Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And he found this cool one too:

Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• At the end of video two, I know you are chanting "USA! USA! USA!"

Comment

• Last post until now was June 21 - tells you the dynamic weather that has been SC Kansas this year.

Last gasp of severe weather may be Thursday/Friday. I won't be surprised if the threat disappears though. The models continue to be more progressive with this storm and to move the rain east of the turnpike. But we should get something.

Severe.jpg

Comment

• Not local, but anyone paying attention to Snowmaggedon in the greater Buffalo area?

One of the fun things about cutting the cord is exploring a variety of apps like The News On App. I've been watching the local Buffalo news on and off the last couple of days.

"At the Buffalo airport they've only received about a foot of snow so that's good news."

The basic lake effect band of snow is about 170 miles long but no more than 25 miles wide at the widest. Can you imagine, for instance, getting 6-12 inches of snow in downtown and west Wichita, but Eastborough gets 2 feet and Andover has FORTY SIX INCHES so far, because that's the greater Hamburg and Eden areas of the GBA. And they're expecting snow through the night for sure....we'll see what Saturday brings.

The drone footage from Downtown Buffalo is really cool. You can see the line of snow, where everything is just a white sheet. Probably not that cool to be in it. 2 deaths reported due to shoveling (heart attacks) and at least 1 building collapse in Hamburg, probably due to the weight of the snow.

There is a travel ban in most of Erie county and I give the residents credit. The footage of the highways looked like a scene from Night of the Comet. Completely barren.

Comment

• The Buffalo airport is closed (not sure how much snow they received), but in West Erie, they reported 49 inches of snow. Two people have died. Expecting more snow until Sunday.

Comment

• The line of snow has drifted to the north of the greater Buffalo area around Niagra and into Canada. It's also lost some of it's steam and the snow is lighter and not as waterlogged.

It will move back south again one more time later today and then that should do it. The west Erie area includes Hamburg and Eden. They were showing some highway footage this morning where the plows had been, and you could see the lanes (minimal traffic due to the travel ban now throughout the county) but the reporter said it was a deceiving viewpoint. And then pointed out the on and off ramps that were there but were indistinguishable due to the snow cover. And it wasn't like you just couldn't see the tire tracks to guide you, the entire exit, sign and all were covered under feet of snow as if they didn't exist. Wild stuff to end the week in NW New York.

Comment

• Parts of the Buffalo area received 66 inches of snow...............Tom Cruise is 67 inches tall.

Comment

• 0BE9003B-1A63-46E2-8406-C0F510AE5EDA.jpeg

Started at around 1800 yesterday, this was taken at 1130 this morning. Still snowing as I sit here on the toilet taking a break from plowing.
                  People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Ooof

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      0BE9003B-1A63-46E2-8406-C0F510AE5EDA.jpeg

Started at around 1800 yesterday, this was taken at 1130 this morning. Still snowing as I sit here on the toilet taking a break from plowing.
                      Your posting while taking a dump?

Comment

0BE9003B-1A63-46E2-8406-C0F510AE5EDA.jpeg

That's a sh!t load...of snow.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

You’re posting while taking a dump?
                          Doesn’t everyone?
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Doesn’t everyone?
                            I thought you people up there sh1t in the woods.

Comment

I thought you people up there sh1t in the woods.
                              That’s fair. A lot of us do.

Comment

Your posting while taking a dump?
                                *Yore

Comment

Working...
                                X