No announcement yet.

70’s and 80’s Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think maybe the Halloween Parties were more interesting back then...

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
      I think maybe the Halloween Parties were more interesting back then...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
        I think maybe the Halloween Parties were more interesting back then...

Whoooo. Hope you don't find any older than that. I'd become "respectable" by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

a57d79d6b56e1388202c46094ada8d3f60b38e78788d2bab84951e8c28c36197.jpg

Comment

• Das sieht lecker aus!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeKennedyRulZ View Post
              Are Bierock's still around in Wichita? Used to love those as a kid.
              Yo! Everyone smash that like button!!! Bierocks was sooo good!
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

Yep!! Sooo dang good. My mom and grandma used to make them as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

Whoooo. Hope you don't find any older than that. I'd become "respectable" by then.
                  I’ll admit — I went as far back as possible to try and smoke some of you old bastards out.
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post

If you are roamin' around the state outside of Wichita.

Comment

• Sgt Peppers on E Harry for those that likes to smoke their dessert

Comment

• The old Fireside at Harry and Woodlawn

Comment

• Judging by the popularity of this thread we are a bunch of old, fat drunks.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I think my brother’s in that video

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post

I think it's a cultural and generational shift in dining trends. As a teen in the 80s, going to the Hut, Godfather's or Ken's (Hutch) for pizza and pop was definitely a thing. Now pizza is viewed more as a carry-out/delivery meal to eat while watching TV.

It's been replaced with half-priced apps at Applebee's. Dats wut da kidz ah doin deez dayz round here.
                              We have a chain based in Baton Rouge called Rotolo’s. All fresh dough and ingredients. And still has seats I side and patios. Serves craft beer also.

Pizza Hut just decided to trim costs to squeeze profits.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

If you are roamin' around the state outside of Wichita.

https://www.onlyinyourstate.com/kans...ants-bierocks/
                                Why, yes, yes I am roaming around the state outside of Wichita.

20210813_201201.jpg
                                Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Working...
                                X