No announcement yet.

2022 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a huge Tiger fan although he has no peer ever in the game of golf. His skill set transcends all that have come before him. Just hard to root for a guy with a personal history that he has plus I just don’t like how he has treated the media and galleries over his career.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post

Fred Ridley gives his best to you but politely said Fu Wu. I kind of paraphrased it.
      I'll take that as a maybe?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

I just got off the course.
        Which player should I follow on "My Group", in order to get the crustiest sailor-mouth commentary?

Comment

I don't want to hear "aww man" or "shoot". I want the full, four lettered foul-mouth expletive experience on my unfiltered, live Masters feed.

Comment

Well my habit of ruining every single person and/or team I root for continues. Sorrrrrrry guys. Might fault. Again.

Comment

Tiger looks to be in pain to me when he swings.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                Tiger looks to be in pain to me when he swings.
                There's little doubt he is hurting and limited physically at this point.

Just my .02 (admittedly worthless) on Tiger. In the golfing world, I find Phil far more annoying than Tiger when it comes to how they treat the media/fans.

Tiger isn't perfect. And I despise driving impaired probably more than most. Tiger's a hell of a lot more perfect, in general, than I am or most people I know (perhaps I need to hang out with a better group of people IDK) and I'll take what he's done for kids to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars raised by him or on his behalf and gladly forgive the missteps elsewhere.

Much like Gregg, but on a much larger scale, Tiger has been a huge net plus for humanity. I'd happily take several more Tiger Woods.

And he's the best golfer of all time, Jack is 2nd, and it's not particularly close in my mind, and it's even further back to whomever you think occupies the #3 spot.

Comment

Don't look now!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Don't look now!
                    I thought Tiger got a really bad break on 15. Coming off birdies at 13 & 14, he absolutely nutted his 2nd to the 15th. Instead of being about 1 yard less, it jumped over the back edge, leaving a tricky chip which he ran by the hole, leaving himself about 20 feet for birdie. 2 putts later and he had a par that he didn't deserve. If that borderline perfect approach with his fairway metal lands just a hair shorter, it kicks left and he's got maybe 15 feet, at the most, straight up hill for eagle, and it's ON. He also missed an incredibly easy about 10 footer for birdie on 16.

He did save par on 17 with a fairly routine 2 putt from about 35 feet. Grinding like hell trying to get back to even par for the tournament but will need a birdie on 18 to make that happen.

Comment

Need to rename this thread to "Tiger at the Masters"

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Which player should I follow on "My Group", in order to get the crustiest sailor-mouth commentary?
                        I heard Cameron Smith say **** if that helps.

Comment

I heard Cameron Smith say **** if that helps.
                          He said Jeff *******?

Comment

Tiger is doing about as expected. He is the greatest ever, but I've never really rooted for him. I get that he is the main event, just get tired of all the salivating over him.

I have been an avid golf fan long before he came along, so maybe that's why I am less enthralled with him all the time. I would say that half the people that watch golf are only fans because of him. And a lot are just morons who have no idea about the game and how good every one of these players are.

The difference is that Woods mentally is superior to all. I think Jack probably is on par, but it's so hard to compare. Jack's time was different in so many ways, but would love to see them on equal age, course, equipment, etc.

I love to watch golf, I just hate most of the announcers. And when Tiger is playing, it's the little things that annoy me. For instance, the leaderboard format is always in order of score and then who has finished the most holes if tied, but Tiger is always listed 1st instead of most completed. I know why, but it's just annoying (I know, dumb). And when he makes a great shot it's the greatest shot ever, but if you watch enough golf, you see great shots by all the players, but for Tiger, they act like it's never been seem before. His personal stuff I don't really care about. I think he's a fine person given all the goo-gooing over him all the time. Definitely has handled it better than most.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
                              Tiger is doing about as expected. He is the greatest ever, but I've never really rooted for him. I get that he is the main event, just get tired of all the salivating over him.

I have been an avid golf fan long before he came along, so maybe that's why I am less enthralled with him all the time. I would say that half the people that watch golf are only fans because of him. And a lot are just morons who have no idea about the game and how good every one of these players are.

The difference is that Woods mentally is superior to all. I think Jack probably is on par, but it's so hard to compare. Jack's time was different in so many ways, but would love to see them on equal age, course, equipment, etc.

I love to watch golf, I just hate most of the announcers. And when Tiger is playing, it's the little things that annoy me. For instance, the leaderboard format is always in order of score and then who has finished the most holes if tied, but Tiger is always listed 1st instead of most completed. I know why, but it's just annoying (I know, dumb). And when he makes a great shot it's the greatest shot ever, but if you watch enough golf, you see great shots by all the players, but for Tiger, they act like it's never been seem before. His personal stuff I don't really care about. I think he's a fine person given all the goo-gooing over him all the time. Definitely has handled it better than most.
                              So clearly you don't know anything and your judgement is impaired by your blind jealousy. I forgive you.

Comment

It’s championship Sunday. I will be the one in the green hat and shirt with a beer in my hand. Cheers…come on Scottie, bring it home.

Comment

Working...
                                X