70’s and 80’s Wichita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
    The Dodge dealer on way south Broadway. Hard to believe today that there once was a new car dealership down there.
    Don Schmidt Dodge, bought a new '90 Caravan from my uncle. Became a family man and gave up the 280Z.

Comment

• Fairland Cafe on Broadway in a small building between what is now the Ambassador Hotel and the old Henry's.
      Went there while in HS in the early 70's. Good place to go for late night eats after partying!

Comment

Furr's cafeterias. Being a kid those huge pick what you wanted setups were like living in a dream.
        Chocolate pie was amazing!

Comment

Furr's cafeterias. Being a kid those huge pick what you wanted setups were like living in a dream.
          Furrs still exist. Just not in Wichita for anyone missing the Chocolate Pie.

Comment

• Looks like they are in Arkansas, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma and Texas. Better get out there for another road trip WuDrWu

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown View Post

Furrs still exist. Just not in Wichita for anyone missing the Chocolate Pie.
              I was actually curious of that right after I posted. Wiki says they shut the chain down just a couple of months ago. Bankruptcy.

Comment

Furr's was meh to me. I didn't like how someone served me portions. So Hometown Buffet was the shizz for me. I could dish everything myself, so if I wanted an entire plate (or two) of whatever, that's what I got.

Yeah, I was kind of a glutton.
                "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

Furr's was meh to me. I didn't like how someone served me portions. So Hometown Buffet was the shizz for me. I could dish everything myself, so if I wanted an entire plate (or two) of whatever, that's what I got.

Yeah, I was kind of a glutton.
                  They didn’t care. Both were owned by same company. They leveraged both sides.

Comment

• Anyone remember Kip's Big Boy on Kellogg around Armour?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                      Anyone remember Kip's Big Boy on Kellogg around Armour?
                      Best strawberry pie on the planet…

Make an old-fashioned Big Boy Strawberry Pie with this easy copycat recipe and video. A perfect dessert for enjoying fresh strawberries.

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by shock View Post
                        Is this thread only for those in their 70’s and 80’s??
                        Screw the 70's and 80's. Ross and I were known to 'devour' bags of 5 cent WhiteCastle burgers in the Roaring 20's...

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• The thing about buffets .... all those people that grabbed those spoons right before you did. I'm no germaphobe, but that thought makes me cringe a little. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't stop me from grabbing two heaps of sweet and sour chicken and fried rice. But I pucker a little every time I grab the spoon.
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• 80s favorites:

Pizza: Big Cheese Pizza

Theater: Crest Theater

Music/CD store: Musicland

Book Store: B Dalton and/or Rectors

Arcade: LeMans Speedway (Towne East)

Toy Store: Toys by Roy

Comic Book Shop: Shadow's Sanctum on East Harry

Favorite Hangout: anywhere dragging Douglas

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                                The thing about buffets .... all those people that grabbed those spoons right before you did. I'm no germaphobe, but that thought makes me cringe a little. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't stop me from grabbing two heaps of sweet and sour chicken and fried rice. But I pucker a little every time I grab the spoon.
                                I'm not a big fan of buffets either. Not to judge people, but buffets tend to bring out the 'Kansas State Fair' crowd. By the way, where do those people come from anyway?

Don't know, but I do love me some bacon...

Comment

Working...
                                X