Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 - Severe Storms (T-Storms and Blizzards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

El Dorado reported 5" and Andover 6" this morning.
    No housewife in Kansas is gonna complain about that.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

El Dorado reported 5" and Andover 6" this morning.
      Must be east of the turnpike. Sure as hell isn't anything close to that here.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

That’s what happens when you replace your wife’s yard stick with a meter stick. I know because it got me through until she married me.
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post

We live in east Wichita, next to Andover. I scoop our driveway and it was in the 5-6 range, no drifts.

Comment

How are the roads ya’ll?

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by Maizerunner08 View Post
                  How are the roads ya’ll?
                  The ones I was on in Wichita were snow packed and slick. Had a hard time getting going after stopping for the light at 29th and Rock but the person next to me had even a tougher time. I was at least a quarter mile up the road before he/she got going. Once you got going it wasn't too bad although I don't think you want to have to stop quickly. Good to see the sun today, wasn't expecting that till tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

The ones I was on in Wichita were snow packed and slick. Had a hard time getting going after stopping for the light at 29th and Rock but the person next to me had even a tougher time. I was at least a quarter mile up the road before he/she got going. Once you got going it wasn't too bad although I don't think you want to have to stop quickly. Good to see the sun today, wasn't expecting that till tomorrow.
                    Good to know. I’ve not had a reason to leave the house and was curious .

Comment

In case anyone was curious, it started snowing here this morning. Looks like about 3” so far. Supposed to get 12 out of this. That would bring our total this year to around 48”. It warmed up a couple weeks ago and settled it some so there’s only about 30-35” out there. Just entering the snowy season tho so we could see 60” total. Normal this time of year is about 2’

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                        In case anyone was curious, it started snowing here this morning. Looks like about 3” so far. Supposed to get 12 out of this. That would bring our total this year to around 48”. It warmed up a couple weeks ago and settled it some so there’s only about 30-35” out there. Just entering the snowy season tho so we could see 60” total. Normal this time of year is about 2’
                        Have you always been the "Mine is bigger than yours" kinda guy?

Comment

Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Have you always been the "Mine is bigger than yours" kinda guy?
                          gotta compensate somehow.

Comment

Wichita 259 and some area districts doing a snow day on Friday as well - https://www.ksn.com/weather/closings-delays/

More about the 259 closing - https://www.ksn.com/news/local/wichi...-day-in-a-row/

In an email sent out by USD 259, they have canceled classes on Friday, Feb. 3, for the following reasons:
                            • Several winter weather factors that create a dangerous situation for our students
                            • Snow and ice-packed residential roads
                            • The concern about the timeliness of our buses and the danger to children who would be impacted by severe delays
                            • Difficulties clearing snow on our campuses and the ice underneath
                            Not responsible for damage from posts that sail over the reader's head.

Comment

Headed to Mammoth in a couple of weeks for ski week. Got a base of about 145 inches right now. Can't freaking wait...

Comment

Hey SB Shock, what are you seeing for wx on Wednesday night/Thursday morning?

Comment

Working...
                                X