Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
    Can you even tell the difference between-25 & -55 wind chills?
    Wind chill really isn’t a big factor where I’m at. But there is a big difference every ten degrees below -20. It freezes the moisture out of the air and gets really thin and crisp.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post

Wind chill really isn’t a big factor where I’m at. But there is a big difference every ten degrees below -20. It freezes the moisture out of the air and gets really thin and crisp.
      Kind of like when you take a deep breath through yer nose and the nostril hairs freeze up. Yep thats bracing alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post

Kind of like when you take a deep breath through yer nose and the nostril hairs freeze up. Yep thats bracing alright.
        Doesn’t really happen up here because there’s about 0% humidity
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• shock attempting the 'boiling water' challenge...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Maybe THAT was the inspiration for Keeper of the Plains??!?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
              shock attempting the 'boiling water' challenge...

I was hoping at -55 my pee would evaporate before it hit the ground. I was disappointed.

Comment

• Accidents are already piling up in and around Wichita. 135 has been shut down in both directions around 21st for quite a while, though it looks like southbound may be opening back up shortly.

It's bad enough that work is releasing us early this afternoon to try and avoid 5 o'clock traffic in these conditions.

I think we've been dealing with freezing fog this afternoon. It's allegedly supposed to "warm" up a little for the drive home, but overnight is when we'll find out how bad tomorrow will be. Unfortunately, I don't have the capability of working from home with my current job so I have to make the trek in tomorrow regardless. Times like this I miss my last job, where I always had the option to stay home when it got bad and was encouraged to do so and work from there.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by ShauXTyme View Post

And it’s gonna be a long winter.
                  Prediction don't really support that supposition. This cold spell only going to last 2 days and then above normal conditions are coming.

winter 1.jpg

Then milder temperature for the western half of the U.S. except for the deep south through mid-January.

winter 2.jpg

Comment

• SUMBITCH !! Don't go outside

Comment

• Agreed. It is DANGEROUSLY cold outside so please be sure that your wife has on two pair of socks when you send her to get the mail and de-ice your porch and what not.

Comment

• In fact, in this damn Biden economy I took her car away to save on gas money, so she's been walking to the grocery store. But now it's so damn cold that just to be sure she's safe, I might follow her in my truck.

Comment

• It is bloody cold out there.

The roads aren't near as bad as I was expecting.

Visibility is poor, and in some instances, nearly non-existent.

Nobody is at work, but here I am.

Rene's makes a fantastic breakfast burrito.

I wish I were at home.

Did I mention that it's ****ing cold as **** outside?
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                            It is bloody cold out there.

The roads aren't near as bad as I was expecting.

Visibility is poor, and in some instances, nearly non-existent.

Nobody is at work, but here I am.

Rene's makes a fantastic breakfast burrito.

I wish I were at home.

Did I mention that it's ****ing cold as **** outside?
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by SB Shock View Post

Prediction don't really support that supposition. This cold spell only going to last 2 days and then above normal conditions are coming.

winter 1.jpg

Then milder temperature for the western half of the U.S. except for the deep south through mid-January.

winter 2.jpg
                                I’ve deemed NOAA medium and long range outlooks to be quite horrible.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X