Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuTheOne View Post
    Albert's and Mars Garden.

Good friend of mine is family of the founders and owners of both. Chinese made fresh when you order it beats buffets, but buffets have eliminated the made-to-order Chinese restaurants.
    Missing ALBERT'S greatly, ate there constantly!

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

Can’t recall, I only had their burgers…
      Even as a kid, I was all in on deep fried meat. Still love me a good Chicken Fry.

​​​​

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post

Even as a kid, I was all in on deep fried meat. Still love me a good Chicken Fry.

​​​​
        You say that like it's a bad thing...........

Comment

• Is this thread only for those in their 70’s and 80’s??
          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Sandy's at Douglas and Grove was the turn around on the east with the turn around less defined on the west end. Talk about of time of innocence. Didn;t have to worry about someone with a gun ending in violence and just a few fist fights from time to time. Sometimes had to to be wary of the Orchard boys but they tended to stay west of west street. I would not trade any era to grow up in for any since even with the new technology and cool things now. Officer Paulie (WPD) worked security at the North high Sandy's. Kept the traffic moving but he would bust your chops from time to tim. Made me pick up the sunflower hulls I spit out of the parked car in the parking lot.

Comment

Was it Sandy's that had the Pork Fritter Sandwiches?
              They had the fast served grilled cheese sandwiches. As a little kid, they were it for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                Sandy's at Douglas and Grove was the turn around on the east with the turn around less defined on the west end. Talk about of time of innocence. Didn;t have to worry about someone with a gun ending in violence and just a few fist fights from time to time. Sometimes had to to be wary of the Orchard boys but they tended to stay west of west street. I would not trade any era to grow up in for any since even with the new technology and cool things now. Officer Paulie (WPD) worked security at the North high Sandy's. Kept the traffic moving but he would bust your chops from time to tim. Made me pick up the sunflower hulls I spit out of the parked car in the parking lot.
                I was never a Douglas knuckle dragger, but knew many who were.

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                  Is this thread only for those in their 70’s and 80’s??
                  RackMultipart.23277.0_crop_340x234.jpg

Comment

• NM
                    Last edited by Wuzee; August 9, 2021, 02:45 PM. Reason: somebody already had it.
                    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                      Is this thread only for those in their 70’s and 80’s??
                      C’mon man!
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

And south Seneca before it turned into a Hardee's.
                        I'm too young to remember Sandy's but I know the one on N. Main in Hutch also became a Hardee's.

Comment

• Coney Island, precursor to Shhhhhpngles.

...many years before I grew up and realized that it was best not to do business with the Shhhteven clan.

Comment

• Carol's carryout and Sharky's Arcade in Park City.

Comment

• The Dodge dealer on way south Broadway. Hard to believe today that there once was a new car dealership down there.

Comment

• Furr's cafeterias. Being a kid those huge pick what you wanted setups were like living in a dream.

Comment

Working...
                                X