chance yet with Carlos Santana on the Royals roster. But the Royals traded Santana to the Mariners for a couple right handed pitchers and also called up Vinnie. Hopefully he can play as well as Witt Jr and Melendez.
              Paisan!

Comment

Some Royals things -

- Vinnie P made his MLB debut on Tuesday night as the DH. Went 0-4 with 2 ground outs and 2 fiy outs. At least he made contact vs just standing there and watched the 3rd strike like some of the players. He's a big guy - 6' 4 and 245 lbs - and you really notice it when the catcher and umpire aren't that big.

- Royals have a couple games coming up on Peacock - July 3 and July 17 - and both start at 11 am cst. I'm not sure if the mlb games that Peacock stream are part of the free package or are only on a paid plan. Also, Bally Sports Plus has a 7 day free trial, but the all-star break is from July 18-21, so at this point you might wait until after the break if you want to try it.

- at the beginning of the season, the Royals did a university night where they gave away jersey tops for either KU or Missouri. At the time, that was the only university night they had planned for the season. They've since added a couple nights in July - one for Nebraska and one for K-State. Hopefully they add one in August for Wichita State. Instead of giving away hats and caps like in the past, they're giving away a jersey top with Royals on the front and something related to the university on the back. You can see the ones for July at https://www.mlb.com/royals/tickets/specials
                Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; June 29, 2022, 11:12 AM.

Comment

Some A's things

Eagle - Agency clears way for Oakland Athletics $12B ballpark plan

The San Francisco Bay Conservation and Development Commission voted 23-2 to reclassify a 56-acre terminal at the Port of Oakland as a mixed-use area where a new ballpark could be built. The vote is the first in a series of legal hurdles the team would have to overcome before it gets permission to break ground for the project.

The commission followed the recommendation of its staff, which found the team demonstrated removing the terminal from port use “would not detract from the region’s capability to handle the projected growth in cargo.”
                  Erin Wright, a third-generation longshoreman and member of ILWU Local 10, said the maritime community opposes the project because it would interfere with the shipping and receiving of cargo.

“Everyone with a working brain knows that the building of houses in an industrial zone is going to have a huge negative impact on all operations and lead to a downturn and degradation of our seaports,” he said.

“Our port is busier than it’s been in my 33 years. We need (Howard Terminal) for operations. We are using it, we have been using it every day,” he added.
                  The A's have also been scouting property in Vegas.

Their current stadium deal is up in '24.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                    Some A's things

Eagle - Agency clears way for Oakland Athletics $12B ballpark plan

The A's have also been scouting property in Vegas.

Their current stadium deal is up in '24.
                    Bring the A's back to KC - Kansas City, Kansas that is :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                      This could probably go in other threads as well, but I'll put it here. The Wichita Eagle has an article online where the Wind Surge is adding a 8% charge to everything. The team says it'll be used to fund development around the stadium. The link is at https://www.kansas.com/news/politics...260216915.html

Here are some parts from the article:
                      Just a followup on this post from page 1 - a few days ago the Wind Surge decided to drop the 8% surcharge. They said it was because of inflation and rising costs - https://www.kwch.com/2022/06/23/wind...front-stadium/

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post

Just a followup on this post from page 1 - a few days ago the Wind Surge decided to drop the 8% surcharge. They said it was because of inflation and rising costs - https://www.kwch.com/2022/06/23/wind...front-stadium/
                        I refused to go to Wind Surge games this year based on their surcharge. Why should I pay an extra 8% to help a multi-millionaire develop and profit even more from the area around the ballpark. This was a pure greed play. I’m not sure if I will go back or not. They used up every bit of goodwill I had for them with this fiasco.
                        Go Shocks!

Comment

• The KC Royals were in the news quite a bit the last couple days because they have a series starting tonight in Toronto. Canada requires visiting players to have the covid vaccination, so there are 10 players from the Royals team not going due to not being vaccinated. Here's the list from an ESPN article at https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/...ue-jays-series

Outfielder Andrew Benintendi, super-utilityman Whit Merrifield, catcher MJ Melendez, first baseman/outfielder Hunter Dozier, right-hander Brad Keller, right-hander Brady Singer, center fielder Michael A. Taylor, outfielder Kyle Isbel, reliever Dylan Coleman and catcher Cam Gallagher.

Based on a KC Star article, it sounds like maybe there are some players not happy with the 10 - https://www.kansascity.com/sports/sp...263459338.html - and the article also mentions how Merrifield said in the ESPN piece regarding getting vaccinated - "If something happens and I happen to get on a team that has a chance to go play in Canada in the postseason, maybe that changes."

Merrifield, Benintendi, and Taylor have all been mentioned as possible trade candidates to other teams over the last couple weeks, so it'll be interesting to see what happens. Sounds like there could be chemistry issues with the team over all this and it may be good to get Merrifield onto another team.

The Royals are calling up players from the minors to fill out the roster, including one of their top prospects, Nick Pratto, so it'll be interesting to see how he does.

Comment

• Pratto is in the starting lineup which is exciting. Can't wait for Twitter to tell me how he does tonight.

Also, Canada is stupid.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                              Pratto is in the starting lineup which is exciting. Can't wait for Twitter to tell me how he does tonight.

Also, Canada is stupid.
                              If you have a paid subscription to Peacock, the Sunday game on July 17 will be streaming on it.

Comment

• I don't. I've pretty much given up on watching the Royals. Frees up my time for other shows and activities. I kind of miss it, but it is what it is. I've gotten use to just following updates. Kind of like the Shockers as a kid in the 90s. Rarely saw them on TV but I'd make sure to grab the sports page and see how things went. Now I have Twitter and FB for updates.
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X