No announcement yet.

MLB 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fan reaction on these jerseys have been very mixed. A lot of fans don't like the navy blue usage. That design on royal blue might be more popular.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
      Fan reaction on these jerseys have been very mixed. A lot of fans don't like the navy blue usage. That design on royal blue might be more popular.
      I like the design, hate the navy blue.
      Go Shocks!

Comment

If you had Mondesi getting hurt during the 15th game of the season on April 26th you would be a winner. In the 6th inning of tonight's game vs the White Sox he left the game with "left knee discomfort". Below is a video of where it looked like maybe he did something before leaving the game - https://twitter.com/Mike_Kurland/sta...21894087311360

Hopefully it's minor, but you never know given Mondesi's luck with injuries. It was a cold night in Chicago too with temps in the 40's and a strong wind. Going to be the same Wednesday night, so they moved that game up to an afternoon games starting at 1:10 pm cst on Wednesday.
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Here's a good video showing the PitchCom equipment that catchers wear. If you want to see how it works and hear it, skip to about 2:20 in the video - https://twitter.com/BallySportsKC/st...18008791449600

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
            Court Denies Yankees’ Appeal to Keep Sign-Stealing Letter Sealed - https://www.si.com/mlb/2022/04/21/co...-letter-sealed

The Yankees have been trying to block the release of a letter they received from the commissioner regarding cheating that's been part of a lawsuit, but a judge on Thursday said the letter can be made public and it's expected to be released in the next couple weeks. People are wondering what's in the letter because the Yankees have been trying hard to keep it sealed.
            Looks like the letter has been leaked - https://sny.tv/articles/yankees-letter-revealed The article has a lot of information, but here are the bullet points part:

• The letter does not implicate the Yankees in a sign-stealing scheme similar to the one for which the Houston Astros were punished, when batters received the signs in real time without the help of a runner on second base.
            • It does reveal -- as SNY has previously reported it would -- that the Yanks used the video replay room in 2015 and 2016 to decode sign sequences and pass them to a runner on second base, who would then relay them to the batter.
            • The Yankees received a fine of $100,000 for improper use of the dugout phone, a previously unreported amount.
            • The letter clears the Yankees of using YES Network cameras to steal signs, which the Red Sox alleged.
            • The letter does not accuse the Yankees of sign-stealing after the crucial date of Sept. 15, 2017, when Manfred announced that from that day forward electronic sign stealing would be subject to more severe punishments. In fact, the letter does not accuse the team of stealing signs at any point during the 2017 season.
            The Astros and Red Sox were later punished for real time, electronic sign stealing after 9/15/17. Boston relayed sign sequences to runners on second base during the 2018 season, when they won the World Series. Houston, according to sources with direct knowledge, participated in real-time electronic sign stealing with no runners on base during the 2017 World Series, which they won.

Comment

Given how the Tigers and White Sox play defense, the Royals may have a good chance of winning quite a few games against them this year. The Twins were hosting the Tigers last night and won in a wild play in the bottom of the 9th when the Tigers through the game away -

Comment

A little base-brawl in St Louis after up and in pitch. Not much to it other than one throw down and mostly the ole hold-me-back type stuff. In the 2nd video below, one of the Cardinals pitchers jumps over the bullpen fence instead of using the bullpen door like everyone else :)

https://twitter.com/BallySportsMW/st...12957721022467

https://twitter.com/BallySportsMW/st...13332666732544

Comment

Mondesi out indefinitely with an ACL tear in his left knee.

Comment

Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                    Mondesi out indefinitely with an ACL tear in his left knee.
                    My 95 game hope for him did not age well, quickly. He is a free agent next year. I wish him the best, but I hope the Royals move on from him.
                    Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerDropOut View Post

My 95 game hope for him did not age well, quickly. He is a free agent next year. I wish him the best, but I hope the Royals move on from him.
                      Looks like he's probably done for the year - he told trainers he heard a "pop" when it happened, which is never good. Will probably need surgery and be out recuperating.

Great defensive player and base stealer, but his batting was woeful this year. One of the two players they called up yesterday paid dividends by knocking in a couple runs in the 10th yesterday to help get the win.

Comment

Bobby Witt Jr was involved in a play last night vs the Yankees where he was called out and Matheny got ejected for arguing the call. Witt was on 2nd and looked like he was going to steal 3rd but the pitcher saw it and turned around and threw toward 2nd. Witt went ahead and took off to 3rd anyway and slid into 3rd with the Yankee player in pursuit who tagged Witt as they both slid past 3rd. The ump called Witt out and Matheny argued the Yankee pushed him off the base. The game was on AppleTv, so the announcers in the video below aren't the KC ones, and at first it looks like Witt slid past, but when you get to about the 50 second mark and they show it it looks like he was pushed off the base. Matheny's ejection follows that in the video. Not sure why the Yankee player decided to chase Witt vs just throwing it to the guy on 3rd to tag him.

Game was close through the 7th - 3-2 - but then the Yankees got to the Royals bullpen and put up 4 runs in the 7th and 5 more in the 8th. Storms moved in after the 8th and the game was called.

Comment

You're not chasing down Witt.

I belive the next pitch was a base hit that would have scored Bobby.

I'd have argued that call if I were manager too.

**** the Yankees
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

He had the base in hand until the defensive player pushed him off. And I agree, **** the Yankees!
                            Go Shocks!

Comment

The Yankees were playing in Toronto last night and Aaron Judge hit a home run. A Toronto fan caught it and then gave the ball to a young Yankees and Judge fan behind him:

another view of the young guy's reaction:

Comment

Do we have video of the DB that took Bobby Witt's first MLB HR and threw it into the fountains?
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Working...
                                X