MLB 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And the Royals beat the Blow Jays.

There were three replacement players in the KC lineup: Pratto, Eaton and Rivero. Combined, they went 1-10 with 1 BB and 5 Ks. Eaton was the only one with a hit, getting his first home run. Pratto got the walk and 3 of the strikeouts.

The other six players went 11 for 23, including a Witt Jr HR.

I would like to see Pratto see a little success this weekend.

I know Zerpa isn't a Canada-Is-Stupid replacement, but that was a decent outing for just his 3rd MLB appearance.

Comment

• I'm high on Pratto. Striking out 3 times isn't like him, but I'm guessing game one nerves in the majors might get you a little off your game.

Still remember watching him at Riverfront and while he only ended up with one hit that game, every time he made contact it just sounded different. He just hit some really hard balls right at people. On top of that, he's a Gold Glove caliber first baseman who could be a huge piece of any future Royals success. Hopefully his next game goes a little better.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• It's the all-star break time for the MLB. At the break, the Yankees have the best record in baseball, the Nationals have the worst, and for the first time ever, every team in a division, in this case the AL East, is at .500 or above at the break.

If the season ended today, the playoffs would consist of the Yankees, Astros, Twins, Rays, Mariners, and Blue Jays, in the AL, and Dodgers, Mets, Brewers, Braves, Padres, and Phillies in hte NL.

Full standings can be found at https://www.mlb.com/standings/2022-07-18 and if you click on the Wild Card link at the top, it shows division winners and where the rest of the teams are in terms of the wildcard races.

Also, last night was start of the MLB draft - https://www.mlb.com/draft/tracker/2022/all/round/1 - with the overall 1st pick being Jackson Holliday from Stillwater HS in Oklahoma. His dad, Matt, played for several years in the majors. Jackson has committed to play at Oklahoma State, where his uncle, Josh Holliday, is the head coach.
        Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

• Here's an interesting article that compares the cost of going to a MLB game at each ballpark for a family of four - https://thehustle.co/americas-favori...-out-of-reach/ They factor in the cost of tickets, drinks, food, and parking. Fenway park is the most expensive and Chase Park in Arizona the least expensive. The article also looks at how much it costs to go to a movie or to Disneyland and compares the cost to what it was like in 1960.

Comment

• Baseball Super-agent Scott Boras said the Nats contract bid to outfielder Juan Soto “wasn't in the range of consideration.” he offer was 440 MILLION dollars.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
              Baseball Super-agent Scott Boras said the Nats contract bid to outfielder Juan Soto “wasn't in the range of consideration.” he offer was 440 MILLION dollars.
              I despise Boras as much as the next guy, but that’s a bit misleading. $440m sounds like a lot, but over 15 years, that’s not quite $30m per year, which really isn’t that much (all things being relative…yes, I know that even a tenth of that would be life-changing for all of us).

78-65

Comment

• you think 44 million would be life changing?

Comment

• I am a little surprised that on a web site that has a annual Cone of Shame website that no one (I think) has mentioned Get Smart.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                    Here's an interesting article that compares the cost of going to a MLB game at each ballpark for a family of four - https://thehustle.co/americas-favori...-out-of-reach/ They factor in the cost of tickets, drinks, food, and parking. Fenway park is the most expensive and Chase Park in Arizona the least expensive. The article also looks at how much it costs to go to a movie or to Disneyland and compares the cost to what it was like in 1960.
                    I don't know where anybody is parking within 5 miles of Petco Park in San Diego for $14 on game days. That is straight up BS. They tried to hit me up for $50 last game I went to. Having said that, you can park in Old Town or several other places and take the trolley right to the park for $5.
                    Last edited by MikeKennedyRulZ; July 25, 2022, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Big day in MLB as it's trade deadline day. Clubs have until 5 pm central time to do trades. Here are some of the more interesting trades so far today:

Juan Soto - the #1 trade target has been traded from the Nationals to the Padres

Eric Hosmer - has been traded from the Padres to the Red Sox (that means he'll be at the K later this week with the Red Sox), Hosmer was mentioned as possibly being traded to the Nats as part of the Soto trade, but he could veto certain teams to be traded to and the Nats were one of them

Joey Gallo - traded from the Yankees to the Dodgers, been struggling offensively and the Yankees picked up Benintendi from the Royals last week to replace him, will be interesting to see if he can do better in LA

Rumors are that pitches Barlow, Staumont, and Keller from the Royals may be on the trading block, along with position players Dozier, Merrifield, and Taylor. Some thought Zach Greinke would be traded but it looks like KC isn't interested in trading him.
                      Last edited by Ted Lasso's Neighbor; August 2, 2022, 02:12 PM.

Comment

• I've heard rumors that part of Zach coming back is that he wants to finish his career here. I'm not sure if he specifically has a no trade clause or not, but it sounds like he and the Royals are on the same page about keeping him here.
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                          I've heard rumors that part of Zach coming back is that he wants to finish his career here. I'm not sure if he specifically has a no trade clause or not, but it sounds like he and the Royals are on the same page about keeping him here.
                          Correct, he’s the ‘mentor’ to the young pitching staff.
                          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Correct, he’s the ‘mentor’ to the young pitching staff.
                            I know he's an odd duck, but having a future Hall of Famer around to mentor some of the young guys isn't the worst thing.
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Merrifield will have to get vaccinated as he's been traded to the Toronto Blue Jays.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ted Lasso's Neighbor View Post
                                Merrifield will have to get vaccinated as he's been traded to the Toronto Blue Jays.
                                I had always liked Whit, until the vaccination comment. Don't let the door hit ya on the way out.

​​​
                                Go Shocks!

Comment

Working...
                                X