2022 Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Masters

Tiger teed off about an hour ago. Hit a bad drive on 1 but managed a 10 footer for par. Since then, basically every shot has been safe, and exactly where he planned to put it.

His preparation is unreal. The man cannot squat down to read a putt. He's clearly permanently damaged, and I imagine if he were so inclined, could (or maybe is) defined disabled for the purposes of getting a parking sticker, disability payments (if he didn't make a kabillion dollars a year already) etc. Anyway, he's clearly testing his ability to get around the course and see if he can make an entire round and then how he feels tomorrow. But he has a plan, he's following it, and on a day that appears to be extremely difficult to score, he's even after 4 (should be even after 5 in a minute) and outside of a tough putt at 1, hasn't been stressed yet.

He's still as dangerous as anyone in the game, playing on half a leg.

GO TIGER!!!!
    Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The course is brutal 4-7. BRUTAL. Tiger made an easy par at 4. Hit 2 perfect shots to 5 then as he was walking in his birdie, saw it lip out. Then on 6 damn near hit it in the hole and had a 2 foot tap in for birdie. 1 under after 6 but in trouble off the tee on the difficult 7.

From the trees, he hit a brilliant shot just before the green side bunkers giving him a chance at par. Chips to 18" and taps in for par. -1 thru 7. Tied for 3rd, one back early.
      Last edited by WuDrWu; April 7, 2022, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Unbelievable that Tiger is able to walk a golf course much less play in the freaking Master's a little over a year after nearly having his leg taken off. Dude is not human. About the only other person I can think of with that amount of drive would be MJ.

Comment

Next half hour or so will be interesting at least. Tiger made a bad 6 at the par 5 eighth, in great shape after 2 took 4 to get down. Then on the 9th tee box, clearly irritated with his bogey on 8, you just knew a severe case of redass was settling in and he got aggressive with the tee shot and came over the top, wincing, and pulled it into the next clearing. He's in bad shape position wise, but appears to be in some pain. Whether it's the leg or the back it's not clear yet, but he's definitely struggling. He did get a decent lie and has a chance to fire at the green.

Comment

I will be there championship Sunday. Am part of 16 guys renting a house near Augusta. The area has had 5 inches of rain in last 2 days. I just got off the course. Heading to the theatre room in our rented house to watch the rest of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
              I will be there championship Sunday. Am part of 16 guys renting a house near Augusta. The area has had 5 inches of rain in last 2 days. I just got off the course. Heading to the theatre room in our rented house to watch the rest of the day.
              Lucky! Enjoy it man. On my bucket list for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post

Lucky! Enjoy it man. On my bucket list for sure.
                I went in 1996. Tiger had just turned pro and didn’t make the cut, but he won in ‘97 (by 12 strokes). Definitely a ‘once in a lifetime’ experience.
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Watch Tiger's recovery on 14 (old school Tiger swing) from the pine straw and tell me Tiger's leg doesn't look like it's about to snap in half as he comes through the ball. He didn't get up and down and falls back to even par.

Both his bogies are ones you would never expect him to make. Probably should be -2 or -3 on the day.

Comment

Brilliant 71 for Tiger. 3 off the lead. I'm guessing if his name isn't Tiger, if he's not dead, he's crippled for life.

Amazing athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Brilliant 71 for Tiger. 3 off the lead. I'm guessing if his name isn't Tiger, if he's not dead, he's crippled for life.

Amazing athlete.
                      Seriously. Sheer will and determination. Unreal.

Comment

A pretty good golfer and happy for his post accident comeback. Not quite Ben Hogan feat but pretty impressive.
                        Is Tiger close to being on the Mount Rushmore of pro golfers
                        Jones, Nicklaus certainly. 2-4 others besides Tiger?

Comment

Originally posted by Veritas View Post
                          A pretty good golfer and happy for his post accident comeback. Not quite Ben Hogan feat but pretty impressive.
                          Is Tiger close to being on the Mount Rushmore of pro golfers
                          Jones, Nicklaus certainly. 2-4 others besides Tiger?
                          He is absolutely on the Mt. Rushmore. No doubt at all!!! Tied for first in most PGA wins, second in majors, completely reinvented the game and brought in a new younger audience. Probably the first one on there.

Comment

I think he meant "who else should be on Mt. Tiger?" Jones, Arnie, and Nicklaus
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                              I think he meant "who else should be on Mt. Tiger?" Jones, Arnie, and Nicklaus
                              Ah, in that case my votes go to Tiger, Jack, Snead, Arnie. Jones is a really close 5th.

Comment

Working...
                              X